Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I eat a scrambled or boiled egg occasionally. Diet mayo. I have eaten tuna, mashed potatoes (bad for carbohydrates, but they are satisfying). Ground serloin patty (small) without the bread, but with ketchup. Beef meatballs and gravy. I sneak in Rice Chex. They are carbohydrates but satisfy my need to crunch and they have no wheat. chicken is good in small doses. I have lost my taste fo Pasta. (I can't believe I am saying that.) I try to stay away from wheat anyway. I still drink Protein drinks especially in the A.M. No salads yet. But I have eaten canned beets with low-cal Catalina salad dressing, which I like. Canned asparagus. Yogurt and cottage cheese. Mozerella and Halvarti cheeses. Jello. Minestrone Soup. Bannanas. Everything must be chewed very well. I eat very tiny portions.

THE BAD NEWS: My husband has lost 5 pounds without even trying!

Apparently, not bringing home ice cream and pastry anymore has had a beneficial effect uopn his weight, too. :blush: I must have been a bad influence. :lol:

Tried grouper and got a lousy fillet from Publix. It was on sale and my husband got a good one but I didn't. I never had bad grouper before. Didn't eat it. :P

There probably have been other "real" foods, but that's all I can remember right now. I have to look into Protein Bars. I haven't done that yet, but have to read the labels to see if they are any good.

All the best,

Cococat

I am in Sarasota.

I eat a scrambled or boiled egg occasionally. Diet mayo. I have eaten tuna, mashed potatoes (bad for carbohydrates, but they are satisfying). Ground serloin patty (small) without the bread, but with ketchup. Beef meatballs and gravy. I sneak in Rice Chex. They are carbohydrates but satisfy my need to crunch and they have no wheat. chicken is good in small doses. I have lost my taste fo Pasta. (I can't believe I am saying that.) I try to stay away from wheat anyway. I still drink Protein drinks especially in the A.M. No salads yet. But I have eaten canned beets with low-cal Catalina salad dressing, which I like. Canned asparagus. Yogurt and cottage cheese. Mozerella and Halvarti cheeses. Jello. Minestrone Soup. Bannanas. Everything must be chewed very well. I eat very tiny portions.

THE BAD NEWS: My husband has lost 5 pounds without even trying!

Apparently, not bringing home ice cream and pastry anymore has had a beneficial effect uopn his weight, too. :blush: I must have been a bad influence. :lol:

Tried grouper and got a lousy fillet from Publix. It was on sale and my husband got a good one but I didn't. I never had bad grouper before. Didn't eat it. :P

There probably have been other "real" foods, but that's all I can remember right now. I have to look into Protein Bars. I haven't done that yet, but have to read the labels to see if they are any good.

All the best,

Cococat

Look at Premier Protein bars, the drinks are approved so maybe the bars are as well. I am eating almost the same stuff you are on my pre surgery diet so after there should be no surprises. I am even practicing chewing. The hardest thing for me right now is sipping Water. I am a "gulp 8 oz in one swallow" person, and find when I sip I forget to drink and don't get my 64 oz in.

i really appreciate having you to talk to it is first hand experience from my doctors office. It makes it more real.

By the way, don't you hate men that can loose weight just by thinking about it. I like tilapia for a fish. I put about a

tbsp of mayo on the fillet, sprinkle with a bit of parmesan cheese and bake. I find that delicious.

Take care.

Tampa here. Surgery is next Thursday Nov 6th!!

thx!!! pre-op visit at hospital tomorrow!!

I was sleeved on Sept. 10th by Dr. Bass from Ft. Myers/Naples. No complications.

Been almost two month how are thing going, how much have you lost to date

My surgery is today. Already at Sarasota Memorial. Surgery is at 1pm. Wish me luck!

Thinking of you praying for a safe journey

My surgery is today. Already at Sarasota Memorial. Surgery is at 1pm. Wish me luck!

How are you feeling?

Doing ok. Still in hospital. Sounds like I will be able to go home tonight. I'm still in a lot of pain. The surgeon started the surgery laporscopic, but ended up having to open me up because of scar tissue from previous surgeries. So I have 5 little incisions across the top of my stomach and then a big one from my belly button down. That one is about 6 inches. I am doing well on the clear liquid diet, but I a so ready for this pain to get better. I am only lasting about 3 1/2 hours with pain meds. Then they seem to get out of my system very quickly.

Doing ok. Still in hospital. Sounds like I will be able to go home tonight. I'm still in a lot of pain. The surgeon started the surgery laporscopic, but ended up having to open me up because of scar tissue from previous surgeries. So I have 5 little incisions across the top of my stomach and then a big one from my belly button down. That one is about 6 inches. I am doing well on the clear liquid diet, but I a so ready for this pain to get better. I am only lasting about 3 1/2 hours with pain meds. Then they seem to get out of my system very quickly.

Thinking of you, hope the pain improves soon. Bad shock to expect a couple of little holes and ending up with a big scar. All th ebest, keep us posted

Ft. Lauderdale area here! 12/18/14 surgery date!