Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before surgery, I could go a week without washing my hair (I have VERY thick hair), but now after surgery I can only go about 2 days before my hair is so greasy it's gross. Did this happen to anyone else? Anyone know what causes this? I'm assuming lack of nutrients.

I am the opposite. Go figure!

Yes!! I could go three or four days and it would be fine. Now it's nasty after 36 hours!!!

Yes mine also it looks so bad as if I put oil lol ewww before I could go 4 days. Kind of a bummer lol.

yes I noticed it too, my hair is very thick and lots of it no chance of going bald even if I got 30% Hair loss but that didn't happen but the hair did thin and after the 2nd day after hair washing. it looks like I haven't bathed but I just wash it every other day, I got to look and feel clean

Well I haven't had the surgery and I have dry hair and dry skin.....it would be nice to have some oil I hope that I don't get so over dry that I have to go to er for IV fluids...my copay is $500 if I go

Make sure you're getting at least 60 oz. of Protein a day. If not, lack of Protein can cause hair loss, so it might have something to do with making your hair greasy.

I get 80+ grams of Protein a day so I hope I don't need more. But I've noticed other changes too. My face is clearing up and skin tone is evening out so that is a good thing. My breath is awful. :( I've had a constant TOM for 2 weeks now. Sorry if tmi. But I guess I didn't realize all of the changes my body is going through 7 1/2 weeks out.

I get 80+ grams of Protein a day so I hope I don't need more. But I've noticed other changes too. My face is clearing up and skin tone is evening out so that is a good thing. My breath is awful. :( I've had a constant TOM for 2 weeks now. Sorry if tmi. But I guess I didn't realize all of the changes my body is going through 7 1/2 weeks out.

My face is also clearing up and skin tone is evening. I'm 7 weeks out also. I have been getting 60 grams except a few days. Where protein nauseates me. I've been trying though.