Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crud.... Here we go again!

Just like the last two episodes..... Went to bed fine and I'm up pacing the floor with horrible stomach pain and nausea.

The EGD showed nothing wrong.... My band is empty and I haven't eaten since supper at 7.

I am not going back to ER to be treated like an idiot or freak of nature cause I have an "implanted diet device".

Sorry you're going through this! Since the band checked out ok, do you think maybe you have a stomach bug or something?

No, this is the third to time in 6 weeks that this has happened.

If it's very painful, you should take a trip to the ER or call your doc's emergency number if he provides one.

There are many non-band related, and many band-related issues that cause stomach pain and nausea.

Not something you are going to diagnose on this forum, although we are all sympathetic to your late night sleep interruption and can keep you company as you pace.

Gall bladder, bowel problems, ulcers, gluten intolerance, irritable bowel syndrome .. These are just a few things ...

I have his cell number... But he even says he is at a loss for what it could be. And his office is an hours drive away, he has offered to meet me there the first time it happened.

The medical community here (spfld,il) treats you like your an alien for having the band. I over heard them talking when I was in last time (2 weeks ago) "where are the labs on the lady with the diet implant". They are very quick to label and dismiss people (yeah I also work in the medical field here) Pain isn't as bad now as an hour ago. Took another zofran to see if it helps

Thanks for the company.

Happy to provide it. I know from experience that sometimes a little company can make things so much more bearable,

I'm glad you have his numbers and that you are in the med field yourself; of course you know that alone, makes you even more hyper-aware, lol.

And it's good that is easing up ... But regardless of anyone's batty opinions or comments in the ER, you need to be your own advocate and not really care what they mindlessly say.

Maybe if you have some herbal tea, you can sip a cup and just try to relax through it. Sorry I'm far from an md, but I have a husband who has stomach issues for "no medical reason" --but then again, he doesn't have a band to be concerned about either.

I'm in CA, so it's not yet midnight and I'm still awake for some reason.

Working on the hot tea. I'm thinking it is helping calm it down.

Yeah the medical field here really does suck for certain things... Heart attack, stroke, cancer.... They are good.... Weight loss, psych, and general health care....SUCKS. It's a shame too.

I was really relieved I didn't have an erosion when they did the EGD. But another part of me says get this damn thing out of me. I get frustrated when this happens and everyone's response is "what do you expect you weren't made to have that thing"

OMG. I JUST HAD THE BIGGEST BELCH OF MY LIFE....

thank you for being up chatting. Kept my mid busy.

I hope that does it for you, but I'd still get a follow up with your doc.

I went and read your earlier posts about the erosion check; it's good he takes checking things out seriously.

I've only had one bout of pain/nausea, and it was due to a very stress-filled day and some Cajun-spiced scallops that were very, very spicy. I used to love spicy foods, but not anymore. :-/

I'm taking it that you're going to try and get some sleep soon, so wishing you a solid sleep and a better tomorrow.

No not going to be for a while. But if your headed that way it's ok. Once I get up. I'm up for a while.

I'm going to try to turn in. I'll add you to my nightly prayers, and leave you with many other night owls on here. Truly hoping you are feeling better.

Thank you! Peaceful dreams.

Sorry you are going through this. Please have them rule out (or diagnose, if this is the case) gall bladder.

have them check your gallbladder.. sounds like it could be what is wrong.