Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi guys, from catching up on the posts you all seem to be doing well. Roe, did you get in touch with Frederrick? I've been in Legoland with the hubby and kids since last Sunday only back late Thursday. No suprise to say I have not got a call back from The Hospital group about whether they would cover the cost of me getting a fill with Dr De Bruyne. I'll ring on Monday and chase them a bit. Just catching up on the post hols washing and ironing. Happy to say lost a couple of pounds whilst away so am 64lbs down now.

Take care.

Hi folks;

Coming around after surgery last Wednesday in Brussels. I had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic, so it was not a pleasant experience. There were two other Irish women there also, one who had her mother with her. Only for them, it would have been a lot worse for me. They were very supportive. I'm afraid I didn't get a chance to admire any of the handsome medical staff!

However, now, apart from some gas pain I'm doing fine. I have no interest what so ever in food, for the first time in my whole life....if only that could last! I'm forcing down Protein drinks,apple juice, and a little sugarfree jelly and natural yoghurt. Even Water is an effort. The smell of Soup is not attractive to me at present. I presume when the swelling goes down I'll return to normal, but hopefully in some control of my appetite.

I was told that there was a blue stitch on the incision at the left, where the port is, that would need to be removed by the GP in ten days; I can't see that stitch at all. Did anyone else have a problem finding it?

Hope you're all doing well.

Blessings

J.

Hi Jellybaby,

That's good to hear that you are recovering ok - I also enjoyed the lack of desire to eat post op, it was great. I'm at the stage now where I'm looking forward to my second fill!

I was told the same story about the mythical blue stitch, I couldn't see it when I took my dressings off and when I went to my GP there definitely wasn't a stitch there. I think they take it out at the same time as they take the drain out in the hospital. Just get your GP to double check when you go to get the stitches taken out.

Siepie

Thanks Siepie.

Dr De Bruyne said the only stitch that needed to be taken out by a doctor or nurse was 'the blue stitch'. He said the rest would dissolve themselves. If there is no blue stitch, I won't bother with the GP at all.

I think I'll send an e-mail to Frederik and ask.

I hope your second fill goes well. How was the first one for you? Do you think I should go for a first fill in August?....is it too soon?

Take care, and thanks again

J.

Hi guys, spoke to a lady from The Hospital Group today think her name was Lydia. The outcome was that although they bought the company from ACS Europe they did not in essence buy the aftercare of ACS patients! As a gesture of goodwill they will give one visit free of charge and assess were we are with the band, they will give a fill if required. If we need any other visit we will have to pay for them.:biggrin: This is a cart blanche approach regarless to when you had the surgery, how much you have in your band or how many follow up appointments you actually got to have. I am a little stunned as this disregard for our situation and our cash outlay, maybe I'm naive? :confused2:We will also have to travel to Belfast for the honour of this assessment as no surgeons registered in the South yet. I'm probably going to have to give in and travel to Belfast, after that I think I'll stop flogging a dead horse and contact Dr Chris De Bruyne. :thumbup: Hope ye are all doing well.

Geraldine

Hi there, I heard this about the Hospital Group today, have had up to here to be honest and if I ever saw that Halina one I'd give her a piece of my mind. €10,000 for nothing but a crappy op with a band that doesn't work and a twisted port that noone can access. I have to give in now too, but I tell you I will do whatever I can to let people know not to deal with the Hospital Group either. And I certainly won't be giving them my business, I'd rather pay Dr. Chris or Fred for a fill than those cowboys. If you look at the UK thread you can see how many of their patients in the UK are having trouble with them too trying to get aftercare etc....they should be banned as it's such a serious and important part of the process. I just feel robbed now, and bitter about it too. Can anyone send me Fred's number please? Thanks

Gerri – Well done on the weight loss. You are very close to just being “overweight”. I can believe they won’t honour the aftercare. “As a gesture of goodwill, they will give a fill IF required”. I would go there with weights in my pockets because if they see you are losing weight they’ll probably say you don’t need one. I get so angry when I hear how people just get walked over after handing over all that money.

