Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does the gas ever end?!

This gas pain is really bumming me out.. I was just banded Thursday ... What can I do to prevent loose skin? I just have so many questions...

I was just going to post something similar. Maybe we'll both get some answers - I'm still in liquid phase and (TMI alert) whenever I drink let's just say it going right though me- I'm 10 days post op. When does this stop?!

If you are not up and walking, often, you can move the gas by doing so. Also, try gas-x and a heting pad. Best wishes, Karen

It does get better !!! Hang in there !!!

I found a heating pad or "Magic Bags" you put in the microwave REALLY helped me with the left shoulder pain and gas I had after surgery. Mine only lasted 3 days. Walking also really helped.

Not sure how much you have to lose but if it's 50 or more pounds there is really nothing you can do about the lose skin.

I saw 4 plastic surgeons before I had my extended Tummy Tuck and skin removed from my chest "manboobies" and they all told me the same thing... if you lose 50 or more pounds your skin WILL SAG. Sometime age will be on your side but more than likely if you have a lot of skin it will have to be removed by surgery.

I had 18 lbs of skin removed with my tummy tuck and 4 lbs removed from each "manboobie" :) I was 40 when I had the extra skin removed and did exercise and my arms and legs were and are very toned.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs

The gas will end I promise :) it took me 2 weeks to feel normal again. I gave been using coconut oil as my cream not sure if it is helping with the loose skin. I work out cardio and weight train 6-7 days a week. Dint know if it's my age or my luck or life but I see plastic surgery in my future a full body tuck or something like that . Don't worry this is ur journey you will get there and if u have saggy skin well thanks to medical technology you can get a nip tuck :) best of luck

I can actually feel the has pain lessening lol I'm 5 days postop. Still don't have much of an appetite yet but I'm sure that will be back. What's the biggest mistake people make with the band? Do any of u have any success pointers?

LyceeB,

I was banded on Wednesday and I was asking the same thing. I've used Miralax which helped tremendously. I also took a long walk to at Wally World and that was a HUGE help. Each day gets better. Also my after band diet allows creamy Soups. So the fact that I can actually put something in my belly may be helping with combating the gas as well. It's not GONE but it's tolerable.

Edited by starfish n coffee

It's going away minus the occasional gas pains creeping up my back. But it is getting better. My hunger is coming back. I really just want some mashed potatoes. But I'm still on thin liquids. Can't wait to get to yogurt week. At least I can live off of that.

I'm also suffering from the gas, I wake at night wailing in pain and can't wait for it to end. I've been taking Windeze, gripe Water, and using a microwave wheat bag but still spending hours awake in pain every night pacing the kitchen floor. Wondering if I'll ever feel normal again

I'm also suffering from the gas, I wake at night wailing in pain and can't wait for it to end. I've been taking Windeze, gripe Water, and using a microwave wheat bag but still spending hours awake in pain every night pacing the kitchen floor. Wondering if I'll ever feel normal again

when did u get banded?

Yes the gas pain eventually goes away, although I still have much more passing of gas than I ever remember pre-band.

As for success pointers, I would say:

-- Follow your doctor's outline

-- focus on solid foods (when permitted) and not liquids

-- Drink loads of Water

-- Walk more than pre-band every single day, and add formal exercise 3-7 days a week

-- Eat slowly and chew well

-- Focus on Protein foods

-- Follow up frequently with your doctor; participate in a support group (locally or at least on here)

-- Measure out your foods until you are proficient at "eye-balling;" use smaller utensils and plates/bowls.

Yes the gas pain eventually goes away, although I still have much more passing of gas than I ever remember pre-band. As for success pointers, I would say: -- Follow your doctor's outline -- focus on solid foods (when permitted) and not liquids -- Drink loads of Water -- Walk more than pre-band every single day, and add formal exercise 3-7 days a week -- Eat slowly and chew well -- Focus on Protein foods -- Follow up frequently with your doctor; participate in a support group (locally or at least on here) -- Measure out your foods until you are proficient at "eye-balling;" use smaller utensils and plates/bowls.

how long have you been banded? How much have I lost and kept it off? What is your biggest challenge? Can you ever eat Pasta and rice again?

LyceeB,

Please don't be offended when I say this but it sounds like you weren't properly informed at all prior to your surgery? Poor thing.

This is what my nutrition team told me as far as what I could eat again. (and this is MY team some may vary)

Apples no skin

Stay away from doughy breads

(toasted if you just have to have it. I choose not to)

Pasta - same as bread. It swell's and could get stuck.

Make sure you chew your foods slowly at least 30 times or until mushy. And only 1 cup of food per serving.

I hope this helps. There are more variations as more people will post.

You get lots of help here.