Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

Hi this Is PJN2005 s husband.First i want to thank you all for your support of my wife. She is doing great and I wanted to tell you all ,I Love the way she looks . Plus she is a special girl that you would Love big or little. Hoping you all are doing as good as she is,and looking great too.I know from my bypass 7 years ago before this band thing came about that it can be hard to do . But you all have a better deal you can get a fill when you need it. The Doctors and staff are great in Clinton and this group is great to!!! Hope I do not get in trouble From her for posting this God Bless you all on your way to freedom that this will give you Jc

Hi this Is PJN2005 s husband.First i want to thank you all for your support of my wife. She is doing great and I wanted to tell you all ,I Love the way she looks . Plus she is a special girl that you would Love big or little. Hoping you all are doing as good as she is,and looking great too.I know from my bypass 7 years ago before this band thing came about that it can be hard to do . But you all have a better deal you can get a fill when you need it. The Doctors and staff are great in Clinton and this group is great to!!! Hope I do not get in trouble From her for posting this God Bless you all on your way to freedom that this will give you Jc

Haaa That was so sweet of you pjn2005's husband. It sounds like she has married a great guy. Glad to hear that she is doing well.

Terry

Terry,

Would love to meet for lunch tomorrow or Thursday. Which works best for you? Panera or Za's for me because I had a fill today and won't be able to eat much else but Soup. :biggrin2:

Kelly

Kelly,

I just got home from getting an unfill today in Champain. How about tomorrow at Panera's on Kirby at 12:00 noon.

Terry

I can't believe you were just getting an unfill and I had a fill at noon! Crazy. I'm sorry you had to be unfilled again. I'm up to 3.6 cc's as of today, so we'll see how I do with that. I will see you tomorrow at noon at Panera on Kirby. Take care.

Kelly

Hi All,

I am going for my first fill on Monday! I am nervous and excited, as I have been really hungry and although I have been pretty good at my food choices, I have definately had some set backs.

Here is my question....what is Dr. R's policy on the day of fill. Do I fast or can I eat Breakfast? My fill is at 4, and I can't imagine going all day with nothing to eat. Any suggestions? I was going to call him when the office opened, but by then I have been up for almost 4 hours and I have already started class. (It is almost impossible to get to the phone once my cherubs have come into the room.)

Thanks,

Michelle

I went for my first fill and they didn't give me any specific instructions, I had Breakfast that morning and went for my fill at 9:00. They do like you to do liquids 2 days after though. I go for my second fill on Tuesday in Champaign. Good luck with your fill!!!!

Hi All,

I am going for my first fill on Monday! I am nervous and excited, as I have been really hungry and although I have been pretty good at my food choices, I have definately had some set backs.

Here is my question....what is Dr. R's policy on the day of fill. Do I fast or can I eat breakfast? My fill is at 4, and I can't imagine going all day with nothing to eat. Any suggestions? I was going to call him when the office opened, but by then I have been up for almost 4 hours and I have already started class. (It is almost impossible to get to the phone once my cherubs have come into the room.)

Thanks,

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I can't speak for anyone else but this is what I do. I give myself about 2 hours of not eating anything before my fills. If I were you I would have breakfast, and lunch, and lite snack. That should give you enough time to not have any food in your little tummy before the fill. You can ask him yourself about what he wants you to eat afterwards....he tells me to go on a liquid diet for a few days after a fill. Good luck with your fill. :(

Terry

Hi all,

Well....I'm going in for another unfill. I just had one last Tuesday. I'm down to 1ccs right now. I wonder if he will end up taking it all out. Right now I'm only getting Water down, and sometimes a thin Soup.

Terry

went today Monday March17th for my 2 fill, have a total of 3.5 cc. Hope this does something, the first one did nothing, I just watched my intake, think I could of eaten a 7 course meal without thinking about it twice, butttttt, I didn't.I really don't feel any different tonight, but maybe tomorrow I will be able to feel some restriction. I hope. I go back for 3 rd April 10th, Dr Sidney,in Clinton. Our Journey is long,but worth every step...Becky

Becky,

I was at the office today too. I think we might have been in there at the same time. Were sitting against the wall? When I was waiting, a Becky was called back. I wondered if it was you. My appointment was at 3:30, but I got there a couple minutes late. Small world?

My app was 3:15 but didn't go in till almosr 3:30,Had a green uniform on I had come right from work, my husband was with me,I have gray, real gray hair, My next app is April 10th, 2:30 Did you get a fill, I did Dr did it, the PA did it before I must say she isn't as rough, he really hurt me, she didn't.Now I have a total of 3 cc.

Welcome to our thread! It's great to have new folks! I have some advice for you since you are open to it. My advice is to pick and choose wisely about which advice to listen to.:lol: Sounds vague, right? I have found while looking at many of these threads that some people are very poorly informed about what is and isn't healthy, but they are die hard on telling poor unsuspecting people everything they think they know until they scare the you know what out of them and have them questioning themselves about everything they do after they get banded. I've read of people eating as little as 500 to 600 calories, eating no carbs ever, exercising 2 hours a day, blah blah blah. It would make me squirm just reading the posts because I can only imagine what condition those folks metabolisms are in. The lap band was not designed for self-starvation. If we wanted to starve, we'd have had gastric bypass surgery. So, I think that is the most important piece of advice I could give you is not to doubt yourself and beat yourself up for eating normal amounts of food and exercising normal amounts of time because someone else tells you that you aren't doing it right. On a more positive note, I'm so excited that you are making the journey with the rest of us. Mine has been very rewarding and Dr. R is a wonderful surgeon. Just so you know, Terry and myself like to get together for lunch once in awhile for lunch and if you are close by, we'd love to have you. Good luck to you!!! :Dancing_biggrin:

hello, also in the champaign area (monticello), i had my surgery on March 12 at carle with Dr. Rohrscheib. i'm now 1 week post-op & doing well, except for some shoulder pain & itchy incisions.truly, the worst part was the gas after the surgery. the surgery went very smoothly, the nurses were great, very professional, competant & friendly. i thought the pre-op physical was a bit much, i had to have an ekg & a stress test because the doctor doing my physical said she heard a heart murmer, which i've never had before! it cost me an extra 2500 dollars! thank goodness for insurance! Anyway, don't be too nervous, they do a great job at Carle. L

:lol:

hello, also in the champaign area (monticello), i had my surgery on March 12 at carle with Dr. Rohrscheib. i'm now 1 week post-op & doing well, except for some shoulder pain & itchy incisions.truly, the worst part was the gas after the surgery. the surgery went very smoothly, the nurses were great, very professional, competant & friendly. i thought the pre-op physical was a bit much, i had to have an ekg & a stress test because the doctor doing my physical said she heard a heart murmer, which i've never had before! it cost me an extra 2500 dollars! thank goodness for insurance! Anyway, don't be too nervous, they do a great job at Carle. L