Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What items have you purchased PRE OP to help you be successful in your WLS Journey?

*please share any of the items/brands/flavors that you would recommend purchasing ex: blender bottles, Protein powders, scar tape, and fitness trackers

Portion control is a huge hurdle for me as you may have heard me discuss binge eating habits in previous posts. Yesterday, I purchased several items that I think will be useful in helping me be mindful of proper portion sizes. I wasn't sure how to upload pictures of my purchases, but you can see all of the items that I picked up here: sugar free Raspberry Syrup, and five quarted strawberries to make 9 mini pops that were the perfect Thumb Size portion with only 14 calories and 3 grams of protein. This mold differs from anything you would find in the Dollar Store because it's very easy to use. You don't even need to run the molds under warm Water before pulling out the popsicle. This item would be great for anyone immediately post op!

I'm a self proclaimed shopaholic so I'm looking forward to reading about other items that you recommend purchasing. If you have found a product, brand, or flavor of an item that you're in love with, please post it here!

<p><span style="color:rgb(75,0,130);"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">What items have you purchased PRE OP to help you be successful in your WLS Journey?</span></span></span></p> <p><span style="color:rgb(75,0,130);"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">*please share any of the items/brands/flavors that you would recommend purchasing ex: blender bottles, Protein powders, scar tape, and fitness trackers</span></span></span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"><span style="font-size:12px;">Portion control is a huge hurdle for me as you may have heard me discuss binge eating habits in previous posts. Yesterday, I purchased several items that I think will be useful in helping me be mindful of proper portion sizes. I wasn't sure how to upload pictures of my purchases, but you can see all of the items that I picked up here: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href=' style="color:rgb(0,0,128);"> Please don't mind the first two mins. of ranting (and "F" bombs) that I do! A lady told me that I was "too big" for a purse while shopping, so I had to vent!! </span></span></span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"><span style="font-size:12px;">I'm absolutely in love with the Zoku mini pop silicone mold that I purchased! It's very easy to use and makes 1oz size popsicles. I combined 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, with 1oz of Jordan's Skinny sugar free Raspberry Syrup, and five quarted strawberries to make 9 mini pops that were the perfect Thumb Size portion with only 14 calories and 3 grams of protein. This mold differs from anything you would find in the Dollar Store because it's very easy to use. You don't even need to run the molds under warm Water before pulling out the popsicle. This item would be great for anyone immediately post op!</span></span></span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"><span style="font-size:12px;">I'm a self proclaimed shopaholic so I'm looking forward to reading about other items that you recommend purchasing. If you have found a product, brand, or flavor of an item that you're in love with, please post it here!</span></span></span></p>

A journal ..,lol. You need to write everyday. It's a great way to gauge your own serenity

Angelala, I think that's a fantastic tip! It's so important to focus our thoughts about our WLS, and I'm sure a journal will be a powerful tool Post Op in reminding ourselves about the importance of our journey when we're have struggles. Thanks for sharing!

A journal ..,lol. You need to write everyday. It's a great way to gauge your own serenity

I'm 3 days preop. So far some things I've bought and loved or at least tolerated well:

Premier Protein drinks in chocolate from Sams club $20 for 12

Premier Protein in vanilla with 31 grams from Trader Joes or the Vitamin shop $2-3 each

A small Blender Bottle from Walmart. It says it's 20 oz but it really only holds about 12. $5

samples of syntax nectar Protein from the Vitamin shop $2

Unsweetened apple sauce

Cottage cheese

About 5 pairs of jeans in my favorite style in every size from a 22 to a 12

New sheets and a body pillow so I'll be comfortable when I get home.

I use my fitness pal to keep track of what I've been eating on my preop diet and run keeper for work outs. I'm hoping to buy a fitness tracker soon. I'm waiting to see what the next gen of smart watches look like before I decide on one.

I'm going to go check out this Popsicle maker ASAP. Thanks for the tip!

