Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 pre-op group

I'll let you know for sure Tuesday. They just suggested Isopure and said it was acceptable for clear liquid phase. I'm gonna try and start asap because I'm paranoid about losing hair.< /p>

My pain level is maybe a 5 now.. It still hurts while I'm getting up out of the chair or bed.. And it's a little uncomfortable walking but it's not painful my stomach just feels really tight .. Oh and when I take a really deep breath it hurts right under my ribs. I had my surgery Wednesday and got to my room by 3pm and was up for a walk by 4:30. And it hurt bad but I had them give me pain meds and I made myself get up to walk a little.

Do u have a high pain tolerance? I have like zero tolerance for pain so ur 5 might be like an 8 for me. Lol. How often did u have to get up & walk around at the hospital? What type of pain meds did they give u & did they help a lot? Is there anything u needed at the hospital that came in handy that u suggest I bring with me?

Do u have a high pain tolerance? I have like zero tolerance for pain so ur 5 might be like an 8 for me. Lol. How often did u have to get up & walk around at the hospital? What type of pain meds did they give u & did they help a lot? Is there anything u needed at the hospital that came in handy that u suggest I bring with me?

I suggest extra undies...and lots of pantyliners...coughing my cause you to dribble..lol...tmi tmi....but both light weight...i wore my pj loose bottoms most if the time with really large shirts...dont over pack like i did....only need 2 baggy pants at the most..and 3 shirts depends on how long you are away..youll wear hospital gown day 1 and maybe day 2.

Hey I had my bypass April 2nd and was released from the hospital yesterday the 3rd overall I feel pretty good the pain is getting better the more I walk.. I'm on the Clear Liquids for the first week and just 1 Popsicle I feel so full.. Anyone have any tips on how I can get my Protein in on the clear liquid diet? ? Please help!!

1st week dont worry about protein..mits about flushing gases and reducing swelking...stomach not healed enogh for heavy stuff...comes in week two...milks..yogurts etc...just get in what u can...dont push your stomach to meet requirements...take it slow..mthis is a learning oeriod.. first 6 weeks post op...and watch your sugars...fat and sodium content...im surprised no ones mentioned that one..except myself...dilute high sodium Soups or choose another....good luck on your journey and congrats

Hey all I'm scheduled for Monday and so nervous about pain-anyone's stories would help!

I suggest extra undies...and lots of pantyliners...coughing my cause you to dribble..lol...tmi tmi....but both light weight...i wore my pj loose bottoms most if the time with really large shirts...dont over pack like i did....only need 2 baggy pants at the most..and 3 shirts depends on how long you are away..youll wear hospital gown day 1 and maybe day 2.

Good to know! Thank u!! :)

Hey all I'm scheduled for Monday and so nervous about pain-anyone's stories would help!

I'm worried about the same exact thing! Good luck to u. I'm on Tuesday

I'm scheduled for Wednesday and I have the same concern!

I am 62 yrs young and the last time I was below 200 lbs was 39 yrs ago. Will I know this person when I meet her again? Im not sure. Very scary for this woman but i am READY!!

Actually pain is minimal....they keep u doped up with good stuff...lol...its the gas and bloating post op that is annoying and discomfort...im day 9 still trying to lose the gas but seems many people have lost all theirs sooner. Its worth it...just use extra pillow for front when lying sideways....

I am 62 yrs young and the last time I was below 200 lbs was 39 yrs ago. Will I know this person when I meet her again? Im not sure. Very scary for this woman but i am READY!!

Congrats Valerie! I see so many more older peopke doing this...i think its awesome...after all you still have 30 plus yrs to go....im so excited for you!! May ask pre op weight and when your surgery is??

Yes at my pre op visit I was 312lbs and 11 days on opti I am down to 294. Yea!!