Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting impatient

This is my first time here and I am in the process of getting gastric bypass. I currently have the lap band which I totally regret. Unfortunately I had a very close person to me pass away from gastric bypass and after that it scared me so bad that I decided to go with the band. I lost 60 pounds and then it stopped:( since, I've gained most of the weight back and recently injured my back and found out I have fibromyaglia. I have 2 beautiful girls and a wonderful husband. I am getting gastric bypass now because I want to be healthy and happy for my family:) right now my lap band removal has been denied but hopefully my wonderful doctor will get that overturned. Just patiently waiting impatiently!!

Glad you are here. Hope you find the support you are looking for. I am having a revision from a band to RNY. No problem getting approved for the removal....awaiting approval on the RNY now (denied the first request). Had to re-do classes, psych eval, etc. But, my letter was just sent to the insurance company again yesterday. Hang in there and know you are doing the right thing to have a healthier you!

Hi Jess805, Sorry to hear about your friend, and also sorry to hear about the problems with the band. I too had the band too and had many issues with it that I had to have it removed and that was back in 2011 and since I hadn't done anything. I thought well I had that in me and made me realize how much I needed and wanted to loose the weight and I tried and tried on my own and nothing happen except for more weight piled on? So I decided I need to get the bypass also, and I am now approved to get it and my surgery is set for 3/19. I am super excited to get it done, but I am so anxious to have results and anxious to get it done I am driving myself nuts, and I am getting depressed which I am already but it seems worse???? I know it can be stressful going through this process but don't let yourself get down on yourself, just keep pushing and you will get there!!! That is what I have to tell myself everyday!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Thanks:) I feel like my depression is getting worse too.... I'm ready to start this new chapter in my life and have done all my pre-op stuff and was hoping I'd have it done already. I had this awesome job opportunity and have to pass on it cause I'm still waiting for my insurance to get it together. It's frustrating but I know it will be worth all this frustration in the end. Thanks for your kind words and I will keep posting!

Believe me I know depression. I take depression meds cause otherwise I would be crying everyday all day??? I don't know why, just stress I think due to all the stuff in my life that seems to go wrong, but with my meds I am stable? Maybe talk to your doctor about that? That stinks you had to turn down the job??? How long have you been waiting on your insurance to get it together? I hope that it all gets better!!!

I started in July of last year with the entire process and I've been waiting a month on my insurance. It's just one thing after another. I am already taking Lexapro and Cymbalta but I think just all the added stress going on..... Kinda want to pull out my hair but don't want to cause I will probably lose it after my surgery! Haha

LOL, I know what you mean, I am feeling the exact same way. Today I just want to go home and crawl back into bed and cry? I am feeling really ugh today???? I am anxious to get this started cause I hate being the way I am and so many times I have tried to change but it doesn't seem to do anything but add more weight? Then everything going on in my regular life it's like I can't get anywhere. Then of course I live in Massachusetts and it is freezing here, and there is so much snow, and I am so sick of it I could take a hose and hot Water and just flush it all away but then I would have Ice??? I want to get out in the sun and the heat and soak in some Vitamin D instead of being stuck inside all the time??? I hate it!!! Have you tried to call your insurance company and ask them why it's taking so long? I have BCBS and I got my approval in a week? That doesn't seem right a month?

Wow I also had the lap-band and passed on the bypass from fear alone. After having the band for one year it slipped and since we were in the process of adopting from China I waitied til we brought her home before I couldn't take any longer before having it taken out. Oh and my insurance would only pay for it if I went thru the emergency room!! So here I am almost as heavy as when I got the band. New insurance thru Cigna and one more weight check before all paper work is done. I have three friends and my mom had bypass and they r great!!!

Wow I also had the lap-band and passed on the bypass from fear alone. After having the band for one year it slipped and since we were in the process of adopting from China I waitied til we brought her home before I couldn't take any longer before having it taken out. Oh and my insurance would only pay for it if I went thru the emergency room!! So here I am almost as heavy as when I got the band. New insurance thru Cigna and one more weight check before all paper work is done. I have three friends and my mom had bypass and they r great!!!

luckyinluv, thats great you have 3 different people you can talk to for help!!! That is why I am so grateful for this site but I wish I knew someone close to me that had it done, but I am sure I will be fine. As for the lapband, mine didn't slip it got way to tight and wouldn't loosen when he filled it, I was vomiting everything including liquids? I couldn't even drink a glass of Water without eating and I would vomit? It was awful!!! So do you know how long after your friends and moms surgery that they started noticing the weight coming off?

luckyinluv, thats great you have 3 different people you can talk to for help!!! That is why I am so grateful for this site but I wish I knew someone close to me that had it done, but I am sure I will be fine. As for the lapband, mine didn't slip it got way to tight and wouldn't loosen when he filled it, I was vomiting everything including liquids? I couldn't even drink a glass of Water without eating and I would vomit? It was awful!!! So do you know how long after your friends and moms surgery that they started noticing the weight coming off?

Some people have a few pounds weight gain right after surgery, but it starts dropping real fast after a few days. I lost 32 lbs the first month, but it really slows down after that. I've lost 60 lbs in 4 months. Not as much as I would like, but I have only 40 more lbs to Lose, so I'm over halfway there.

My lap band was too tight as well..... Everything came back up. Since I've had all the saline removed from my band I have gained 15 pounds :( It was horrible! I too have many people that have had the procedure which helped me change my kind about the surgery. When my loved on passed away it was because of something the doctor did and not necessarily due to the surgery itself. I am stilled scared but I feel like I have to look at my overall quality of life and right now it sucks:( I have fibromyalgia and pain everywhere.... Possibly due to my weight. I've always been a big girl all my life and when I was younger I was super athletic. Now I can't do anything..... My kids are still young and I'm ready to change my life!! I hope that I'm successful with my surgery!

Good news!!!!! Surgery set for March 19th!!!

Jess that is awesome news!!! Same day as me!!! Well do you have to do a 2 week diet? I do, so I have to start next wednesday!!! Well thats great, I am happy for you!!!

Yeah I have to do my pre op diet.... And 48 liquid diet prior to surgery!!! Can't wait to hear about your experience too!!!!

Wow only 48 hours? man I have to do 2 weeks? Well I will definitely let you know!!!