Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like throwing in the towel...

So it has been a crazy ride for the past 9 months (I started my journey in June of 2013). When I started all of this I knew that my primary insurance did not cover surgery but my secondary did (and I advised the doctors office when starting of this fact). Well, here it is 9 months later and I am STILL getting the run around from my doctors office. The woman who submits the paperwork submitted it to my primary and not my secondary. When I asked her about it she played the dumb card and said she didn't know (she did since everytime I spoke with her I advised her of such and before she submitted to insurance).

Fastforward to today and I am ready to just give up and not have surgery. I am tired of the runaround I am getting and am just about to forget about it.

UGH!!!

I know how you feel but please if this is what you really want to give up. I have been at this since April so I know how frustrating this can be. You need to talk to her and let her know how serious you are about this surgery. If you have already done this then you need to go above her head and get this whole situation figured out. I would even go as far too tell them you'll take your business to another doctors office if this doesn't quit happening. Sorry you're going through this. I wish you luck.

Sorry for the double post goofy phone

Don't give up. Stay on top of it, call to speak to her supervisor or the dr.

What makes the whole situation so much worse is she's supposed to be the one person in the practice who submits to insurance but yet she has no people skills. Everyone that I have spoken with who had dealt with her never have anything positive to say.

I wanted to stay with this practice due to the doctor being very good and it being a center of excellence. But I only have my secondary insurance until June and I need to make sure it's done before then. I'm just so frustrated

Please don't throw in the bucket :) I was looking at your nick and realised we are of the same age. We had really a lot of years to go enjoy and the delay pales in comparison to the abundant life you are able to enjoy in greater detail.

I will pray for you to have a good person who will complete your paper work successfully.

Do keep us updated!

Do not give up! Keep at them!

Edited by trever

Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts. I contacted the doctors office yesterday and they have all the paperwork and I was submitted to my secondary insurance yesterday. Hopefully it's a quick turn around and I can get this done. I'm just tired of the hurry up and wait.

I know exactly what you mean now I'm waiting for a date but they have not given me a date yet they called me today and I got excited but it wasnt good news they called to tell me mt bloodwork showed some issues 1.high cholesterol 2.low ferritin 3.low Vitamin D 4. H.pyloris. So what else! i feel like this is never gonna happen n Im feeling down. I look at my self n just think this is one thing that would make me smile at all times n it is not happening no time soon.

Just wanted to update everyone. I called my insurance company and they said I will have a decision in the next 48 hours. The said if I don't hear from them Friday to call them back and they will let me know. Yay. Closer to the new me