Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post op tomorrow... I can eat a good amount. Is this normal?

Hi Guys:

Just an example of what I ate today.

Breakfast was about 1/2 c. cottage cheese and peaches.

Lunch: one third of a crab and black bean/refried bean burrito... I added cheese, salsa and guacamole (burrito was baked in oven smothered in salsa so the tortilla was very soft)

Dinner: another third of that burrito

snack was greek yogurt

I feel like that is a lot.

I stop when I feel restriction but I was thinking I wouldn't be able to eat that much this soon.

Just wondering how other ppl are doing just a few weeks out. Thanks

I had my surgery on Jan 22, 2014 , just starting soft food. I was 2 weeks liquid, then 3 weeks puree. I can eat about 1/4 cup then full. After that nausea and vomiting, pressure in my chest feels like my heart will explode. Be careful don't stretch your pouch.

Error

Edited by MsKeeKee01

Error

Edited by MsKeeKee01

Well the pouch/tool is still your stomach and as an organ not used it will continue to shrink and cause weight loss if you eat a small amount and your stomach get a use to it. I personally wanna eat less but not like a baby bird...

Your tool will learn to fit your eating habits like a glove, so it's important to maintain a healthy diet but honestly..if you can eat more now than most, it doesn't mean you have or will fail at any time it may just mean that your new stomach will learn you and you just may not have the results many others see but to me, you may have it better if u can still eat a somewhat decent amount and continue to lose, just may be a bit slower and take more time.

Sounds like you still win as long as your healthy. I have a friend who had the surgery as a study with no pre op classes, no weight loss requirement, no pre op diets and she never even got the post op nutritional classes that would have helped her be more successful. See she had a huge weight loss but not as much as she wwould've. but she said No matter what she ate, she lost consistently. Maybe this is why all surgeons have different recommendations at different stages....maybe because it doesn't matter what u eat cuz your gonna lose it anyway! (A girl can dream)

But in this case, the best advice to follow is that of the image you'd like to possess. So I LOVE bariatric.com for its community and our diverse neighbors and their opinions....as radical as they become!!

Hi all, I'm 3days out and stuck on a clear liquid diet which consists of apple juice, Water,and unsalted chicken broth.

Its extremely boring...and I wanted to know what are other liquids I could take in? My clear liquid stage lasts for about 6 days more but I'd like to incorporate some other liquids.< /p>

I too am 3weeks out and also feel like I can consume more then most. I have yet to vomit and rarely feel nauseous. I very happy at this point and try to get as much Protein in from fish and chicken. I was a tad bit concerned at first, fearing I wouldn't lose as much weight.