Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi Everyone,

Gilly - sorry to hear about your dad. It's important to look after yourself so if Loughlinstown can help you out that's def a good thing.

Ailbhe - I'm sending positive thoughts your way, relationships ending are never an enjoyable experience but you have lots of positivity in your life, your daughter, your weight loss, your health - like attracts like so you will only find more positivity as you move forward in your journey. If you want some time out in Limerick you are more than welcome to come visit to take your mind off things!

Elsie - I've lost a bit of hair, but no more than before surgery. Can't say my hair likes staying in my head too much. Are you having plenty of Protein? I got Water soluble Vitamins from Boots that contain Lutein which is meant to help maintain hair and skin maybe they might help you out?

Damienne - how did you find the surgery? how is your recovery going?

Was thinking of setting up a more formalised support group for us if anyone was interested? I think this site gives us all great support but was thinking if we met up on a regular basis that may be an option as well. Was also thinking along the lines of getting in people to provide info or advise i.e. nutritionists, physical trainers etc - not sure what people think of the idea? Let me know your feedback on it, I know I would find it beneficial but that may just be me!

Hope you are all well - I'm booked for a fill with Frederik on July 16th.

Talk soon

Siepie

Last week I noticed a huge amount of hair coming out. It’s not like other Hair loss. This is full strands, roots and all, coming out by the handful in the shower and when I brush my hair. In work I noticed my chair even had a jacket of hair (yuck!). So I know this is normal for a lot of bandsters but I'm wondering who here has had this problem and how long was it before it stopped. For me I don’t think it’s a Protein problem because I'm doing ok with that and it’s not from "Rapid" weight loss because even though I am losing its hardly rapid. It has to be an anaesthetic thing after the op. I notice a lot of other March bandsters are talking about this and Ailbhe mentioned it last week and I was banded a week after her so it must just kick in a certain amount of time after the op.

I'm willing to go bald if I keep losing weight :drool::lol::confused_smile: At least I can get a wig.

hey there missus. I lost quite a bit of hair, as you said mostly in the shower, huge clumps were falling out and I was finding hair on my desk, chair, floors etc. It had stopped but with what has been going on (and me not eating) it has been falling out a bit again. Not as much so it probably would've happened with the stress anyway.

Damienne: Congrats on the surgery! That part is over and done now thank god and hopefully it will work well for you.

Siepie: Glad to hear you're doing well. Love the idea of the support group but I'd imagine location will be the issue. If it were in Dublin it wouldn't work for me I'm afraid.

Gerri: sorry to hear you're having problems with fills again. Madness. It must be so frustrating.

To everyone who sent me their kind thoughts, thanks a million. It 'aint going to be easy dealing with it all but I'll get there. We had a long talk lst night and I told him I understood why he felt he had to leave but I was disgusted at him for running to another girl so soon. I told him he needed to have a long hard look at himself as he would just continue to hurt people if he insists on trampling on their feelings to get what he wants regardless of other people. I said i couldn't believe I was giving him relationship advice but if he was doing this to be happy then he shouldn't mess it up by doing the things he did with me (not telling me when something was wrong, agreeing to things because he felt it was what i wanted to hear and then backing out and letting me down instead of telling me he wasn't ready.

I heard a few home truths too. Like how I had gone into myself and allowed my life to revolve around the child, work and him and how I stopped being fun. I do agree with that but I could and would have changed that and was planning on doing so. The op was my first step.

Anyway, we still ahve things to resolve but I am thinking that though it will be hard we can still stay friends. We have to for the childs sake as he still wants to be her dad and she deserves that. I will be seeing a lot of him when he drops her off and collects her and I don't want it to be me hiding in the house while he drops her outside. I want her to see us talking and being nice to each other. That we will talk for a minute about the weather or something when he drops her off.

Anyway, enough rambling.....

Moving onwards and upwards.

Hi everyone.

Damienne well done on the band the worst is over now.:scared2:

Ailbe sorry to hear about your troubles. Chin up,he d'osnt deserve someone as nice as you. Theres lots of fish waiting to be caught out there ,land yourself a big one.:confused_smile:

Gerri yes im still waiting and waiting it's a joke, we just can't seem to get a good run at it .:drool:

Elsie I would have said a protien problem as well, but you seem to have ruled that out. Im sure someone will come up with an answer on this site for you, please God sooner than later.

Siepie a support group is a great idea, getting people tog is another thing. I know for myself I'm always trying to catch my tail I never seem to have enough time to do anything, but a meet up this summer would be lovely.

Mol. Hope you are doing good.

Lil havn't heard from you in a while is everything ok:confused:, drop in soon.

Gilly realy glad you got some help. Ill be waiting to hear how you get on in Loughlinstown hosp. Let us know.

LOVE ROE

Hi guys

I had a call from Fredrick this morning at 9am. He wanted to know how things were going with my band, said he would be in Dublin every month if we needed fills. He says ACS have not changed hands, its still the same company just changed names. His fills are 120 euro,and if its filled to tight they will fly back next day to defill. Has anyone else got a call from him.

love ROE

Hi Roe,

I for one didn't get a call. I got an email from The Irish Medical Council saying Irish Registration for non Irish doctors usually takes 4 to 6 weeks. I've had no reply from ACS(Hospital Group) to my complaint email. :angry:Guess we just have to hang in there or pay out more money to another provider.:rolleyes2:

Hi all

Thanks for all the support and hope you are all holding up ok and doing well.

I'm up and down, some days can keep down Water, some days can't but on a happier note - I got an appointment to see a Mr Geoghan in Loughlinstown on Tuesday next. Does anyone know if he works alongside Donal O'Shea there? Mr Geoghan's secretary was lovely on the phone to me, said he would sort me out. I am so relieved that I will be able to see someone soon.

