Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New; not so new

Hi I'm Yvette from Chicago I'm a single mom of a 9yr old and a 2 yr old. I had the Lapband in 2007 and had nothing but problems with it finally got it removed in 2013. My surgeon suggested I get gastric bypass, I couldn't agree more. I started the 6 month weight management program that I need to complete for insurance purposes Nov. 2013. I see my surgeon Feb. 25, 2014. So many emotions, thoughts and even things to do before the surgery!

I wish you the best Yvette!!!

Good luck Yvette! Lots of support from everyone here on this site so don't hesitate to ask questions, get advice or just vent if you need to.

Omg do I need it!!!! Like most people in sure, I've got so many what ifs in my head along with what am I going to do situations! Like what am I going to do with my 2 yr old when he wants me to carry him, play with him and all the other stuff that comes along with the terrible 2s! He doesn't know what's going on. Insurance? Should I tell people like family, friends and even strangers? And what supplements or what brands should I get? Correct work outs? Recipes.....etc!!!!

Omg do I need it!!!! Like most people in sure, I've got so many what ifs in my head along with what am I going to do situations! Like what am I going to do with my 2 yr old when he wants me to carry him, play with him and all the other stuff that comes along with the terrible 2s! He doesn't know what's going on. Insurance? Should I tell people like family, friends and even strangers? And what supplements or what brands should I get? Correct work outs? Recipes.....etc!!!!

Hello and welcome! I am new myself. I'm from N.Y.,but I can relate because I too have a 2year old. (Girl) I'm also uncertain if I should tell people. Once at my mother's home a commercial for bariatric surgery came on and I jokingly said this is what I should do!

She went on about the risks, and why don't I try watching what I eat. (I've only tried it a million times!) I know she means well...but yeah! I'm also looking into supplements and brands as well, so ill be keeping an eye on this thread. Welcome again! Best!

Hi, Sophia......., I'm decided that I am going tell ppl when and if they ask me. Mainly because there is nothing to be ashamed of. I know I have a problem and I'm forced to look into and deal with it! Honestly having surgery is only going to prolong my life. I know people including family are going to talk s**t, and I don't care. I'm doing it for my kids and I.

Edited by yvimac1

I saw my surgeon today he said that because I've already had the Lapband and now I'm getting gastric bypass it's a revision. The surgery is going to be of a higher risk, longer and I'm going to be staying in the hospital for a longer period of time. I'm still planning on going through with the surgery. I turned in my documentation from my primary, cleared by the NUT, psych eval and 2/3 NUT classes. Dr. said they were going to submit the claim with my insurance. I haven't finished the 6 months supervised diet can I still get approved? So I guess it a waiting game now!!!!!

I have the lap band and am getting gastric bypass. They said that the lap band removal was denied because of the insurance coding. Something about having 2 procedures at once. It's been almost a month since it was appealed. I'm hoping this week I get an approval.

Why are you getting the band removed. I got it removed because it never actually worked I had a lot of problems the whole time. A true nightmare!!!!!

I've had nothing but problems with it as well.... Regret getting it in the first place and wish I would have opted for gastric bypass the first time around.

I regret it too! Could you believe it never actually got it filled! They went in my stomach for something Lapband related no lie about 7 times. I lost 70lbs once only because I spent 3 hours a day at the gym! When did u get it put in and how long ago have u had it in

I had it done in July 2011 and lost 60 pounds working my ass off and eating healthy. As long as I'm losing and seeing results I was good but then I just stopped. I have fibromyalgia also so I'm trying to work out through pain and then I hurt my back at work and couldn't work out at all. Slowly weight starting coming back and I got sick of constantly regurging all my food. I had the saline taken out and the weight came right back. It's super frustrating so I feel for you. Just ready to get my surgery and start new chapter! Ya know.....