Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

Hi everyone! Went and got me second fill Monday.Boy can I tell a difference with this one.I am not hungry at all .Feeling great !Penny

Wow Penny good for you girl.

I'm seriously thinking about going to get another unfill. I can't hardly anything solid.

Terry

Crazy cat, I was so proud of myself, yesterday I got on the scale when I got to work,I work in a Drs. office, was down 6 pounds,thought boy I'm on my way, Been on the liquid diet since last Sat. well I was so excited, this AM, and I knew better I thought well I did the same thing I had done the day before, so marched in and got on the scale..........gained 3 pounds. what the world .Blew my whole day. but I do think its funny now that I have been able to de upset all day Thor

Thor, where do you live? I started drinking slimfast in the mornings and I don't like it. I have also been trying to have a fat free yorgrut for lunch. That is okay, but by the time I get home, I am starving. Are you feeling full all day? I used to work in a busy drs. office, and I know that keeping my energy level up all day is really important. I keep telling myself that I can do anything for 2 weeks. You are almost there!!!

Hi Thor,

You sound like you are doing really good on your liquid diet. A number of different factors could make your weight change. That time of month,retaining Water, ect. Just hang in there....you are doing good. :)

Penny that dreamsickle recipe sounds really good, I'm going to try it.

Terry

You ladies sound like you are doing great on your liquid diet! Keep it up! I still think the hardest part about this whole process was that stinking liquid diet. If you can make it through those 2 weeks, the rest will be a piece of cake! Kelly

Yeah, the liquid diet felt like evil or torture to me. I like unjury myself. I add some benefiber.

I need to get a fill-- I'm hungry these days. My tummy is talking to me, and I listen all too readily. I'm trying to focus on healthier Snacks these days and working out more. My gym is the Mettler center in Champaign. I like it because they have different classes and are conscious of various health issues and I can get physical therapy there when I need it and make sure everything coordinates.

Did everyone here? The weight loss surgicenter for Champaign that Dr. R plans on building actually was approved. It was in the paper. Personally, I am interested to see what sort of plastic surgery specifically is offered. Looking at the way the skin is sagging already, I'm definitely going to need some in the future (I'm going to wait a couple of years until after I have a baby though-- get all that skin stretching done).

The News-Gazette.com: State OKs weight-loss surgery center in Champaign

Hi all,

Well....I can't take this anymore. I'm going to go to John Warner tomorrow morning and Dr.Rohrscheib is going to take an x-ray. I just can't get hardly anything down. Even coffee in the morning hurts. You would think....I would be losing weight. Wrong. cheese puffs still go down at night.

Tomorrow is the "official" start of my liquid diet. I am not looking forward to it at all, but it means that my surgery is closer!!

I have a couple of friends who work for OB/GYN's and I guess the new thing is for them to be doing plastic surgery. I had plastic surgery a few years ago and I was telling my surgeon that I wanted a Tummy Tuck some day, but I could never afford it. He told me that most insurance companies WILL PAY for plastic surgery, if you could site a medical reason. I asked him what a medical reason was and he said that if you have extra skin, and it causes skin irratation to the point of infection, ie. yeast infection/sores, and you DOCUMENTED IT, most will pay.

Something to think about as the weight falls off. I will be calling my doc if my skin folds cause irratation.

I am going to have my last lunch. I think it will be chinese today.

In joy your chinese lunch. I hav'nt been able to eat chinese since I have gotten the band. My last big splurg was a Sonic burger.

Good luck and I hope you do well on your liquid diet. :rolleyes2:

Do you think you will need plastic surgery after you lose all your weight? I've been wondering and hoping I wont need it. Everyone's skin is so different.

Terry,

Did you go to the dr yet? Are you okay. Little worried after reading your post.

Kelly

Hi everyone,

I just got back from John Warner. Dr. Rohrscheib looked at my band under the x-ray and he said it's fine. He gave me an unfill and he wants to see me in one month. I'm glad I got the x-ray though for just the piece of mind. He said some people...myself being one of them just does'nt need much fill with their bands. I ready to eat my salads now...ya hoo. He asked me if I had heard the news about his new office going in Champain. He seems excited. :rolleyes2:

Are we going to meet for lunch at Panaras on Kirby ave, Feb.4th at noon?

Kelly I can't wait to see what you look like now.

Terry