Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello!

I will be heading to TJ, Mexico April 6th @ Hospital MI to get sleeved...will anyone else be there around that date?

I am flying out that day also!!! surgery is the 7th at mi doctor with Dr Cabrera

Awesome, I will be arriving San Diego late the 6th, ready to be picked up for surgery next day with Dr. Lopez.

I am flying in wIth my son from the Cayman Islands.

I am sure we will see each other walking the halls.

Are you nervous? Have you started preparing yet?

OMG this is awesome- glad that I found others getting sleeved at Hospital MI around the same date. My date is set for April 8th- put the deposit down this morning and buying plane tickets tonight!

EDIT: ellj77- I'm actually getting surgery with Dr. Lopez too. I decided to start preparing myself mentally so it's not too overwhelming. I ordered supplements online and stocked up on soups/ jello/ SF drink mixes, etc I already have Protein mix, but I might get sample packets online for variety. Also, I decided to start replacing one meal a day with a Protein shake... maybe next week I'll practice not drinking with meals because I know that will be tough.

Sorry for the rambles- I'm just so scared and excited! What have you guys started?

Edited by vsg_joanna

Hi all! I'm getting sleeved by Dr. Ariel Ortiz on April 7th in TJ. I fly in to SD on the 6th. It would be great to meet up with you all!

Hi!

We will soon be on out way! 4 weeks!

I have started to prepare also, my biggest worry is the long flight back to Cayman after, but apart from that I'm not worried.

So I would have my procedure the day before you and will probably see you walking the halls.

Are you brining anyone with you? Are you nervous?

I am just excited to get my new way of life moving forward.

Maybe we can email for support etc.

My email is ellj77@candw.ky

Can't wait to see all of you! We could meet up and sip our delicious broth together... lol. I'm bringing my boyfriend with me, well soon to be husband... sounds so weird to say even though we've been together for almost 6 years!!!

Not going to lie ellj... I had to look up Cayman on google maps... I feel like a typical American... lol please forgive me!

Yum broth! ugh..wish it was wine.

I am brining my son as my Hubby has to stay home with our two girls; my son is 18 so he can take care of poor ol mum.

Cayman is an hour’s flight away from Miami, I visit Florida at least 5 times a year, I love the shopping :-) I am not from Cayman originally I grew up here, I was born in the UK, I have lived in Cayman for 20 years now, I came here when I was 15…ohhhh now you know how old I am ! teehee

So today I started lean Protein shakes (from GNC), only one for the morning instead of Breakfast and next week I will start Breakfast and lunch with a good dinner (I am flippin starving already!) I am NOT looking forward to 3 days of broth!

I am going to give up my red wine end of next week….yikes!

So I have to fly from Cayman to Huston and Huston to San Diego, I arrive in San Diego April 6th @ 11pm….so I have to stay in San Diego that night and will get picked up early in the morning for surgery…I will be exhausted! I do worry about the long trip back to Cayman, but I think I will just have to make sure to get up and walk around.

To be honest that’s my biggest concern, surgery etc doesn’t even worry me.

What are you ladies worried about so far? how far do you have to travel? When will you start changing your diet?

Vsg_joanna

We have the same date. What time your flight come in? I come in around 11.

My flight comes in at 1:41pm on Monday, 4/7. It was actually not easy finding flights with the correct departure/ arrival times <_<

I was concerned about the surgery, and what to pack. I have had a lot of thing running thru my mind. I was getting cold feet yesterday.

Well, for me, today is day two of no smoking. So far, so good. Next week I am going to start having a Protein shake for Breakfast and one for lunch with a low cal, high Protein dinner.

I have started my Vitamin regimen, which also wasn't that big of a challenge, since I am already a daily Vitamin taker.

Honestly, I am just so ready to do this. The thing that I am most worried about at the moment is my posterior fitting in the airline seat!

Oh yeah, I'm also a bit preoccupied with the Hair loss. I don't have that much to begin with.