Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long until you had an actual meal?

IM only 4 days out (liquids phase) and I'm just curious when some of you tried any "normal foods". Although I'm not hungry I am looking forward to having a grilled cheese! Lol can't wait till the 28th day so I can move to soft solids.

Edited by sunkissed

IM only 4 days out (liquids phase) and I'm just curious when some of you tried any "normal foods". Although I'm not hungry I am looking forward to having a grilled cheese! Lol can't wait till the 28th day so I can move to soft solids.

I has my sleeve surgery on January 17, and this liquid diet is hard, I keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end. I am not craving food but I just want to chew something of substance. I had 4 days of pre-op liquid food and I am scheduled to stay on liquids until January 31 then move to soft foods. This phase we are in is all about letting your sleeve heal. U will have ur cheese sandwich again soon.

My surgery was the 17th and I am liquids plus creamed Soup Tomato bisque and butternut squash, yogart and applesauce. I wont be on soft food until next week.I just see every addition of food as a new thing to look forward too. Not sayin my head isn't want more..

My surgery was January 22nd. I am on full liquids including cream cream Soups and cream of wheat or cream or rice. I am having some issues With skim milk being used instead of Water with my Protein Shakes. I have this gurgling at the base of my throat and also in my sleeve stomach. The same thing happens with the Greek Yogurt too. Sometimes it feels like the stomach is contracting. Has anyone else had this.? I think I am not tolerating the addition of dairy back into my diet. Any thoughts , ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

post-197040-0-03039600-1390930826_thumb.jpg

At 4 months or so I was able to eat a "meal," but remember that what we used to consider a meal is very different now!

Now a meal is a few ounces of Protein and a couple of bites of veg. I might steal a couple of bites of salad off someone's plate, too, and maybe one or two bites of roll if there is one (rarely). After that I'm done. Can't eat a bit more. If I eat too much or too fast I have to take a walk for 30 minutes or I am too uncomfortable.

I'm almost 2 months out and had my first real meal out yesterday. I ordered the kids meal grilled salmon and steamed broccoli from Woodranch @ The Grove. That small portion was way too much food. I had it for lunch and dinner and still didn't finish all of it.

This restriction is real and great! :)

My surgery was January 22nd. I am on full liquids including cream cream Soups and cream of wheat or cream or rice. I am having some issues With skim milk being used instead of Water with my Protein Shakes. I have this gurgling at the base of my throat and also in my sleeve stomach. The same thing happens with the Greek Yogurt too. Sometimes it feels like the stomach is contracting. Has anyone else had this.? I think I am not tolerating the addition of dairy back into my diet. Any thoughts , ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I think you can try unsweetened almond or coconut milk I don't like regular milk so I use alternates, hope this helps! :)

At 4 months or so I was able to eat a "meal," but remember that what we used to consider a meal is very different now! Now a meal is a few ounces of Protein and a couple of bites of veg. I might steal a couple of bites of salad off someone's plate, too, and maybe one or two bites of roll if there is one (rarely). After that I'm done. Can't eat a bit more. If I eat too much or too fast I have to take a walk for 30 minutes or I am too uncomfortable.

Geez! You are a trooper, I am being very careful on my portions and so far liquids are easy, I know that the portions will decrease drastically, in definitely looking forward to an actual chewable meal lol

I'm almost 2 months out and had my first real meal out yesterday. I ordered the kids meal grilled salmon and steamed broccoli from Woodranch @ The Grove. That small portion was way too much food. I had it for lunch and dinner and still didn't finish all of it. This restriction is real and great! :)

I am aware and happy of the new restrictions, I am Just looking forward to not having to drink Protein Shakes, I really dislike them (all flavors) I can hopefully replace them soon, I'll have to check with my doctor :) and I Cannot wait to be able to at least get out of the liquid phase.

I has my sleeve surgery on January 17, and this liquid diet is hard, I keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end. I am not craving food but I just want to chew something of substance. I had 4 days of pre-op liquid food and I am scheduled to stay on liquids until January 31 then move to soft foods. This phase we are in is all about letting your sleeve heal. U will have ur cheese sandwich again soon.

I can feel your pain!!! Yesterday I sucked on a piece of carrot that had been seasoned and baked! Just got the flavor lol I did spit it out but I just needed something beside chicken broth!! My surgery was 1/23 and I can move to puréed goods on 2/5 I'm

Looking forward to be able to eat something with more substance!

I'm almost 2 months out and had my first real meal out yesterday. I ordered the kids meal grilled salmon and steamed broccoli from Woodranch @ The Grove. That small portion was way too much food. I had it for lunch and dinner and still didn't finish all of it. This restriction is real and great! :)

I am aware and happy of the new restrictions, I am Just looking forward to not having to drink Protein shakes, I really dislike them (all flavors) I can hopefully replace them soon, I'll have to check with my doctor :) and I Cannot wait to be able to at least get out of the liquid phase.

Oh...I guess I should have mentioned that I still have a Protein shake for Breakfast. :) Since I still can't eat much, I like to start the day off with 30 grams of Protein.< /p>

Oh...I guess I should have mentioned that I still have a Protein Shake for Breakfast. :) Since I still can't eat much, I like to start the day off with 30 grams of Protein.< /p>

You are a trooper! Today I had a zip of a protein shake and started to gag!! :(

I did see my doctor this afternoon and he told me that next week when I start my purée phase to blend chicken or fish with my purée so I can get protein that way :)

4 days post op and im not really missing any food items. Im still to sore to even think about food. I am good with my baby food for now.

Good luck everyone and congrats on making it work for you!!

I can not believe this is really real! Yau