Jellybaby – Welcome back. Glad you are doing well. I loved that feeling of not wanting to eat. For me, it lasted about two weeks and it was great weight loss in those weeks.

I had that blue stitch that the doctor mentioned. He told me he would take it out when I was at my first fill but after a couple of weeks when I scratched that area it just slipped out by itself, it didn’t hurt. He didn’t mention it when I went for the fill. It may just have come off with the dressing.

You should be well able for a fill in August. I was given the 1st one at 4 weeks out.

PrincessLK – Sent you that number.

Hope everyone is doing well, it’s been quiet around here lately. I’m at a standstill again but that is the way my body works. I’ll drop 5 lbs in one week and then stay the same for 3, even though I’m doing the same thing each week. Still losing some hair and even though I was convinced I was getting Protein in, I probably wasn’t. I have been tracking my food and calories on DailyPlate.com and it can be hard for me to reach the protein goal everyday, so I’m trying harder now

Edited by Elsie

Hi folks,

I've been back on to the Hospital Group today to ask for a copy of my file and medical records. Spoke to Corina who advised that I would have to ask in writing which I have done and will post when the rain stops! I've also emailed Obesity Solutions who have a Dublin office in Dame Street to see if they could take on the aftercare and how much their consultations and fills are, just thought might as well get a few options this time. Haven't got the email from The Hospital Group with the dates for Belfast yet, I'll follow it up tomorrow or Friday.

Hi All,

Gerri, thanks for the information about Hospital Group, their attitude doesn't surprise me although it does sadden me how inconsiderate a so called medical group can be. I will be writing to them to retrieve my medical records from them asap as I have no faith in them and do not trust them to keep my records. I suggest all ACS patients do the same.:thumbup:

Myself and a couple of other girls are meeting up in Dundrum Shopping Centre on Saturday next (12th July) at around 11.00ish in the big restaurant on floor 3 if any one is interested in joining us you are welcome. :(

Hi All

I've just sent a letter to the Hospital Group too asking for my medical records, I just decided I wouldn't trust them with it as they seem so unprofessional. It's funny that you thought of it too, I would also second Coco and say all ACS patients should do the same. Gerri, let us know how you get on with Obesity Solutions, I was just gonna use Dr. De Bruyne but if there's someone with an office in Dublin that are here permanently that would be a great solution. I think that's the clinic that Jan the surgeon who operated on me for ACS is with...

Hi Coco, would love to meet up on Saturday but can't having a joint birthday party for my 7 and 5 year olds, believe me I'm pretty sure I'd rather be going to Dundrum!

PrincessLK, I'll let ye know when I hear from Obesity Solutions.

Looks like the post man/woman is going to be busy.

Take care.

Hi Ladies,

Ive a couple of people interested in getting together on the 26th in Dublin - if anyone else is interested can you leave me a message or PM me

Tks

Siepie

Hi girls haven't posted in so long because I'm so fed up at the minute. I really need a fill, put 7 1/2lb up on my hols:mad: and can't shift it. I'm so fed up of the ACS situation. Gerri can you give me the number you got through to ACS or whoever they are now please. So are people going up to Belfast for fills or whats everyone upto?? Haven't read back through the posts so hope everyones doing well

Hi Lil, ACS/The Hospital Group Pembrooke 2374606. They will assess each person once and give a fill if required, any care after that will have to be paid for! This is accross the board regardless as to how many appointments/fills etc you managed to get out of ACS. Not happy but what can we do, I'm going to give in and make the trip for this one appointment to Belfast and then see who else can give me aftercare and at what price.

Hope your holiday went well.

At least the rain held off for a while today for my childrens birthday party.

Take care all.

Hi Gerri thanks a million for that. I'm not sure what to do, think I'll give them a ring and might make the trip to Belfast. I'm sick of it at this stage. Glad the rain held off for you. My sons 9 today so myself and hubby are heading off to McDonalds and the cinema with 11 boys God help us:eek: