Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill - hungry

Just rec'd my first fill today. I have a Migraine (that was starting before the fill), feel a bit nauseated (but moving around with a needle in my belly started that), but the most frustrating thing is that I feel starving and I'm stuck with liquids for 24 hours. I keep drinking the fluids to try to "fill me up". Reminds me of the initial pre-op diet hunger. This is going to be a long day.

Your Proteins shake if you are allowed, with yogurt and frozen fruit blended together......nice thicker consistency, may keep your hunger at bay...good luck!

Ooh that does sound good. I had the standard scoop of Protein with Water shake an hour or so after the fill.

Feeling your headache pain. For some reason I also get that bit of a headache on the days I have my fills done. I don't know if it's because I break my normal routine and shift from solids to liquids for a few days or why that happens to me really...

I love Kitt's suggestion, and that should help you feel less hungry.

Hope it gets better for you as the day goes forward!!

I totally know what you're going through. I had my first fill on Tuesday. I didn't get a headache, but the liquid diet? I had a rough time. I thought I was gonna be all zen-like like I was for the preop diet. The preop diet I did great. But not after this fill. The doc wanted me to do full liquids for the rest of Tuesday and all day Wednesday and then back to solids. Well, I made it through Tuesday. But by Wednesday night, I was not so strong. I had some foods that would be considered mushies. On top of that, I find that since the fill, I feel a little less restricted than I did before it. I don't have any idea why. I'm just gonna try to stick with my new way of eating and watch my portions too.

It also helps to mix your Protein powder with milk, not Water. Milk is more filling, and also to blend some fruit in it.

What do you mean "moving around with a needle in your stomach? Does the needle stay in your portal? Doesn't the dr. remove it after the fill? Something I have never heard before. Thanks for your answers.

What do you mean "moving around with a needle in your stomach? Does the needle stay in your portal? Doesn't the dr. remove it after the fill? Something I have never heard before. Thanks for your answers.

More than likely to walk to where the x-ray machine is located. I know for me, there were times when my PA would input the needle to do my fill or unfill in the exam room by places the needle in my port. I had to lye down for this. Then we would walk over to the x-ray room so I could do a barium swallow to make sure that the fill that was just down was not too tight. If it were the barium was going too slow, she would remove a little Fluid while in the x-ray room. If it was okay, then she would just take it out. So no, you don't keep it in you.