Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How may have tried the Atkins meals. Are they good?

How much the meal can you eat? Is it very big?

<p>How may have tried the Atkins meals. Are they good? </p> <p> </p> <p>How much the meal can you eat? Is it very big?</p>

I have tried the chili. It is surprisingly good. I'm pre-op so I'm not sure how much that you will be able to eat.

There are so many inexpensive options I have found, and so easy. Refried Beans can be prepared many ways after surgery for your Protein. Also, crockpot meals can be prepared inexpensively in quantity with chicken breasts, FF chicken broth, beans, carrots, etc. and frozen for quick meals. I ate Lean Cuisine/Weight Watchers meals for 10 years while working and I wonder why I never lost weight. Never again will I eat a packaged meal when so little fills me up. I know a lot of people have trouble getting around and have different issues though. Best of luck to you!!!

I ate the Atkins frozen dinners pre-op. The serving size is probably just about right now for my tummy. When I ate them pre-op--I was thinking: "This is in no way enough food." Funny how things change after surgery.

I loved the crustless chicken pot pie, and the other dinner Entrees. I never tried the Breakfast ones. They were VERY convienent for me but I don't have high blood pressure and don't have to worry about salt intake.

THAT BEING SAID--I think the Atkins frozen dinners are higher in fat and like any processed food-way higher in salt.

I'd check the label for the fat content and salt to see if your doctor would allow you to eat that much fat and salt.

I think we pay a lot more attention to salt content now than ever. Even Soups endorsed by Weight Watchers are loaded with salt. My husband and I both have HBP and are off some of the meds now and BP is awesome!

I bought the Atkins turkey dinner at our local 99 cents store. I was stunned when I saw how much fat it contained. 23g of fat for turkey and green Beans? Wowzer. Not sure I will eat it now.

I'm dealing with some issues with my pouch now, 9-10 months out. I was eating chili (that I made myself) almost every day for the last 6 months or so since surgery. Now I think it was too spicy / the tomatoes too acidic. My lesson for the week is "Variety".

And I've yet to find a pre-packaged meal that has a good level of fat, carbs, sodium, and Protein for what I want to eat. I have purchased pre-made meatballs, the small ones, (turkey or beef), and they are great to pop into sauce for a meal. I have also done well with the Green Giant just for one veggies with cheese sauce - they work well with a Protein. Or the pre-cooked chicken or steak strips for on top of salads. So you can do convenience food, but not all in one package.

Kathy