Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to Group- Sleeved 2/4/14

Hello all I am new and just reaching out to say hello. I was sleeved 6 days ago. So far I am doing fairly well. Weakness is my only issue right now. Maybe I hit the ground running a little too hard (walked 2 miles yesterday and 1.7 the day before). After the walk yesterday I slept for 12 hours and woke up still feeling weak. No problem getting minimum fuilds in (still on clear liquids). Weight loss so far 21lbs (Start 354, current 333).

Wow. I sure could not have done that. I would say you should still be resting a bit and starting off a little slower. A lot of people get low blood pressure and get dizzy following surgery, and not to be a negative ninny here, you might want to slow down a little. Like I keep reading here, we don't put the weight on overnight, so we will lose slowly. My husband has had the low BP/dizziness. Best of luck, proud for you!!!!

Hi Michael! I was sleeved on 2/4 also and have lost 24 lbs (including preop weight loss). I started walking on Saturday and am doing 1 mile in the morning and 1 mile on the evening. I felt light-headed for the first time yesterday afternoon. Not sure why. I am taking blood pressure meds so if it continues I will get in to see my doc. I'm ready to be off my meds! Congrats on your progress!

Linda, you are not being negative:) My wife is telling me the same thing. As the morning progresses I am feeling a little more energetic and focused. Going to slow down on the walking a little. Stephanie, congrats!!!! keep going!!!! I was taken off my blood pressure meds before I left the hospital. I cannot immagine what I would feel like if I were still on them. I have been off pain meds since 2/8.

LOL, Thanks Michael. It feels good to be rarin' to go on this weight loss. My husband is proof that you will lose without walking since he can barely walk due to back and leg problems. He has gone from 320 to 269 since Sept. 13, and his sleeve was 12/2. You are younger and we only wish we could have had this surgery 10 years ago when we could have exercised. This site and the friends here will give you lots of guidance in your new life!

I had my surgery on 2/5/14 and I barely have enough energy to walk to the kitchen and bathroom. I also still in pain from my surgery wounds. I have to go to drug store soon and I am dreading it.

I was the same way! I barely was able to walk around my living room! I did though 10 mins every hour....even in the middle of the night! Jumping out of my sleep to walk.......who would have thought!!! LOL!

Hello all I am new and just reaching out to say hello. I was sleeved 6 days ago. So far I am doing fairly well. Weakness is my only issue right now. Maybe I hit the ground running a little too hard (walked 2 miles yesterday and 1.7 the day before). After the walk yesterday I slept for 12 hours and woke up still feeling weak. No problem getting minimum fuilds in (still on clear liquids). Weight loss so far 21lbs (Start 354, current 333).

Wow! 2miles....great job! Please be careful though, take it easy. Welcome to the sleevers club! :)

Try and relax b4 you have to go back to work... that is what I am doing. I am adding you as a friend b/c I too had my sleeve same day. I want to compare notes/progress/comments/concerns etc. Joann

Joan, thanks! As for relaxing, lol I am working remotely this week. Definately lets compare notes/progress/comments/concerns etc.

Hello I had surgery on 2/4/14. this is my first post. so happy hear from others at a similar starting point.

i am walking slowly, still have pain and some nausea. I had some complications with high glucose level out od the surgery. They are starting to resolve.

I was very stubborn about this surgery, but after a year and a half of bad bad back pain, I listened to my doctors and got all ready for this surgery. I am happy to find a forum with support.

Thanks for starting this thread. I was also sleeved on 2/4/2014. I was hoping to find a thread (group) of folks in the same stages as myself.

For the most part, I feel great. I returned to work yesterday (but I am taking it easier than usual). I found I felt weak in the morning and was having dizzy spells. My doctor has me on Clear liquids for 2 weeks, then full liquids for one week... I called my Dr. office and asked if I could start Protein shakes as I was lightheaded and needed more substance for work. The nutritionist said as long as I could get my 64 ounces in it was fine. Yesterday was the first day I reached 70 grams of Protein and had about 70 ounces of fluids... I feel GREAT today! I really think it helped. I want to go to the gym and do the elyptical for 30 minutes, but I am trying to force myself to wait until I've had at least 2 weeks to heal.

Right now, I can't wait to just eat creamed Soups, something that feels like I'm eating. But mostly, I only think about it when I'm around others eating (feeding my family).

It seems like a full time job, just trying to get the protein and Fluid requirement right now.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and sharing this journey with you.

So far after 2 weeks of pre op diet and 1 week post op, I'm down about 10 pounds... I know it will be slower for me. I have a lower bmi and have been dieting and working out for years and just can't get under 200... so I hope this will be the tool I've needed.

When I woke, I must have woke to a bad gas pain or something, because I was in excrutiating pain waking up from surgery and very nauseated, but it passed quickly, and for the most part I would have described my pain as a 2 in the hospital. It wasn't that bad, despite the extreme initial pain waking... not sure what that was about. But even when I was in it, my first thought besides "wholly cr*P", was , wow, I really did it, no more stressing out about whether I should or not, or paying for nutritionists and personal trainers and never seeing results... no turning back, this might really be the last fight and I'm gonna see the finish line this time AND stay there! It was PURE RELIEF.

I'm hoping it will also correct metabolic issues I have with PCOS (I know gastric bypass is a better choice for that, but the malnutrition part scares me). So... here's to an awesome year for all of us. My Dr. took me off the metformin I was taking before surgery, So that is exciting to think from the starting gate I don't need that medication for my insulin issues...hoping it stays that way!

You have got this Tam! You will do great! Best of luck!

Hi Tam, Welcome! I am right there with you. I am still on Clear Liquids and cannot wait for full liquids. Hopefully this Thursday! Feeling a little weak and dizzy but I know it will get better once I can have some calories. I am working this week too but luckily I can do this remotely.

Thanks! It made a HUGE difference for me taking in a couple Protein shakes yesterday. I would advise you to call your doc/nut and ask if you can have clearance to do so. I am also working from home (mostly). My mind is sharper and I just feel so much better. I am all about following my Dr.'s orders. I'm sticking to the plan to the T.

It was explained to me that the reason they do that is because the first priority above all else is staying hydrated. Only once we are able to get enough fluids in to keep hydrated can we move up to adding Protein Shakes and full liquids that are thicker and slower to go down. So IF I monitor and made sure that I am getting 64 oz of fluids (including the Protein drink) she said it was very appropriate since I am working and functioning in terms of family duties.

I see my Dr. this Friday and will wait to get permission to include Soups etc... for now, just the addition of Protein Shakes has made a huge difference in the lightheadedness. I would encourage you to just call if you are struggling with it...assuming you have been able to get your fluids in as recommended.

Excited to have this little support group. Each day is better than the one before (well since last Thursday that is true for me)...so I'm focusing on that little tidbit of this journey :)

I see you are in San Antonio... I'm in Austin and work in San Antonio as well. Who knows, maybe at some point we can meet up over a healthy salad :)

Good luck!