Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 21st Sleeve in TJ Mexico... Nervous but Excited!

So after a friend of mine had her sleeve done about 3 years ago I have now decided to go ahead and do it myself.

I am nervous, anxious, scared, excited, and so full of different emotions. My Dr is only advising me of a 1 week pre op.

5 days of Protein for Breakfast and lunch, then two days of strict liquids. I think this is the one I am most worried about, will I be starving and bitchy?

I hope all goes well I am nervous and not telling my youngest child who will be 10 on March 27th. :(

I hope to get from 218 to 140. My goal is by my 40th birthday to be able to run a full marathon in a healthy body.

Good luck fellow sleevers... I hope you all reach your goals!

WHAT A GREAT GOAL! GOTTA ASK THOUGH, HOW OLD ARE YOU NOW IF YOU DON'T MIND MY ASKING?? RUNING A MARATHON MAKES ME WANT TO PASS OUT JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!!! THAT IS A FANTASTIC GOAL AND TO SAY YOU DID IT AT 40YRS OLD, HOW AMAZING!!!!! GOOD LUCK! P.S. I'M ON MY PRE OP DIET RIGHT NOW, SURGERY 3/4, AND IT REALLY IS NOT AS BAD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE. I DEFINATELY HAVE MY BITCHY MOMENTS BUT THEY ARE MUCH LESS THAN I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE, LOL!!!

Hi, I am in Mesa AZ and also going to Tijuana to the Obesity Control Center to Dr. Ariel Ortiz. My pre-Op diet has been 15 days of Protein shakes three times a day and Clear Liquids and green vegetables or salad. I have lost 10 pounds and my surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday the 26th. Good luck and stay in touch. Pat

I am 38 and have ran 13 half marathons so far and done a Ragnar race along with other 5k races. It is not for the lack of exercise, I am active I just can not get this weight off my body. I hope with this procedure I will lose the weight and be able to walk the Tillman in April and start to build up for a half marathon in Nov, then by June of next yet a full. Hopeful but I will let my body do all the talking. I have a feeling it will be slow.... but I am hopeful.

Good luck with both of you on your surgeries... I hear take gas x strips and chapstick, two major things.

Hey azinuit1, I'm having surgery in Mexicali March 20 with Dr Aceves. I'm not worried at all about Mexico - some of the best medical care I've ever received was in the Philippines and Panama.

I can SO relate to you because I did crossfit for a year while following strict Paleo nutrition, and never got below 263 lbs! I was the strongest female at my gym and I did lose some inches but never got below size 20 and that is soooo frustrating! I'm looking forward to feeling like an athlete again, being able to do all the activities that are so uncomfortable now. I live on an amazingly beautiful island surrounded by crystal clear 85 degree Water and yet my paddleboard is collecting dust. :( Not for much longer though!!

Best of luck with your surgery!!

Good luck with your surgery.. sounds like that paddleboard wont be collecting dust for long. I am totally with you all the way and I hope we both have great success! Only a day prior to my surgery....Thank you for posting, enjoy the Island, I one day hope to wear a bathing suit and just feel comfortable... for now being in the desert just wearing shorts will be great! . :)

Keep me posted on your success! Good luck once again...

<p>Hi, I am in Mesa AZ and also going to Tijuana to the Obesity Control Center to Dr. Ariel Ortiz. My pre-Op diet has been 15 days of Protein Shakes three times a day and Clear Liquids and green vegetables or salad. I have lost 10 pounds and my surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday the 26th. Good luck and stay in touch. Pat</p>

Patsypatrice, I hope you are doing well. I am from BC, Canada, and have a home about 45 minutes from you in San Tan Valley. One day to be my winter retirement home and by then, 6 years away, I intend to be fit and healthy and active! I have done several half marathons, but, the weight comes on when I'm not in training. But not for long! My surgery date is March 11 in Tijuana.