Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month & 1 week post op

Just checking in! Hello everyone and I'm so excited to share that I'm down 30 pounds since my surgery! That's 70 pounds since my weight loss journey has started! I am finally on solid foods and though eating out is a challenge, nothing tastes better than fitting into my old jeans...some of them are even too big! Ok so I have a question..

I'm finding it difficult to see myself losing weight. I can feel it but when I look in the mirror I just don't see it which is rather odd. Anyone else have this problem? If so how did you cope and what did you do to see differently?

Totally ubderstand the feeling.of not accepting it yet...I have gotten there now, but it took a long time. I have lost 40 lbs in 10 weeks. I started eating frozen yogurt and the loss slowed a little-like yogurtland kind! Uh oh! ;) I did not see the loss until literally like a few days ago. It's not yet the loss I am looking for but considering its only been 2 1/2 months-I like the results. So today I put on a suit that had been sitting in my closet due to the way it clung to my thighs. Would have not fit me pre op, but now, almost 2 sizes down I was a size 20 suit, this one is an 18 and the pants are too big, like fabric hanging off. I wore it today and got like 5 compliments from the team. I was like wow-it is fully recognizeable now, its happening. Bummer is my bra size is down too, I am wearing a bra size down and on the lowest hooks!! I will have to start exercise soon since I feel flabbier. Not sure why..oh and I have to use a ton more lotion than I used to. Whats with the dry skin?? Maybe less omegas or fats in the diet? Finally adjusting in the bedroom. Sex is better now but for a little while was a bit uncomfortable with the incisions. My tummy still hurts sometimes. I get a stomach ache if I eat too much. I am learning, but when I am stressed I still try and eat but my pouch doesn't really let me over eat. Amazed by the new intensity of the flavor provided in tea. Once the sugar wears off, or gets flushed out, its like your palette totally changes. I have such a newfound love for tea. It's weird what happens when you stop eating like crap.

I know the feeling, I realized it when I went shopping for clothes and I was able to wear size 6 and I said to my husband do you believe it and He said to be I can see it. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches