Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got on the scale today and I am up 4 pounds from last week!!! CRAP!!!! Is this normal, does this happen, how can I not freak out about this?? ???? My brain is going crazy with a million thoughts. Did I stretch my pouch, can I eat more than I should, is this my fault from eating something a little too calorie high? Did I not exercise enough? I feel like I want to cry :(

Only you can answer those questions about overeating and not exercising. But you would have had to overeat 3500x4= 14,000 extra calories to actually gain that 4 pounds.... And you KNOW you didn't do that. Surely you know that women, in particular, fluctuate with Water retention throughout the month, week, and even day. I bet if you hop on the scale tomorrow, your weight will be lower. I, personally, can't handle daily scale readings.... They put me in a funk. So, after torturing myself for 53 years, I gave up daily and weekly scale readings.... Now, I weigh only once a month...... Every single month for the past eight months, I have lost weight..... No more up 4, down 2, up 1, up 0.3, down 1.2...... I just have an overall downward trend of weight loss..... I am soooo much happier now. I'm not advocating this for anyone else.... This is what works for ME.... No more daily freak outs for ME!

Thanks! I weigh weekly because daily is too much! At least I am still at a weight I have mot been at in years, so thats still something!!

Is it that time of the month?? My weight can go up as much as 6 lbs. right before my period.

Only you can answer those questions about overeating and not exercising. But you would have had to overeat 3500x4= 14,000 extra calories to actually gain that 4 pounds.... And you KNOW you didn't do that. Surely you know that women, in particular, fluctuate with Water retention throughout the month, week, and even day. I bet if you hop on the scale tomorrow, your weight will be lower. I, personally, can't handle daily scale readings.... They put me in a funk. So, after torturing myself for 53 years, I gave up daily and weekly scale readings.... Now, I weigh only once a month...... Every single month for the past eight months, I have lost weight..... No more up 4, down 2, up 1, up 0.3, down 1.2...... I just have an overall downward trend of weight loss..... I am soooo much happier now. I'm not advocating this for anyone else.... This is what works for ME.... No more daily freak outs for ME!

I'm with you on the scale thing. No more daily or weekly weighing, so I don't let those "normal" fluctuations bum me out. I've lost consistently since surgery, and only two times did I see a pound or two come back. Each time I knew exactly why, and dropped the add ons along with another pound or two within that same week. Letting go of the scale obsession is liberating!

My first thought is.....are you tracking your daily calories? If not, maybe it would be a good idea right now, so you're aware of what you're taking in. It adds up quickly. That, and all mentioned above.....time of month, etc. And STOP weighing all the time! :D You will make yourself absolutely nuts! Just do what you know you're supposed to do, and don't let the scale dictate how your day goes.