Hydra Coach Water bottle. :) Its great because they say you need a lot of Water after and it keeps track of how much you are drinking. :) I bought a fitness and food tracking journal those are the two things i bought. :)

Thanks Megan. I will definitely check out the water bottle.< /p>

Thanks for the tip Mellie!! I just ordered the mini pop off of Amazon. I think that will be helpful great idea.

It is so funny you have started pre shopping. I have been doing the same thing! I started out with stocking up on my liquid Vitamins. Everything from the daily, Biotin, Calcium, and a liquid Protein. That reminds me i need to get another set of each, while the price is good.

My next venture was portion size storage bins, a fat strainer, electric scales, Portion Control spoons, plates and the mold you place over the plate.

I bought the advantage bariatric Protein mix, ProtiDiet starter kit.

The I have been hitting the clearance and sale racks on different sizes of shape wear. Supposedly that will help with the skin issues.

I did get a few Water bottles and sippers, since u can't drink fast I felt I needed something to slow me down. I am a gulper.

I also got a polar for my birthday. Don't use it, I have no idea how to really work it. So my husband got me a fitbit flex for valentines day. I can't tell you how my h I love that thing! Easy to work! It syncs online and with my iPhone and myfitness pal.

I have been pick g things up for months. Most off Amazon. Which is the best deals for this stuff. Type in bariatric or gastric bypass or weight loss there's so many things on there.

Love these ideas! Especially the popsicle maker. Besides lots of Protein Drink mixes and Vitamins, I bought a chicken...yep a chicken... to make my own broth to freeze. Got some small serving size containers for freezing my broth. Figure I'll eat the chicken pre-surgery and the broth post op. Real chicken broth tastes SO much better than the canned stuff. I'm a revision (plication to bypass) so I learned a few little survival tips from my first surgery a few years ago.

I also bought baby (toddler) eating utensils to help me to keep bites small when I get to soft/ solid foods. Sounds silly, but it helps.

Also got some slippers for the hospital, since I hear they will be making me walk the halls. Funny the topic of shopping is posted... can never be too prepared! And new stuff makes the journey that much more fun! :)

A food scale is great post op.

If you are looking for small containers look at baby food products. There is a huge portion of the world who make their own baby food and use glass or plastic containers. Many are 2,3 or 4 ounces. I found a ton on Amazon.< /p>

Toddler spoons and plates as well as 4 and 6 ounce tupperware containers have been really really helpful for me this far.

Mellie May great video I just email you as well as subscribe to your channel, I just bought the collaspe cups I think they will be helpful to me, I also bought a food scale, several Protein shakes to try but my favorite is premiere shakes at Sams club as well as grape frost Isopure. I also bough one cups size serving cups with the little frozen pad that goes in it to keep foods cold. My hubby bought me a Vera Bradley cargo bag, blanket, pillow, and Teddy Bear for my surgery.I am looking forward to reading your post.

I bought fancy appetizer spoons and forks. They are the perfect size to eat with and are pretty. Also, appetizer plates and small bowls, pretty smaller cups and wine glasses. I know, no wine for a year, but you can drink other liquids from them too. I like to sip my iced green tea from them. Fancier table ware makes the simplest food look and feel special.

I buy small containers to pack my food in. I have a pretty insulated lunch bag I carry everywhere. I keep non-perishable high Protein Snacks in my car, purse, and desk at work. TJMaxx has ceramic containers with covers that have a steam vent - perfect for reheating foods in the microwave at work without drying it out. They're $2.99 and up depending on size. I use these daily.

I've discovered that I love Chike high Protein coffee (available from Amazon). It has real expresso in it. I don't seem to like coffee much anymore but still want that caffeine kick in the morning. This protein is perfect. I make it with Water and crushed ice and it tastes just like a Coffee Coolatta from Dunkin Donuts (like a coffee frappe). I just bought a new inexpensive blender to keep at work so I can make it there. In addition to giving me a caffeine boost it also boosts my protein for the day, which is great because workdays are the days I'm most likely to fall short of protein goals. :-)