Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am nervous. About to go get a (stat) Doppler Venus because the back fo my knee hurts. (That is not a good sign).

If they do find a blood clot, it's gonna be a one way ticket back into that stupid hospital...

Grrr.

Why couldn't I be born a natural size 6???

:(

Metro!!!! Prayers it's not a DVT. Keep us posted. And GO TIGERS!

My hubby was also friday, and for right now, DITTO!

How you feeling?

@@PoohbearJohnson so far not bad fri sat sucked today its getting better don't want to eat really. Hard to sleep. Feeling tired

I am 4 days post op. Very weak, tired, and feel worse than the day before. The incisions are great just nausea and this flu like feeling. Anyone experience this?

I am nervous. About to go get a (stat) Doppler Venus because the back fo my knee hurts. (That is not a good sign). If they do find a blood clot, it's gonna be a one way ticket back into that stupid hospital... Grrr. Why couldn't I be born a natural size 6??? :(

Yikes, good luck Metro. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the notes guys!! My one way ticket into the hospital didn't pan out. Thank goodness. Test was negative. They think the pain is leftover from knee surgery last October. Although they DID say something very important today at the doctors....

DVTs are most likely to occur in the 2nd and third weeks. So as someone with a history of blood clots, I need to keep movin' this week!

I am 4 days post op. Very weak, tired, and feel worse than the day before. The incisions are great just nausea and this flu like feeling. Anyone experience this?

Nausea usually only happens for me when I get backed up. Make sure all of your systems are working if you know what I mean. That will make you feel tons better.

Honestly? Week one I wanted to die. By day six I was a lot better though. I hope you feel better soon... As bad as it is this week, it is ah-MAY-zing the next week. I seriously feel great and it's only day 13.

I sincerely hope you feel better soon!!!!!

- Beth

Hi KB, I was wondering about 300-400 calories because with 3 shakes I'm already up to 660 calories? Are you counting besides the shakes? I'm having trouble getting in my Protein without them

This is Kaiser's timeline:

post-162098-0-42516300-1396380520_thumb.jpg

I'm still not getting all my protein in which probably explains my low calories. I still eat 3 "meals" a day and make sure they have protein. Can't wait til my unflavored protein comes in the mail so I can start making my own shakes.

Thanks for the notes guys!! My one way ticket into the hospital didn't pan out. Thank goodness. Test was negative. They think the pain is leftover from knee surgery last October. Although they DID say something very important today at the doctors.... DVTs are most likely to occur in the 2nd and third weeks. So as someone with a history of blood clots, I need to keep movin' this week!

Good to hear!!

Had an appt this morning with my surgeon'a PA to check out my yucky incision. She said all looks good. Just so weird having a small hole in my stomach! Gotta keep it covered with gauze and antibiotic ointment for the next couple weeks though.

Im going off liquids this fri had surgery march 28. Can I have a Peanut Butter n jelly sandwich I kno my dr said fri I can start grits n ricotta cheese with soft tomatoes any other food recommended?

Im going off liquids this fri had surgery march 28. Can I have a Peanut Butter n jelly sandwich I kno my dr said fri I can start grits n ricotta cheese with soft tomatoes any other food recommended?

I wouldn't go peanut butter until you had trialled other foods. My NUT says no PB anyway. I love it though. I use PB2 in shakes.

PB2! I love it!

My doc explained it to me yesterday, and I finally understood why we have all these rules. In weeks 2 and 3 I was told that we need to give anything to the stomach that requires it to do basically no work. This way we can give it a break and allow it to recover. So hence the reason for super puréed, basically already broken down foods.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by MetroDetroitChic