Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No more coffee for me

Hi everyone,

So I was sleeved 15 days ago, I love to have a cup or two of coffee in the morning but since I have been sleeved. FORGET IT! Gross is all I have to say.

I think my tastebuds have changed, its not that it hurts my tummy, its my tastebuds. I like coffee, plain and black. But I just find it tastes gross to me now. Anyone else find this, is there any other food that you use to eat but just cant stand the taste of since being sleeved?

Oh well, I guess I will trade it for tea....good thing I also LOVE tea.

Oh I love(d) my coffee... And now I'm on half-caff and I don't even finish it every morning. I thought my Protein Shakes were pretty tasty... Now I have realized they're not very tasty...

I haven't tried anything yet that I loved and now hate, probably cause I'm only two weeks out and still on liquids. However I do have a totally different taste pallet now. I used to crave sugar and sweet things constantly. Now I have very little desire for them. I want savoury, wholesome food, my body may just be craving the food it needs to heal itself but I have heard of peoples food preferences changing after being sleeved or banded.

It's very common for your tastes to change, especially in the first few months. It's always a shocker to eat something you think you like and discover you now think it is gross LOL. It keeps changing, too.

I was never a tuna fish fan, then during my soft foods I ate it all the time and loved it. Now, I'm like "meh" and never seek it out. During my first months I didn't like candy or sweets anymore, either. Unfortunately, that trait didn't stay :o

I love coffee and couldn't wait to try it again after surgery - it was such a pain. It would take me an hour to drink one cup. Ugh. I just didn't enjoy it.

Now three months out - I am back in the coffee saddle. Life is good again!

So there is hope after all! I'll wait a few months and try it again.

eggs..can't stand them. Love my coffee. Thanks goodness that hasn't changed. Also found that I like mayo where I didn't before. Just a tsp tho.

Evidently it is not unusual to have your tastes change. Which may not be such a bad thing..LOL

I think dunkin donuts coffee one of he only things I was craving after surgery, I waited about a week before 1st cup

1st day to eat soft foods and nothing seems to taste like it used to.

Definitely give it a rest -- I learned that here. I was likely 12-14 weeks out before I could tolerate coffee again. I enjoy it as much now as I ever did.

Tastes, wants and desires definitely changed for me.

I thought I'd miss bread - I don't. In fact, I can go weeks without it. I made 1/2 slice of toast this morning and threw 1/2 of it out.

I thought I'd miss pasta's and going to my favorite Italian places - nope. The thought of sitting down to a big bowl of pasts turns my tiny tummy.

I find I can eat the same things over and over again and not care.

I did miss my coffee - I liken it to a smoker enjoying their cigarettes. I like to sit down with a piping hot cup and read a book or watch a good TV show. I have, however, found that I can enjoy some Decaf coffee, so that filled the void until I was approved for the real stuff.

I was a huge coffee lover pre-surgery. After surgery I hated coffee for 2 months. It made me feel so ill. But in my 3rd month I tried it again, and I am back to being a coffee lover! I am actually very happy because not drinking coffee was hard on my psyche. It is associated with happy thoughts, times with my family and friends etc. Now I have to monitor not to have too much coffee and especially not to have too much milk everyday in my coffee!!

I love my coffee but have found that when I drink it daily I don't loose any weight. It is crazy....I even up my Water to make sure it isn't related to that. I drank it for a week didn't loose nothing...didn't drink it for 4 days lost 4 lbs.

I drank tea during my preop diet. Yummy black tea. After surgery coffee didn't sound good but a latte sounded so good. It was good so now I have an espresso with fat free milk and it's perfect. But regular coffee is out. And I'm not liking crystal light this week. So I'm just putting the Syntrax in my Water.< /p>

I cannot have caffeine yet so I have a cup of Decaf. Wish I could though, might help me in other depts lol. Oh well, soon enough!