Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just has surgery a few hours ago and I'm miserable. Nausea, vomiting, and lots of pain..

Please someone just tell me it'll get better

CharlieMom24,

Hang in there hon--it will get better. It takes time because your body just went through a heck of a lot of trauma and you have to give it time to recover and YOU need time to rest and recover. Unfortunately, your body needs time to do this and some need more time for theier bodies to recover than others. Is there anything they can give you for the nausea, vomiting and pain?

I hope your doctor and nurses can help you.

Sending positive thoughts your way,

Kathleen

oh yeah, does it ever. I didn't begin to feel like my old self until about 1 month out. Everything I ate made me burp and it felt stuck in my throat. I was never hungry and used to force myself to eat until I was 4 weeks out. Hang in there.

Ask for anti nausea meds. Stat.

I was in the store 4 days after surgery and shopping 6 days later and felt amazing! The first could days the fear was real! But very little real pain. Try to rest it will be great soon!

Yes, it does get better! What you need to do right now is get meds for the nausea and for the pain. This is no time to suck it up, to feel like you need to be a hero. You will heal better when you are not in pain and that pain will go away sooner,

You have just come out of major surgery and you've got healing to do. Just rest, try not to worry about anything, listen to your body and let the nurses and caregivers take care of you.

Hang on. You are going to be fine! Congratulations for taking this brave step and enjoy creating the new life you want for yourself!

Once the gas goes away in a few days you will feel like a new person. Make sure you walk every time the nurses come check on you. Sip as much as you can. Walk and sip is the key to recovery.

It gets better. ...and better... AND BETTER!! Hang in there. I had the same issues you are having right now post op, and I came out just fine. I don't regret a minute of the misery because my life right now is wonderful.

Take care and get well soon. WELCOME TO THE LOSERS BENCH!

Stay positive. You knew or were warned that surgery would not be easy, but you are ready for it. I had an easy recovery, but with whatever challenge I face ie wanting to snack, or eat out, or disapproval from skinny a$$s that never had to diet, I keep my eye on the prize. Short term pain and nausea sucks, but it is a small price to pay for guaranteed weight loss. Remember you will lose weight from the surgery, whether you keep it off it up to you. Get strength to make it through from all the times you cried or wanted to cry because of your weight, all the times you were embarrassed because you could not sit in a booth at a restaurant, the times when you had to wedge yourself into a plane seat or a seat at a theater, or all the times you stayed home and missed out on something because OF YOUR WEIGHT. Those are the things that make you strong, you can do it. A positive outlook is a key to a great recovery.

Thank you all. I've been given several things for nausea and after a short nap, I'm feeling a little better. Just the stupid gas pains making it difficult to drink.

Ask for anti nausea and pepcid. I was sleeved on 1/13/14 and started getting very nauseous and started dry heaving when I got into my room. The nurses were right on top of getting me those meds right away and was on top of it the whole time. Once my IV was out they gave me pepcid orally.

Hang in there, it does get better!

In the hospital i felt awful. My husband had to help me to the bathroom, my stomach hurt, i was stiff and i literally did nothing but wake up to pee, then sleep for the first day post opt. When i got home for the first two days, i did nothing but sleep and eat a teeny bit here and there. My stomach and throat were sore.

I'd say by the 4th day post opt, i felt so much better. I never even used pain pills, except for when i was in the hospital on a morphine drip.

I promise you are going to start recovering and feeling better very soon.

To charliemom24

Yes it gets better. I am 3 months out and now feel great most days. Some days I can't eat a lot of foods and have to use Protein drinks to ensure that I get all of my Protein and Vitamins. And I am loosing weight slow and steady which is ok with me. I say all of that to say l; give your body some time things will get better.

Good luck and congrats.

Thanks! I'm feeling a little more human this morning. Hopefully getting discharged around noon or so.