Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 Post Op - Feeling weak. Normal?

I'm day 5 post op. I'm feeling weak and anxious. Is this normal? Will it pass? I'm on Clear Liquids only. Just feeling sooooo weak and body shakes. I had a three hour drive home from the hospital yesterday. What can I do to stop the shakes and anxious anxiety feelings.?

I'm at day 5 also and feel the same. It's part of the healing process. I just had sugar free lemon sherbet and it was the best. I strain chicken noodle Soup to get the better tasting broth and it seems to help. The first week we just want to concentrate on not getting dehydrated

It’s a combination of the meds and lack of calories. It is normal. I was very weak the first two weeks, week one being what I called "hell week". However, it does get better and it will pass. No matter how uncomfortable it feels, you need to work on getting that liquid into your system. Sip on the broth, get those sugar free popsicles (in my experience, those were a lot easier to get down), have someone make you sugar free Jell-O. GET THOSE CALORIES and liquid IN! The first couple of weeks are hard; you begin to doubt your decision, but IT WILL PASS! I promise!!!! Good things are coming. You WILL feel like yourself again. Give it time. Work hard in getting in what you can. You can do this, girl!

Very normal and you will continue to be tired for a few weeks. Make sure you are not getting dehydrated. Strain the chicken noodle Soup. It taste so much better than just broth. Try popsicles also. Make sure you are taking your regular medicines along with what your doctor prescribed and REST. I can not tell you how much REST you are going to need to heal. It will get better. "This too shall pass". Hang in there!

Drink what clear liquids you can (not easy). Also, IF you were on any HBP meds, and are still taking them, check your blood pressure. It may have dropped a lot.

Around my POD # 8 or so, I felt soooo weak/lethargic. I checked my BP and it was 110/54. It hadn't been that low in 15 years. I actually had to suck on some potato chips to get it up a bit higher [note: NOT advised for weight loss. It was a one-time thing I did for myself re: my BP.]

It gets better, but trying to hydrate is a key thing, even though it's tough to do at first.

The shakiness could also be low blood sugar due to low calories. It will get better! I promise! :) Something with carbs like a bit of yogurt or cottage cheese will help, once you are able to eat it. I also experienced low blood pressure, and my doc. dropped my BP meds 2 weeks after surgery.

Edited by Teachamy

I proud to say my docs were giving me serious kuddos yesterday before my hospital discharge for the amount of liquids I was drinking. Today my urine is very light in color so I'm thinking I'm doing good with hydration. Thanks for all the posts.. The more of these I read and get advice from others the better I feel.

Anybody experience back pain? I'm post op day 5

Anybody experience back pain? I'm post op day 5

I did experience the back pain, and it kind of surged into my left shoulder. When I called in, they attributed it to left over air/gas from surgery. I would sit on my recliner with the heating pad on my back and shoulder. It helped tons.

ThAnk you!

I did experience the back pain, and it kind of surged into my left shoulder. When I called in, they attributed it to left over air/gas from surgery. I would sit on my recliner with the heating pad on my back and shoulder. It helped tons.

I had horrible upper back spasms and right shoulder knots and pain. My doc told me when they work into the sternum during surgery it causes referred back pain for days and its a nerve issue coming from the sternum. Hang in there.. Mine got much better days later after being home and my sister gave me a nice back rub with icy hot. That really got it feeling much much better. Maybe someone can do that for u at home. Good luck.. It will get better.

Today will be 5 days since I had surgery and I feel weak and tired can't really sleep and yesterday I had diarrhea everything I drunk came out , I go back to the doctor tomorrow but my stomach hurts .

I am 18 days out and feel tired and weak. I have nausea every time I eat. I have to take Dramamine doe it. When I get the shakes I have a little juice to stabilize blood sugar. I am not a diabetic.

Have you tried zofran for the nausea? It dissolves on your tougne, works for me. They gave it to me on the hospital

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app