Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OVER A MONTH POST OP AND NO CHANGE!

Hey fellow sleevers.. so I know it has been a while since I caught up with you guys but I never forgot about you all....nearing almost 2months post op alot of the things that were said to me preop is ringing in my head...you guys told me alot that I should have listened to...sometimes I wish I would have loved and excepted myself enough to loose weight on my own.. enuff blabbering let me tell yall what I came on here to. Ok I need advice yall im at the biggest stall ever I cant seem to move out of the 220s its been this way for almost 3 weejs now..my scale at home says 220/219 back and forth and at the doc it say 228...surgery day I was 237...so something is not right here...I cant seem to loose weight if it helps any I was just on my monthly and I ate alot that I wasnt sappose to eat not to much of it at a time but I had junk on numerous occasions during that time frame....I started working out..have been all week...no change...I get nauseous often now...like I used to eat eggs alot but now that makes me sick...tmro I will be having some talapia fish my surgeon said its good for protien...im still not gettin enough Water in...HELP GUYS!! Vets it will b nice to here from u..im tryna get to that 100lbs marker for my 19th bday which is july 22nd... any advice!!???

OK first thing is you should contact your DR and your Nutritionist. If you are following the "plan" and excersising as well you should be losing. Stalls dont normally happen til 2-3 months in and then another around the 6 month point. They do happen and that is what i was advised by several people.. Stalls last 2-4 weeks so that part is normal but it doesnt make sense that u are stalling this early.. What are you eating? How much are you excercising. Water Water WATER also..

Id love to give you more advise but something could possibly be wrong also and that is why im saying you should contact your weight loss center..

I mean some woman was on here yesterday and posted something about eating 4oz of mashed potatoes. Cant be more wrong. I hope your doing majority Protein... I wish you the best and wanted to chime in ,,

Chris

I am having the same issue. I am 2-1/2 weeks post op and the first week I lost 16 lbs and since then I haven't lost anything. I am very discouraged and aggrevated cause this is when you are supposed to lose the most. I have not been able to get all my Protein Shakes in because they make me nauseous and right now that is all I am supposed to be on.

Normal. Many of us hit the 3 week stall which is common. You also need to consider surgical weight gain from Fluid retention.

Your TOM will cause Water retention as well as any excess in salt from bad food choices.

Hang on, follow plan FOR REAL, and move your body. The weight will come off.

OK first thing is you should contact your DR and your Nutritionist. If you are following the "plan" and excersising as well you should be losing. Stalls dont normally happen til 2-3 months in and then another around the 6 month point. They do happen and that is what i was advised by several people.. Stalls last 2-4 weeks so that part is normal but it doesnt make sense that u are stalling this early.. What are you eating? How much are you excercising. Water Water WATER also..

Id love to give you more advise but something could possibly be wrong also and that is why im saying you should contact your weight loss center..

I mean some woman was on here yesterday and posted something about eating 4oz of mashed potatoes. Cant be more wrong. I hope your doing majority Protein... I wish you the best and wanted to chime in ,,

Chris

Lol 4oz of mashed patatoes....you know something that used to be me....like around week 3 I wanted everything..but a typical day for me is wake up do a mile on the tredmill in which I burn like 150cal... then I try doing a lil sit up etc all while having my sweat suite on....after like a hr I eat...I have like egg white.then probably eat again mid day... then again at night...it varies what I eat tho after Breakfast...you know something u guys are right I was just eating bear junk food..one time I ate cake...black cake....then another I had popeyes.....then another time I had Jamaican food that made my stomach hurt so bad I almost thru it up...but this was like a week or two ago when I was seeing aunt flow....I realize around that time I crave everything I want to eat everything and ny tummy lets me which is crazy..I know a girl she got the surgery done with ne same day same hospital same surgeon...she eats shrimp cake popeyes on a reg and anything u can think of and still looses so I thought the same might happen to me...but I see now imma have to work for that pound!!!more than other people.. so now that I told u how I currently eat I would love to hear how I can change my diet..and ill def go see my nut and surgeon...feb 14

I am having the same issue. I am 2-1/2 weeks post op and the first week I lost 16 lbs and since then I haven't lost anything. I am very discouraged and aggrevated cause this is when you are supposed to lose the most. I have not been able to get all my Protein shakes in because they make me nauseous and right now that is all I am supposed to be on.

Yea I totally understand...alot is making me nauseous now to...I cant advise you anything bcus we both struggling...only thing I can say is keep your mind at the finish line thats what helps me sometime

Normal. Many of us hit the 3 week stall which is common. You also need to consider surgical weight gain from Fluid retention.

Your TOM will cause Water retention as well as any excess in salt from bad food choices.

Hang on, follow plan FOR REAL, and move your body. The weight will come off.

Thanks...imma look for my paper because todat I move to the next stage!!!

I personally think I am not getting enough Protein. I am suppose to be on just Protein Shakes and get 8 to 11 oz every 4 hours but because they make me so nauseous I am only getting 4 to 6 oz every 4 hours. I am pretty sure it is the whey making me sick so tomorrow I am going to a store that sells egg white protein and I am going to try that.

Stalls do happen at three weeks..... just look at all the people on here who struggled with this after being told it

shouldn't happen. I think its very presumptuous to be told this. Everyone is diff and responds slightly diff to the same

surgery. Being told its not suppose to be is another disappointment in a already hard journey. Yes it can happen.

And did for me and I cried and felt like a failure AGAIN. I thru pain had to give my body the love and time it needed

to heal and adjust. Thank God I did and you will do well also.

Stalls do happen at three weeks..... just look at all the people on here who struggled with this after being told it

shouldn't happen. I think its very presumptuous to be told this. Everyone is diff and responds slightly diff to the same

surgery. Being told its not suppose to be is another disappointment in a already hard journey. Yes it can happen.

And did for me and I cried and felt like a failure AGAIN. I thru pain had to give my body the love and time it needed

to heal and adjust. Thank God I did and you will do well also.

Thnxxxxxxx

You aren't working harder than other people by not eating Popeye's. :) Most us of don't eat Popeye's, or anything of the like.

Eat Protein, Protein, protein. Not fried protein, either.

You will lose.

I think you know what you need to do. No junk food. No pop eyes. No Jamaican food. No cake. This will not work by itself. You have to put in the effort and change the way you are eating. PLEASE go see your NUT and have them prepare a menu for you to go by. Then stick to it. We want to see that scale go down girl! Get on it!!