Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

Well got home last night from John Warner, about 8pm I was his last one for the day, couldn't sleep very well as you all have said, that left shoulder and my port, but other than that , that has been the only discomfort,little dizzy, but think thats because of no food, an lots of pain paids.. Love you all will be back to talk with you all later, nap time.:hurray:

You'll be feeling alot better tomorrow. :hurray: Make sure you walk,walk,walk to get the gas worked out of your system. (The gas that the doctor used for the surgery....thats the gas I'm talking about.)

I was at John Warner yesterday too. I was there in the morning down in x-ray.

I am having a hard time with the liquid diet. It scares me that I will have a hard time when I get banded. I hate Slim Fast. And I haven't really been starving, it is just that I don't like the shakes and so I have been drinking a lot of that Protein Water. Did he notice that you hadn't been faithful to the liquids?

Another thing that I am a little worried about is my medicines. My thyroid medicine is very small, but I also take Effexor to help with my hot flashes and that is bigger. I tried to go off it a couple times, but I get pretty sick. In fact, if I miss one dose, I am dizzy and sick the next day. I just don't want to add to my discomfort from med withdrawl. And since it is a time release (XR) it can't be broken up. How did everyone else take their meds the day of the surgery?

Hi Michelle,

You are doing fine just quite worrying so much. :cursing: I did the same thing.

I worryed about if I could get my pills down. Yes you can.

I do'nt like slim fast either. Put some tang,peanut butter, ect flavoring in it. Use one scoop fat free ice cream and make a small shake.

When you get banded....at first you wo'nt be very hunry .... much. You will still be able to take your pills. It is very important to not eat solids until the doctor has told you its ok. You need to give your stomic time to heal.

I was told to take my med's even on the day of surgery. The pills will be in the bottom of you tummy, not the top where the doctor will be putting the band on.

Feb.8th is right around the corner..... :thumbup:

You will do fine.

Terry

Just saw Dr. Rohrscheib for the first time today. Very impressed with his overall bedside manner, his way of making sure I understood what the Lap Band procedure entails, what to expect, etc. Also equally impressed with his office personnel. :lol:

My sister is in her fourth month of "needing a recent weight-loss effort lasting at least six months on her medical record" effort. She has BCBS of IL. I have Empire Blue and from what I gather we're at opposite ends of the spectrum where approval and Blue Cross/Blue Shield is concerned. I got the impression that Empire Blue is a lot easier than BCBS of IL so I'm hoping I got off lucky. Time will tell. :confused:

I'm currently at 431, having actually started at 446 right before Thanksgiving 2007. Thought since Sis and I both have BCBS that I'd have to do the six month thing and started on Slim Fast, hence the weight loss. :tt1:

Anyway, I don't post much, wander in and out as my soul dictates, but I figured introducing myself was in order. :frown:

Take care and Blessed Be! :confused:

Edited by brynna

Hi Brynna,

Nice to meet you. I wish you and your sister lots of luck with your weight loss program. I hope the insurence pays out of you.

Please keep us updated,

Terry

Terry,

Thanks, I am getting pretty excited. It is a week away, and I have been doing pretty well on the liquids, now that I have gotten over the initial shock of it. Did you have any problems with caffeine headaches? In the past, when I have stopped drinking Diet Coke for a while, I have taken Excedrine, but not now for sure.

I got a couple of samples of unjury from Dr. Sid today. I am going to try them this weekend. The nice thing about going through the week, I am really busy and I don't have a lot of time to think about food. The weekends kill me. But I am trying to stay focused.

When did you get banded? I have lost 13 pounds on the diet so far. That is a nice jump start!!

Hi Michelle,

You sound like you are doing great on you liquid diet. Your right the weekends are alot harder. If you have lost 13 lbs, you are doing out standing. I have always tried to stay away for caffeine drinks, outside of having a coke once in a while; so I never had the headaches.

I had my surgery done in Mexico by Dr.Ortiz on Jan.22 2007. As you can see...I'm a very slow losser. I feel like I'm still working out the kinks in getting my band just right. Last friday I had to have Dr.Rohscheib do an unfill. I have to go back to see him in one month. I hope I have lost something by then. I have just started going to the gym like a good girl.

You may have to get creative with the Unjury. I didnt like it but then again...I do'nt like milk.

Keep me tuned in Michelle on your progress.

Terry

Brynna,

I was at Dr. R's office on the same day. What time did you go? I saw a couple of other women in there. I was with my friend and we were pretty giggly. I am getting pretty anxious. What a journey we are getting ready to take!! Good Luck!!

Terry,

I have a hypothetical situation.....if someone was on a liquid diet, and there was a can of pringles sitting on the counter, and that person accidently ate about ten of them, what would happen? Not banded yet, and STARVING. We are having a snow day today, so that gives me a lot of time to roam around my kitchen. I don't want to mess anything up, it is just going to be a long weekend.

Hi Michelle,

Hey do'nt feel bad....things happen on all diets, we just are'nt made to be purfect. If we were we would'nt need the band in the first place. I fell off the wagen too when I was on my liquid diet. I went to Sonic burger. That's alot worse then a few pringles. The reason the doctor wants you to lose weight befor the surgery is so that your liver will shrink some. It makes it easyer for the doctor to get around it when he's putting your band on. Tomorrow just jump back into your liquid diet and he will never know.

I did'nt have a good day either. I bought one of those small bags of sugar free candy and yes....I ate the whole thing.

Terry

I thought that the pre op liquid diet felt like some sort of form of torture. Hideous medieval Torture. It was hard! And my scale wasn't moving. I felt like I was starving and here the weight should have been just about visably melting off of me, I was that hungry, but nope. So then I had the surgery and of course afterward the liquid diet is no big deal. Its all fine and dandy.

I just got a fill tuesday. I needed it! I was told not to wait so long and let the band do more work. Thats what I needed to hear-- and to tell the truth it makes me feel like less of a failure having been plateued these past few months. I'm to go back in in six weeks.

In joy your chinese lunch. I hav'nt been able to eat chinese since I have gotten the band. My last big splurg was a Sonic burger.

Good luck and I hope you do well on your liquid diet. :biggrin:

Do you think you will need plastic surgery after you lose all your weight? I've been wondering and hoping I wont need it. Everyone's skin is so different.

Unless some amazing elasticisty and shrinkage happens, I'm going to need some plastics. My skin is just disgusting. Disgusting! Actually, in some spots, like the upper arms its so bad its fascinating. Seriously, I look in the mirror and stare entranced at the folds of loose skin. Its like some science experiment. It now has folds! For a couple of months I have not been at all able to wear sleeves that reveal upper arms. And I swear that a couple of days after every pilates session, my thighs get looser. My tummy is actually pretty bad. It gets lower and lower. I got a girdle thing, its called a svelt belt for daily wear because my silhouette was just that off under shirts and stuff.

My grand plan involves having a kid in a couple of years. And after that I plan on having surgery to tuck, liposuck, and tighten and whatever else it is that needs doing. My boobs, for example, just keep migrating south. I know its cold out, but I am not even 25 yet!

Sometimes I like to think about life as a cyborg. The high end kind, naturally where there are no bugs and all the machinery works correctly. I think about what parts I would get fixed or replaced and so forth. And I suspect that boobs cross not only my list but the list of many women. Think of it! If we were all cyborgs, we could adjust for things like sensitivity levels. I'm tone deaf, aka amusica, and I'd like to experience music the ways other peolple do since they seem to have completely different criteria. So I'd think they could make a chip for that or something. Because I watched the inspector gagdette cartoons as a kid, I think a swiss army knife thumb might also come in handy. Yes, I know there are issues like Gattica, etc. But sometimes its nice to imagine. I could open anything with that thumb! Ok sorry for the tangent, but yes I do plan on plastic surgery being in my future.