I will keep you posted what happens.

Ailbhe-hope you're getting stronger by the day mrs!

x

All,

Check out this link My Pets

It's the web page of a fellow bandster here on this website.

Check out the pictures of her getting a fill- her doctor uses a fluroscope- looks like an xray machine, so he can see the orientation of the port before he even goes near ger with the needle.

No pocking and prodding for our fellow bandsters in the U.S!

How lucky are they?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your good wishes.

I am managing ok I think with mushies and recognising when I'm full.

I had the surgery on 09/06 and I suppose I should get a fill with Frederick when he's over on 15/07?

To be honest, I would prefer to have it done with Dr Debruyne but he won't be back 'til Sept.

Have any of you had fills with Frederick?

I am a bit nervous about having a fill.

How do you know if you need a fill?

I suppose I could book an appointment for the 15th and cancel if I feel that I don't need it when the time comes?

About the Hair loss, I spoke to Brenners at some point and she told me that she has been taking a Protein supplement every day and hasn't lost any hair.< /p>

I got some, so I must make a point of taking it and see if it makes any difference to the 'three month' hair loss problem.

Sepie,I would love to have a regular support meeting...I suppose Larry Murphy's is a mini version of what it could be like.

I'ts really great to meet everyone in person.

Bye for now.:ohmy:

Hi Gilly. Mr geoghan is really lovely, he works with Donal O'shea as part of the weight managment programme. Presume he does other surgeries too but I only know him through the clinic. Good luck Tues let us know how you get on, mol

Edited by mol

Hi all. Well things are worse here. Met himself on Saturday night as he wanted to talk.

He sort of wanted to give it another go but said he had to be honest and told me he had cheated on me twice with this girl while we were together and a few days after we broke up he was with her again.

Needless to say we are well and truly over, mostly because he wasn't willing to work at our relationship if we got back together (like counselling, not going off with his friends without me there etc).

All he could promise was that he would never cheat on me again but that isn't enough for me.

I can't have a one way relationship and even though this break up is killing me I know it will be worse to stay.

I just need to move out now and distance myself from the whole sorry mess and all the pain and deceit.

I feel like a fool for believing him when he said nothing happened. I feel like even more of a fool because I still love him. I just cannot associate the person I have been known and been with for the past 6 years, who supported me through some very hard times and who loved me so much with the person who had sex with a girl he'd met twice in his car(classy eh?).With the person who went out and bought a new phone so he could contact her and not get caught. The person who came home to me after sleeping with her once, and then a second time and didn't even act differently.

I'm so confused and hurt and just feel I can't trust my judgement anymore and I feel like I'll never trust anyone again. Or love anyone as much as I love him. Because sadly, i still do. But not the person he has become. I love who I know he can be.

I'm distraught.

Edited by ailbhe

Hi Every one just popped in to say Hi havent been on for a while things generally mayhem

New resolution to write at least once a week

It will probably take me all this week to catch up with everyone

Ad recognise some names

Best wishes to all

Any news from ACS re fills ect

Talk soon

Love Loriha

Hi Ailbhe, you poor thing but TOU HAVE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION!!! He doesn't deserve your love but unfortunately you can help but still love him. You are feeling really raw at the moment but deep down you know you are doing the right thing by getting out of that relationship. You have every reason to be angry but your anger and disappointmnet should be aimed at him not yourself or your family or indeed man in general...! There are some really good guys out there and you owe it to yourself to move on and start living the pain will ease eventually...allow yourself to grieve though it is like a death when someone you love betrays you like he did which results in the end of a relationship. Give your self time and be strong he doesn't seem to want to work at making things right and in this situation I'm sorry but i wouldn't trust his word either. thinking of you and if you feel like ranting just log on !! MOL

Hey guys.

Havent posted in ages, been very busy and all. I would defo be up for a meet soon. PM me to let me know date/location.

I am coming up to my 1 yeat bandiversary. 27th July and to date I have lost 3st 7 lbs. I havent lost any weight in the past two or three months probably because I am a champion at cheating!!!!!! I just had a slice of fresh white with butter and jam. I know im eating all the wrong things, but oncethe scales is not going up. I need to start exercising too, im getting so lazy.

I have been on to ACS/Hospital group and got the usual blah, doctors getting registered and all that shite. I need a slight fill, id say half would do me. They told me my one year aftercare would be extended by how much, they didnt tell me.

Hi Ailbhe,

You are being very strong and very brave, the easiet thing to do would have been to take him back but you are better than that! I can only imagine how you are feeling but you have the strength to get through these times. On a brighter note noticed your weight loss, way to go girl you are flying. Take it a day at a time or even a few hours at a time. Look after yourself.

Loriha, I haven't been on the ACS this week but as you said yourself the usual response last week... my weight is staying pretty much the same up a couple of pounds then down a couple etc.

Hope all keeping well.

Hi Guys,

I've not been on for a while but glad to see all the Belgium Bandsters are rockin':biggrin::w00t:. Well done to all of you, you seem to have the band sussed! :tt1:

Loriha: great to see you on again, fill us in on how you've been getting on. :laugh:

Roe: Have you decided what to do re a fill, if I were you I would see the Belgium dr. for a fill, it will be worth the money to get your weight loss started again. :tongue:

Gilly: Have you been seen in Loughlinstown yet? Would love to know how it went.:sad_smile:

Gerri: I've PM'ed you, sorry it took so long. :thumbup:

Ailbhe: You are the strongest woman I've met in a long time. I cannot believe how strong you are being. I know that can't be easy, if its any consilation I believe you are doing the right thing the right way. Thinking about you and sending virtual hugs your way.:mad2: