Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 Fitness Challeng

Everyone has great goals for this month.

MacMan, glad to see you're well enough to resume exercise.

Fiddle, congrats on your 50 unassisted pullups.

Globe, good luck with your "real pushups". I know for me that would be a big challenge. That will be a goal for me down the road.

So far I have 7 miles walking this month out of 50 miles and 0 miles riding my bike out of 75.

In addition to my 2 other gym memberships and my home gym......I just signed up at Planet Fitness and they have a 30 min circuit that combines Strength and Cardio....

My Goal is to do this circuit 3 times per week in addition to my running miles which is about 25 - 30 per week

In addition to my 2 other gym memberships and my home gym......I just signed up at Planet Fitness and they have a 30 min circuit that combines Strength and Cardio....

My Goal is to do this circuit 3 times per week in addition to my running miles which is about 25 - 30 per week

3 gym memberships and a home gym! You are dedicated.

Dedicated or have a lot of money. Why so many gym memberships? You a PFT?

1 close to work, 1 close to home, 1 because a buddy and I workout together. All in I think it it costs me around $100 per month in gym fees. That pales in comparison to what I use to spend in junk food so I am WAY ahead of the game. Plus I have no excuse not to hit the gym!!!!!

Scout, yep do what works, for me it is the little things, like having my gym clothes all ready and laid out for me to get right into! Rib - I can't even do 1 real push up at the moment so this will indeed be a challenge!

Thanks for starting the thread, Ribearty!

Here are my goals for February...It's a goofy month for me as I will spend 9 days traveling in San Francisco. No gym to work out in as we rented an apartment. I have explored the city on foot like never before and am loving it!!!!! My butt and legs are tired from all the hill climbing!

So here's my plan:

02/02 - 02/10 - 10,000 steps per day

02/01, 02/22-02/28 - 16 days at the gym 4 miles per day (64 miles) and 16 days lifting

My goals for February:

Gym 5 days a week

3 days with full body weight lifting and 30 minutes cardio.

2 days 60 minutes cardio.

30 minutes of 'bonus' walking during my lunch hour at work.

Running in the Ragnar Relay from Miami to Key West. 200+ miles with 12 runners. My share is 12.3 miles. First run of 5.9 miles is done.

Would LOVE to do this race next year with a WLS team!

Started on my February challenge yesterday: 10 hand stand push ups . These are against the wall. I have been doing box hand stand push-ups until now. I got 2 wall hspu, but decided to try an intermediate step of wearing a band upside down like a backpack under a pullup bar until I can support my 180# body weight better ( a lot has to do with strengthening my shoulders). So this next week I will try the banded hspu and see if I can string 10 reps together. Doing these hspus will also help my shoulder to overhead push press strength (my biggest lifting weakness).

I walked in the middle of a highway today across the Mississippi River and wasn't worried about getting hit by a car.

Today was the opening ceremony of the Stan Musial Bridge. It was open to the pubic today from noon to 4 before it opens to traffic tomorrow.

It was open to bicycles also but it snowed this morning and was wet. I didn't feel it was safe to ride my bike so I waked instead. It was a lot of fun.

It is a very strange feeling to walk on a highway especially when you are going in the opposite traffic flow.

A couple years back when they did work on a highway in the area, they opened it up to cyclists and pedestrian traffic. I participated in that also.

It is such a unique opportunity, you have to take advantage of them when they happen.

Made it to the gym four times this week, one less than goal due to being stuck inside for two days. I'll be doing a happy dance when the temperatures gets above freezing and all of this ice starts to melt!

Also bought a fitbit flex so I have a better idea of calories burned while exercising. My fitness pal seems to be a little generous.

Hi everyone, I'm still pre op, but I would like to be a part of this. I go to the gym now 5 days a week and I'm working on the c25k program.

My goal for February is

Continue to go to the gym for 4-5 days a week.

For a total of 18 days!

I'm 4 days in so far :/

Mary.

I am so sick of snow and cold also. We had it earlier this week and it's still around since it has not been warm enough to melt.

Hi everyone, I'm still pre op, but I would like to be a part of this. I go to the gym now 5 days a week and I'm working on the c25k program.

My goal for February is

Continue to go to the gym for 4-5 days a week.

For a total of 18 days!

I'm 4 days in so far :/

Takingaleap, everyone is welcome here. It's all about being more active. Good luck with your upcoming surgery also.