Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month out, how many calories?

I am one month out. I just added baked and canned fish to my menu. My calorie intake has been anywhere from 500-900 calories. I'm not sure what is or is not normal at this point. What have others experienced at this point? I'm also starting to experience head hunger, that makes me super nervous. Any pointers in that?

I was told to stay under 650 at one month and not increase it until month 3 when I can go up to 800 per day.

I was told to forget about calories for the first 2 months, just to follow the eating rules:

• Count grams of Protein and ounces of liquid.
  • Make sure to get 60-80 grams of Protein a day.
  • Drink 60+ ounces of Fluid (preferably more).
  • No drinking for 30 minutes before or after a meal.
  • At every meal: Eat protein first, then veggies, then if there is any room left, eat fruit, then carbs (but probably will only have room for protein).
  • Take Vitamins every day.
  • Exercise every day.
  • No junk. Nothing with more than 5 grams of sugars.

I track on FitnessPal and I do notice that following these rules gives me 550-700 calories a day, but I primarily track protein and Fluid.< /p>

Didn't your doctor give you a book of the good/the bad/the ugly? I got a nice binder full of hints and how to's...but I don't track calories either... Protein, Protein, protein is the key!

Good luck

I do get a binder with the guideline, but calories weren't mentioned. I was just curious as to what others were getting. I do use Fitness Pal. That's why I was wondering about the calories.

Contact your dietician because I am still at 500 and full liqiuds.

I am one month out too. Getting right about 500 a day.

<p>Contact your dietician because I am still at 500 and full liqiuds.</p>

. Why are you still on full liquids? Is that how your plan goes? When do you get to eat firmer food?

I am two months out and eat, on average, between 650-700 calories a day. I am exercising everyday so I am not "netting" that many calories. I have not eaten 900 calories yet.

I am 4 weeks out. My doctor asked me how I was doing eating and I told her between 500-600 calories. She said she wanted me to get in 800. That seems hard right now. Now that I am on soft foods it may be be a little easier to get there. I'm still only at 650 -700 max. I started working out two weeks ago, since I knew I was starting soft foods soon. I noticed with the weight coming off my arms and legs needed some definite toning! :o

<p>Contact your dietician because I am still at 500 and full liqiuds.</p>

. Why are you still on full liquids? Is that how your plan goes? When do you get to eat firmer food?

I still have a hard time getting Water down so full liquid is better for me, I was told not to rush it I'm a slow healer

At one month post op, my only worry was hydration and Protein goals.

Worrying about calories at that point is useless imo.

Focus on your liquid and Protein goals. The rest will follow.

I still have a hard time getting Water down so full liquid is better for me, I was told not to rush it I'm a slow healer

Try a calorie free sugar free beverage. I use propel zero packets...its sugar/calorie free. I can't tolerate water yet and I'm 4 months post op.