Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello

I was sleeved in May of 2013... Lost 85 pounds the first 3.5 months .... Have been kinda stuck since October or so ... I don't know why I can't find the motivation to go to the gym even though I wants to lose another 90 pounds ... I have snacking and eating some stuff I don't shouldn't be... So I know why I haven't lost any weight.

I'm wondering the best way to start over... Should I start the food stages over again? Yes I know the gym is a big part of it... But I'm interested in the best way to

Deal with the food ... I feel hungry like I did pre surgery ... But obviously I eat a lot less when I do eat the junk..

Thank you for any help

Hi,

Weight gain / weight loss is such a psychological roller-coaster. It's easy to eat the wrong things. I think we're testing our limits as far as what we can eat & still lose weight with so we grab the quickest thing, which is typically not the healthiest option.

As for staying motivated overall, you need to remember why you did this surgery in the first place. Why did you want to have it? What was the final straw that made you say, that's it, I need WLS.

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength. Contact your NUT for advice, or find a bariatric dietician that can help you re-focus your energy on eating the right things. I don't think doing something drastic, like going back to week 1, is the best idea, because you'll feel like you're depriving yourself.

Call the Dr/ the NUT, and get advice on how to proceed. You need help, and seeing this now, before things gets worse is the best thing you can do. It's not even so much gaining weight back, or not losing any more, but making sure you eat healthy & get the needed nutrition you're body needs. The last thing you want is to suffer for weight related health issues.

Good luck sweetie!

Hello

I was sleeved in May of 2013... Lost 85 pounds the first 3.5 months .... Have been kinda stuck since October or so ... I don't know why I can't find the motivation to go to the gym even though I wants to lose another 90 pounds ... I have snacking and eating some stuff I don't shouldn't be... So I know why I haven't lost any weight.

I'm wondering the best way to start over... Should I start the food stages over again? Yes I know the gym is a big part of it... But I'm interested in the best way to

Deal with the food ... I feel hungry like I did pre surgery ... But obviously I eat a lot less when I do eat the junk..

Thank you for any help

You already know what to do if you really think about it. Protein first, 60-80g per day, Water Water water, cut the crap, log it all. You did it before and you can do it again. Keep it simple., like in the beginning and you've got this

This hole losing thing can be really frustrating can't it? Especially when you read of others, and how it just falls off of them, and they never seem to struggle. However, no two people are the same! It is really important that you track your food. Either in a personal journal, or online through a program like My Fitness Pal (there are apps you can get on your phone too. I'm too poor for one of those fancy phones, so I can't help you there, but I'm sure there are some that can guide you there). Record EVERYTHING! What you eat, what you put on your food (salt, pepper, ketchup etc), what you drink. EVERYTHING!! You may be surprised! Eat your Protein first! Make sure you're eating several little meals during the day. Healthy of course. And get your Water, Water, water!! If you are dehydrated your body will hold on that water!

As far as exercise goes, this can be hard. Especially if it hurts, or wears you at. I struggled at first with this. I could hardly do anything! I had to push myself, and others had to push me to get me going! The more you do, the easier it becomes and before you know it you'll be doing things you thought you never could! Now I hate not working out, and I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I don't! I hate it! But it took me a long time to get here, and I'm sure if I would back off too much I would slip back into that mind set. Just remember to get active! Even if you start out with just walking, even for only a few minutes!

I have actually heard a lot of people going back to pre-opt diet for a week. They do one day of liquids, one puree, and one soft. There is a thread on here someplace where they talk about it. Might be in the diet section. I don't remember. I have not done it.

I am 16 months out and can eat more now. I try to fo better. Its still a struggle

When I was 8 months out I had to put everything on hold. I was in my last year of getting my master degree. I didn't have any time to exercise, cook or track my food. I was working full time, trying to keep up with my family and trying to keep up with school. I was stress and I couldn't lose weight. For 3 months all was Protein Shakes and tried to eat healthy hit it was impossible as we were always eating out. I gain 5 lbs and then I started thinking that it's okay because of everything I was going threw. However, after I graduated I had to restart. I started by eating 60-80grams of Protein. I track everything I was eating. I stop eating chips, m&m (my 1am snack when I had to read), I cut all the junk food. It was like I was restarting the program. I started losing weight again and then after a month I started exercising. I had to force myself to exercise. You can do this. Just start by doing the basics protein, Water, Vitamins, veggies, and cut the junk out. Set small goals and track everything. Try different exercise walk one day, next day do weight lifting, dance or aerobics. Don't try doing everyone at once. You got this!!!