Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hit a plateau need some help!

Hi everyone!

I had my sleeve September 6, 2013 and have lost almost 50 pounds since then. My start weight was 252 and now I am at 203. I am very happy with the loss so far even though it's been super slow but for about four weeks now nothing has changed. I work out 3-4 times a week and once a week I work with a trainer who really kicks my butt!! I eat about 650-750 calories a day mostly Protein because I still have an irrational fear of losing my hair.

What I want to know is if there are any of you out there who have hit a plateau and what you did to get out of it? Any advice will help, thank you!

I my my opinion, your taking too few calories in since u r 5 months out and u r exercising on top of that. I am 9 weeks out and I get weak when I push myself hard with cardio for 30 minutes, and taking in 800 calories and about 70 grams of Protein, try to increase your calorie intake and see what it does. What type of exercising do u do. Make sure u r breaking out into a sweat. I had a stall several weeks ago..and since I do 30 minutes of medium strenuous cardio, the scale dropped 3 pounds the next week and I continued to lose. shake things up .. To find what alternatives r best for u.

I my my opinion, your taking too few calories in since u r 5 months out and u r exercising on top of that. I am 9 weeks out and I get weak when I push myself hard with cardio for 30 minutes, and taking in 800 calories and about 70 grams of Protein, try to increase your calorie intake and see what it does. What type of exercising do u do. Make sure u r breaking out into a sweat. I had a stall several weeks ago..and since I do 30 minutes of medium strenuous cardio, the scale dropped 3 pounds the next week and I continued to lose. shake things up .. To find what alternatives r best for u.

thank you for your reply. I will try and up my calories and see if that helps. Last week I went to the gym four times for over an hour and lost four pounds but gained a pound and a half of it this week. :( I spend three days doing 45 minutes of elliptical. and then 1 day a week I do cycling and training with a trainer at the gym

Stalls and plateaus are to be expected for almost everyone. I've had stalls that went for 3 months. One thing I tried that worked was to start daily D3+Calcium. I've done 3 trials of the combination to see if there was a valid impact.

It took around 2 weeks before anything much happened during the first trial. After those two weeks, my weight began to drop over 4-6 weeks. I lost around 8-10 lbs, then quit the supplements. After another stall of around a month or two, I started the D3+Calcium regimen again. Again it took 2 weeks before anything happened, then over the next four weeks I lost 8-10 lbs again. I thought I was on to something, so after a long plateau with no loss, I tried the same process again. The third time didn't have the same results, perhaps because my body had adapted.