Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Panniculectomy in 2 weeks.

I had surgery 2/28/13 and have lost 114 lbs. I have 20 to go. I saw the plastic surgeon last week and I can have surgery as soon as we get the insurance finished.

How long do u have to wait after wls to get a panni? I hear u should at least wait a year!

My VSG was 08/12. My PS was 03/14

So I was 19 months out. I made goal weight at 10 months out and hadn't lost any significant weight since 13 months out in 09/13

I think it depends on a few things 1) how much fat to skin you have 2) the plastic surgeon's preference 3) insurance requirements if not cash pay.

Also, the year thing is because your skin is an organ. It will retract...some. Probably not enough to make a difference post massive weight loss. KWIM?

My otherwise pretty decent incision scar has a dog ear on the end. I'm very upset considering how cocky my Dr was about his patients never getting them

post-170380-0-36831400-1396719485_thumb.jpg

Did your insurance pay for the panni? Do you have FMLA or short term disability while you are off?

What is a dog ear?

My otherwise pretty decent incision scar has a dog ear on the end. I'm very upset considering how cocky my Dr was about his patients never getting them

Vogue. Help! I don't see it?

I guess it's more puckering than a dog ear. Dr says it's still to early to determine and to wear compression garment.

Yes insurance (Aetna) paid for panni

I'm using FMLA time from work

My company doesn't participate in government disability insurance. We get paid as long as it's FMLA approved

I guess it's more puckering than a dog ear. Dr says it's still to early to determine and to wear compression garment. Yes insurance (Aetna) paid for panni I'm using FMLA time from work My company doesn't participate in government disability insurance. We get paid as long as it's FMLA approved

I see the pucker. I had that. I'm 7 weeks on Tues. My incisions are flat. I'm still in compression garment in the day time. At 3 weeks I could come out of it at night.

Also at 3 weeks my surgeon had me start taping my incisions. This helps them lay flat. If your heavy scabs are gone, check into taping. I'll post pictures here if you want.

Surgeon gave me tape called "3M Micropore." That stays on 24/7. She thinks silicone is over the top (expensive) unless necessary and she doesn't evaluate the necessity until 6 weeks. (I see her Monday.)

I'm wearing it about 18 hours a day. I wear it most all day and almost all night. I seem to get irritated about 4am. For last few mornings it's been off about 5am til about 9 or 10.

I'll look into the taping. The incision otherwise is flat and looks good

Im only 3 weeks out (well in 2 days I'll be)

Hey everyone congrats on all your success n upcoming and recent surgeries just stopping past to say i kinda dont like the outcome of my panni but im happy i did it and is not blamming it on my doctor its my fault i was also sick for a month so i will b where i want to be by my birthday n 3 and half months im going for 35 plds wish me luck and congrats all n god bless

Is that paper tape on A blue plastic spool?

Two sizes

post-134789-0-10296800-1396816679_thumb.jpg

post-134789-0-42628100-1396816701_thumb.jpg