Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking about ...

Hello Sleevers ,

I am now 6 1/2 month out and seem to be on the longest stall ever or is it me? I've lost 58lbs my Doctor says thats ok but seems to be disappointed . Seems like slowly I've been introducing the wrong foods into my diet such as daily coffee, pastas etc. some of this not so desirable choices come from my super busy schedule and not being prepared . I still cannot eat large amounts but can eat more than I could when I first had surgery (of course). So now I'm at the point where I'm thinking I should try going back to phase one for a couple days or a week to kind if set my eating back on track. Wondering if anyone has and tips or had been through something similar?

I could have written this post. If I don't prepare before a busy day I end up making wrong choices. For me the message is clear prepare, prepare, prepare,

That seems to be a great weight loss. its about 10 lbs a month. Its about average.

If you are really concerned and it seems as if you are, get back to day 1 and go back to liquids and start over. You know what you need to do!

Good luck

I agree that 10 lbs a month is a good average wt loss. As for getting back on track - You gotta do what feels right to you, and if that includes going back to liquids then do that.

But if I were in your shoes I think I would stay with solids and do these things:

(1) Re-read the instructions / commandments about dense Protein first at every meal, chew-chew-chew, eat slowly, etc.

(2) Re-commit to your plan for what you're going to eat: Calorie limitation but allowing carbs, or no calorie limitation but almost zero carbs (Atkins) -- whatever your plan is, re-commit to it.

(3) Track everything that goes into your mouth. Use whatever method works best for you - a handwritten food journal, an app on a smartphone, MyFitnessPal ... whatever you choose, but DO IT. Do it every. single. day., every. single. bite. And track Water too! You can't manage what you don't measure.

You might want to repeat #1 & 2 once a week or so until your habits have changed back and they're second nature once again.

Best wishes.