Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now I need some sushi! Ggggrrrr

My last meal was a messy Five Guys burger (with eeeerthang!)

Yummy! Did ya have fries with that burger??

I never felt that I wouldn't be able to eat certain things again, after surgery. I knew up front that the only thing I wouldn't be able to do, is stuff myself. If I'd given myself the "last supper", it would have been all about stuffing, not necessarily the food I chose to eat. I'd already stuffed myself with everything I could ever want. That's how I ended up on the bariatric operating table :P

now i am thinking about those cheesy fries :P . it's not i wouldnt eat them but it would be a waste of money to eat 1 fry. should of had it when i had the chance.

My personal opinion - Eat up! The week before my pre-surgery diet I ate everything that I wanted - all my favorite foods! After you have surgery there is so much that you can't do (you get used to it - you really do) but there will be no eating like you did before! Take advantage and savor every morsel! Because you are going to be taking in a lot of Protein shakes and liquids then to mushy food for awhile! Eat a piece of hot bread for me!!! Lol

Good luck :)

Thanks everybody for sharing your last glutton fest experience!

Yesterday my wife cooked up some chicken tikka masala with some rice and gave me a huge bowl so I decided to test my eating method, so I got out the tiniest tea spoon and set the timer on my phone for one minute. So the idea was 1 spoonfull every minute.... half way through I was stuffed but like a good old future formerly fat bastard I carried on and polished off the entire bowl, the achievement is its the first time since we got together that I never went for seconds.

Tonight is burger night, you see the problem is I own a gourmet burger store (next to the day job) and tonight will be the last big 10 oz juicy burger I will ever be able to finish in one sitting!

a lot of ppl banded find hamburger one Protein they can eat. enjoy your gourmet hamburger you will just be eating less. i wish i had someone to cook for me. i have to eat my hamburgers pretty rare now so i make sure i get really good hamburger meat.

Here in Italy they do not ask people who are going to have lap band surgery to go on a pre-op diet.

But I knew it would be too hard passing from the huge amount of foot I was used to swallowing to the tiny quantities allowed by the band.

So, a month before surgery I was for three weeks in a hospital where I followed a program of rehabilitation from obesity, which consisted in healthy food, exercise, group meetings with a nutritionist and a psychologist.

It was very helpful.

I'm grateful for that experience because it contributed to change my attitude to food.< /p>

Anyway, I don't mean my old self never comes back..

Change is very slow and might take years.

My last meal was all the snacky junk food in my house...chips, icecream, twizzlers, soda, etc...I even probably ate my kids fruit Snacks.

Truly a glutton fest!

I'm so glad that desire is gone. I never thought about never eating certain foods again...I thought you just had to eat less. Now I stay away from all bread and Pasta...knowing what I know now I might have made a different last meal choice.

Here in Italy they do not ask people who are going to have lap band surgery to go on a pre-op diet.

But I knew it would be too hard passing from the huge amount of foot I was used to swallowing to the tiny quantities allowed by the band.

So, a month before surgery I was for three weeks in a hospital where I followed a program of rehabilitation from obesity, which consisted in healthy food, exercise, group meetings with a nutritionist and a psychologist.

It was very helpful.

I'm grateful for that experience because it contributed to change my attitude to food.< /p>

Anyway, I don't mean my old self never comes back..

Change is very slow and might take years.

Rossetag - I love the idea of the three week "pre-band" rehab program. I've never heard of it being done, but it makes good sense.

Edited by mrsto

After reading on here that rice can be tough after being banded, my last hurrah meal was going out for sushi ( and lots of it lol ) !

I've only had one fill and not a lot of restriction so far. I looove sushi and didn't even think about the fact that it might cause problems until after I had the band. So far, rice doesn't bother me. I ate some sushi last week and chewed it very well. I did Ok. It was grocery store sushi so on the last few pieces, I removed the outer ring of rice and just ate the inside. Still delicious.

I'm right there with you -- not a lot of restriction despite one fill. I've been avoiding rice as well. I only ate it once in a blue moon, but when I wanted fried rice, I wanted it. Now I stick to chicken and broccoli at Chinese restaurants and no rice.

I too had a last hurrah -- Steak 'n shake patty melt w/ cheese fries!

Before I was on the pre-op diet I thought I'd do a 'Foodie Favorites World Tour' - my nut didn't like that idea. She said I was reinforcing the deprivation feelings. I just wanted to eat my favorites one last time w/o much guilt! I had a few favorites and those that I 'missed out on' during my pseudo farewell tour, I've been able to have in small portions after surgery.

I'm actually glad it happened this way because I'm now allowing myself to have a little of what I thought I CRAVED back then and I'm figuring out it wasn't all that great after all.

To the chicken salad lunch person -- I hear ya, I'm a Monday-Friday tuna w/ light mayo girl. Easy and yummy!

I've tried rice three times since being banded and all three times I got stuck and vomited. I've tried eating slow, chewing until the cows came home and even tried mixing in some sauce. Each time...stuck. It is one of the few foods I absolutely avoid because it isn't worth it.

Me too! I stay far away from rice it always gets stuck! Also any type of bread, I can do small bites of tortilla sometimes. I do fine with chips. But cake, breads, donuts... Any fluffy bread will get stuck! I'm glad for this since it's all bad news!

To the poster: good for you! Eat up! I actually quit eating red meat and chicken since I had too many issues with it, so enjoy you a juicy cheeseburger! And a beer;)

Edited by Loneil