Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brand New Bandster here Sparta NJ

Just thought I'd introduce myself! I'm Wendy 23 from Sparta NJ. I had my band places at Morristown Medical Center by Dr. David Ward on Thurs Jan 23.

Just thought I'd introduce myself! I'm Wendy 23 from Sparta NJ. I had my band places at Morristown Medical Center by Dr. David Ward on Thurs Jan 23.

Hi Wendy. If you're interested, we're having a NYC and surrounding area meet and greet on February 8th in Midtown. I started a thread but I can send you details if you'd like.

Unfortunately I am working on that date :-( hope I'm available for next time!

My cousins Sur and Dave Bridge have lived in Sparta since the 70's. I know they got flooded out a couple of times. Is it still a flood zone there?

I don't believe so. I have only lived here for about 2 years though. We do get hit worse with weather though since we are so high up in NJ!

Hey there Sparta......I'm Ron, from West Essex, Nj. I had my band done at Mountainside Hospital in Glen Ridge, NJ by Dr. Strom in April 2013. How are you doing?

My step mom was banded by Dr. Strom in 08. She looks fabulous! The only reason I went for a different Dr. is because I work at Morristown Medical Center and I chose a Dr. out of their Network. My recovery is going pretty well... Today is my first day going back to school... Then Friday back to work.

Hi there! Deanna from Parsippany NJ banded Sept 20, 2013 by Dr. Pucci at Englewood hospital. Glad to hear you are doing well. Welcome!

Hi Wendy!

I am 26 and from West Milford. I just had the lap band on 3/10. I had it done by Dr. Gritsus at Chilton Medical Center (we just merged with AHS!) How much time did you take off work? What do you do there?

Hi Wendy!

I am 26 and from West Milford. I just had the lap band on 3/10. I had it done by Dr. Gritsus at Chilton Medical Center (we just merged with AHS!) How much time did you take off work? What do you do there?

Hello! Awesome you live so close to me!! My doctor only gave me a week off because he is like speedy Gonzales. I had a rough time bending the first day or two because I'm a nursing assistant in the maternity unit and I still had some pain meds to get me through. I was fine well after 2 weeks. So far, I have lost about 20 lbs and its been almost two months. Haven't seen any weight loss in a few weeks though. I have an appointment Monday though and I'm hoping for another fill. I only have 3 CC's now but I feel hungry all of the time which kind of sucks : /

Hi Wendy!

Hello! Awesome you live so close to me!! My doctor only gave me a week off because he is like speedy Gonzales. I had a rough time bending the first day or two because I'm a nursing assistant in the maternity unit and I still had some pain meds to get me through. I was fine well after 2 weeks. So far, I have lost about 20 lbs and its been almost two months. Haven't seen any weight loss in a few weeks though. I have an appointment Monday though and I'm hoping for another fill. I only have 3 CC's now but I feel hungry all of the time which kind of sucks : /

Do the fills hurt? How long were you on liquids after the surgery? I go back Tuesday! I don't want to haha. I had 2 weeks off. First time ever! I lost 13.8 so far, and I feel like I am hungry all the time.. I can def drink more then 4oz every hour

Wendy, I am meeting with Dr. Ward on Monday. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy, I am meeting with Dr. Ward on Monday. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dr Ward is great IMO. The only thing I was unsure about was he had me back to work on 1 week and as a nursing assistant it was a little rough for the first few days (I had to ask for extra pain meds) I was back to school after 5 days. My only issue with work was bending though for maybe 3-4 days. I call him speedy Gonzales because he gets you back to normal life as quick as possible. I did liquids/softs like puddings etc for a week and then at my 1 week post op he told me it was okay to have solids. I was surprised but also excited because I wanted food haha. The swelling didn't allow me to eat too too much though. His advice is to eat slowly and chew well which I found to work pretty well. Also if you see a NUT, try to remember the guidelines and go by that: Protein first then veg then carb if you have room. My first fill was 4 weeks post op and he is generous w/ fills. I had about 3cc or so put in. It helped but I was still able to eat a significant amount (def not as much as pre op though). Another 4 weeks (about 2 weeks or so ago) I had fill # 2 and I'm at a total of about 5.5-6cc and I believe I'm at my sweet spot. If I take too big a bite or don't chew well enough with some stuff it seems to go down too rough but other than that I feel pretty good. I can go all day with only eating 1 significant meal sometimes and maybe a Protein Drink or a naked juice to keep the energy up. Also, make sure you weigh yourself before surgery because they didn't weigh me. I had gained 10 lbs pre op between my 1st consult and surgery day (3 months) and they just go by my first weigh in. I think they said I lost 5 when in reality it was like 12 or something. Also, he didn't do a pre op diet for me which some people say sucks because they have to pump you with more CO2. I have to admit I had a ton of gas pain but if you move around a lot post op the gas pain will be gone after day 3. I relaxed day 1 and was up showering day 2 with the help of bf. Moved around some more on day 3. Any more questions feel free to pm me :)

Forgot also to mention surgery was outpatient and I went food shopping on the way home. I used a motorized scooter and was kind of exhausted (also because I worked overnight before surgery) but surgery wasn't really bad at all. Just to give you an idea!