Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have no idea what I will look like thinner!

Have been overweight my entire life. I hit 200 pounds freshman year. I went from children's clothes straight into a size 14 at age 11. I haven't been able to shop in regular stores since 8th grade. I have had a double chin since 11th grade.

I'm 31 and single and starting a brand new life.

But I've been lucky that even at 320 pounds I was still a pretty cute fat girl. Lol. I don't mean to be superficial but is anyone else nervous that they won't think the new smaller person they are trying to become is pretty?

Have been overweight my entire life. I hit 200 pounds freshman year. I went from children's clothes straight into a size 14 at age 11. I haven't been able to shop in regular stores since 8th grade. I have had a double chin since 11th grade. I'm 31 and single and starting a brand new life. But I've been lucky that even at 320 pounds I was still a pretty cute fat girl. Lol. I don't mean to be superficial but is anyone else nervous that they won't think the new smaller person they are trying to become is pretty?

I can definitely relate to this! I can't remember a time when I was not overweight! Even tho I'm only 21 I'm definitely scared to start seeing major results, I've always seen myself as a good lookin big girl so who will I be skinny? I think I will look weird and not right, but I know that's not the way I should be thinking and all that really matters is my health. But since were already pretty I guess we should only get better in looks the smaller we get right? Lol

I was 75 pounds in kindergarten. I hit 200 pounds in the seventh grade and never went back. My goal is 160. I have no clue about what I will look like, or feel like for that matter, at a healthy weight. This is going to be quite a transition for me, but I'm looking forward to the results! :)

i too was big my whole life from a very young age i had no clue what not big me would look like.

not gonna lie its a total mind F to see the changes you will be you, big you then suddenly notice your smaller and you look alot- well i did anyway and just as your wrapping your head around a smaller you, you notice you have got smaller again!

and round and round it goes- total mind trip to say the least.

i have no idea if "this" (current av taken new years eve) will be final me as my face gets thinner all the time still (like my glasses fall of my face when i lean over thinner face yet again)

its not even over yet either lol had my op in may of 2012 i still have my saggy skin still losing weight most recent weigh in was 2 weeks ago and although its slowing down i still haven;t stopped so there is still a different new me under the skin and whatever weight/fat will still go down.

its a completely fascinating process though even if trippy and takes a while to catch up mentally with how you look your always behind for the first year at least but when it slows down its not as noticeable and less omg thats different!!

I was big all my life also. This was a HUGE fear of mine : what would I look like? And would I even like it?? I didn't know what my face looked like under those round cheeks... I didn't know what my body shape would be... That was scary.

I just had to keep reminding myself this was for my health.

And to my surprise, I look half decent without all the extra weight (in clothing of course). lol

I was big all my life also. This was a HUGE fear of mine : what would I look like? And would I even like it?? I didn't know what my face looked like under those round cheeks... I didn't know what my body shape would be... That was scary.

I just had to keep reminding myself this was for my health.

And to my surprise, I look half decent without all the extra weight (in clothing of course). lol

yes body shape is nuts!

not at all what i thought i would look like i was a apple before now i am way more hourglass.

went bra fitting and was told i have a tiny waist and small ribcage as someone who had a massive belly thats funny to me!

I m so glad in not the only one who feels this way! I haven't been below 230 in my adult life and even though that's still another 50 away I realize I can make it there now.

How much weight did you girls lose before your brain realized you were smaller?

I m so glad in not the only one who feels this way! I haven't been below 230 in my adult life and even though that's still another 50 away I realize I can make it there now.

I depends on the day- today and yesterday I was fat. The day before, super skinny. I don't know if the brain ever gets it.

I have this conversation with myself everyday!!!! I have absolutely no clue what I'm gonna look like. There is like 1 picture of me from my adult life where i managed to his 200-ish (as opposed to living between 230 and 270), so I have an idea of smaller, but not of skinny. Sometimes I'll catch my boyfriend staring at me, and when I ask him what, he tells me he's trying to figure out what I'll look like skinny. Neither of us know!!!!

Check out my before and after..... 420 to 222 now.

Love your pic. I can't wait to post. You look great!

The last time I was 'thin (150lbs) I was 17. In addition to being much younger than now (I turn 30 in a few months), I wore glasses, had shorter hair, and my hair was streaked mostly blonde. I also had smaller breasts, almost no hips and dressed a lot differently (mainly I wore flared jeans and bohemian shirts. Despite being a 90s chick, I always loved 70s fashion)

When I look at those old pics, it doesnt even look like me to me. It's like looking at a stranger. I now have dark brown, almost black hair; wear contacts; have freckles; my hair is much longer and I am of course 13 years older.It's really hard to picture myself and honestly I feel like my body is going to stay fat even when the scale hits below 200 and eventually I'm into the 160s and 150s as weird as that sounds. I just cannot wrap my head around being thin because I've been heavy for so long.

Edited by Comfy_Blue

for me when I first really saw was july in my comp in my gallery that's the first time I saw it myself not sure how much that was now its been a while but that only lasted till august when I was all omg smaller again lol

I know I am small now way way smaller but I am still mentally omg when I try things on and look at myself and see how small I am lol

I don't think any of us are really in the brain realizes stage till its all done and dusted no more losing weight and no saggy skin when we are truly done at goal skin gone then I think I will catch up mentally and go ok hey hi me this is what you look like for real nice to meet you!

I can only assume this as I am not there yet so I hope for right now I am perfectly fine with current me till current me changes again lol

Lol this is my life story. Been overweight my whole life, always got the but you've got a pretty face BS. Also worried about how I'm going to look with the weight off. Hope I don't end up with a sunken face and oodles of loose skin. Who knows, getting my health back is top priority so let the chips fall where they may

I hate the whole, you've got such a pretty face, thing. I know it's meant to be a compliment but after my entire twenties spent being obese I hope I never hear it again. I just want to hear someone say, that dress looks good on you or your legs look good in those heels. Is it so wrong to want to be just a little bit objectified? Probly, but I don't care. Lol