Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Follow A Sleever From Day 1 to 1 Year

Jersy girl too Thanks for shareing. Waiting for or to open up today's my day big concern will i loose lost 1 ld preop

Thx for the response. My surgery was yesterday, and I was NOT weighed in...yaaay...lol. My surgeon said he didn't run into any complications and maneuvering around my liver was no problem b/c it was in good condition. Congrats to you on losing 25lbs that's a great accomplishment.

Jerziegirl you sharing your story is such a motivation for me. I am scheduled to have my surgery on May 6. I sm excited and nervous at the same time. I am ready to be healthy again. I begin my preop diet April 29. BW was 244 my CW 226. I had to lose 12lbs before paperwork was submitted to insurance but I lost a little more but dont feel like I lost. I will continue to follow your story and you continue moving forward in your journey

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted~been so busy with my kids! I feel really good! Lost 20 the first month, 5 the second month and down another 2.3 so far this month. Total = 27.3

Starting Weight 229

Surgery Day 220

Today 201.7

Still having trouble with my Water and really need to try harder with that! Getting most of my Protein in because I still drink shakes everyday. Starting to lose some hair but I feel great! How are all of you doing?

I love your thread. My surgery was 03/05 and I weighed 224. As of this morning, I am 199. Woot Hoot! As you can see, I am a slow loser too. I know if I drank more Water and exercised, I might also see the scale move a little faster. I pray that I never see 200 pounds again. Hopefully, losing slow will help us keep the weight off. Your threads give me the incentive to keep going. Thank you so much for sharing your journey!

Hi everyone,

So far so good. My weight loss has slowed down but I've been going to the gym so that happens when you first start out. Plus, some hormone issues so that affects things too. I'm down to 196.6 and I feel really food at 3 1/2 months out. I wish I was losing faster but after being down 32.4, I'm not complaining. I work out about 4 days per week and really try to maintain a more active lifestyle. I get compliments all the time which makes me feel great. I find that I can eat about 1,400 cals on the days I work out and burn about 550 at the gym so I'm happy. I'll be doing my blood work in about a week so I'll check back in after that! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer! :)

Hi, I type in Philadelphia and I came across you it has been inspirational reading you journey. I'm get my sleeve on 7/3/14 and every day that passes I get more and more nervous I'm a wreck and it's eking me that I'm second guessing myself. I really need words of encouragement right now.

Edited by Missviscious

I am 4 weeks out tomorrow,. I am down 45lbs, 27 before the surgery and 18 after. This is the best decision i have ever made, i was a little nervous the last week before the surgery that is normal. Hang in there and good luck.

I don't take surgery lightly. I have a disabled husband and three daughters (14,12 & 10). At the rate I was going, I was on the path to a heart attack and other ailments which really could have limited my life. Now, I find that I'm starting to get a passion for clothes shopping again, I'm smiling more and the best of it is I feel amazing! This was the BEST thing I ever did for myself! I LOVE my sleeve! Where are you having your surgery?

Thanks yall for the reply, I'm having it at Einstein Bariatrics. First let me say that I truly believe that this surgery will give me back my peace I'm 315 pounds and what's crazy I would have never said or wrote that for anyone to see, but now that I know I have a chance to make that number decrease it's been much easier to admit where I let myself get to. This is the biggest I've ever been and I'm just unhappy with my appearance and my attitude reflects it. I have made so many positive changes in my life and I want my body to be able to keep up with my busy life. Another reason is I got married a little over a year ago, and I feel so unattractive and my sex drive is none, I know my husband loves me but because I'm not loving myself right now it's really hard to love him the way he deserves to be loved and my children I want to be able to keep up with them. As you can see I know every reason why I made this decision, but as everyday that creeps by I'm getting more and more nervous that's why I reached out but like I said reading your journey has been an inspiration. I'm day 7 on my pre-op diet this time next week will be my surgery day.

Edited by Missviscious