Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi PrincessLK, glad all went well for you today and that the view as well as the procedure was a pleasant experience! I'm looking forward to haveing some restriction with my next fill at the end of the month as the last one didn't make a difference.

Hope everyone else got on well also.

Hi all

jeez , ACS was busy today in Pembroke ST!

Great to meet you Ailbhe and Elsie....

So I got 1 more cc in bringing me up to 4 and half total....

Met lots of lovely ladies in there today...including one who has lost 8 and half stone and one who's lost 6 so there is hope for us all....

Fingers crossed.....

Hi all. Great to meet up with those people yesterday!

Damienne how did you get on? Any decisions made?

Gilly, how long did you end up waiting in the end?

Hi Elsie smile.gif

Skinny, you are indeed a skinnyirishbabe :thumbup:

I got my fill of 2mls followed by another .45 mls so I have 4.45mls altogether now.

ACS was nuts yesterday. Dr. Chris was pretty disgusted by the way the appointments were being handled. Well, he was pretty disgusted by the way the whole ACS thing

I asked if he would be operating in Ireland and he said no, that the standards over here aren't good enough so he may at some point in the future but not yet. He is here to do fills etc as "those people out there (i.e. the waiting room) need somebody to help them". He also said that it was good for ACS patients to see the way things should be run (as his Belgium patients were in with ACS patients and we were seen pretty much as our appointments were due whereas ACS had booked a load of people for the same appointments and they were waiting ages). The poor doctors were apologising profusley for the waits but were very much blaming ACS for mucking up the appointments.

Dr. Chris also said it would take a while to "clear up the shit" left by ACS (as in all the problems people were having, no fills, twisted ports etc) but that he knew about those when he came here.

So that was my chat with him. He is wholly unimpressed by ACS but he is hoping to be able to sort it out I think. But as of now still no ACS ops in Ireland.

Edited by ailbhe

Hi girls I'm totally lost does this mean Chris de Bruyne is taking over ACS patients? or is the other Chris still filling ACS patients??

Hi girls I'm totally lost does this mean Chris de Bruyne is taking over ACS patients? or is the other Chris still filling ACS patients??

Chris de Bruyne was there yesterday as was the other Chris and Frederick too. From what I could make out Chris de Bruyne was taking his Belgium patients for fills, one or two for consultations but I'm not sure if they were ACS or his own patients and there was an ACS patient who had a fairly serious port problem and I think he saw her also.

Frederick and the other Dr. Chris seemed to be sorting out the fills for the ACS patients.

I think Dr de B said to Elsie that he hoped to have a separate set up to ACS for his own patients so I'm not sure if he is just renting the office for them or not. He seems to be keeping himself removed from ACS if that makes any sense.

Hi guys I was at acs yesterday as well. When I finally found the place I was 20 mins late. I was walking up and down the street. I called acs, the girl on the phone didnt have a clue where I was, and me outside she took my no to have someone call me back.:thumbup: It didnt matter anyway they were 1 hour behind time,:blush: not very impressed with the fill, Chris the nurse would only give me half a ml, which he said would bring me up to 4, I told him I already had 4 in there he said no I only had three and a half so I asked if he lied to me the last time when he said he put back in 4 ML, he was surprised and said he must have read my chart wrong,:embaressed_smile:another thing I dont like not being able to understand what they are saying, they should speak english.enough bitching for now.were any of you there around that time, then it was to late to go to l murphys so I didnt get to meet any of you guys. :sad_smile:There was a girl there who wasnt to impressed with acs she knew her stuff I was thinking she must be one of us. The place was crazy you couldnt get talking to anyone she had white shirt black crop pants?dark hair tied back (will that person please stand up):thumbup:

Hi Roe

That was me, I think! I think I also might be the only ACS patient with the 'serious' port problem that Ailbhe's talking about as again Chris the nurse couldn't get to it and then when he did couldn't get any liquid into it, Dr. Chris came in and saved the day, he said I need to have my port repositioned as only he can get to it, not a nurse. I spoke to the girl there running the show and she made me wait another half an hour on top of the 2 hours I was there already only to be taken back into the nurse Chris and told that my port is not a problem for the moment. So I couldnt' get any sense out of them , waiting for a phonecall to discuss with somebody, but I'd say until they sort out a clinic manager that these admin probs are still going to be there, they didn't even have Water there for people to drink after their fills...they had to run out and buy bottles. No more restriction yet, will give it a few days and then call, I want this sorted out.

Have a good weekend all

Hi Ailbhe,Elsie ,

It was great to meet you and Skinny irish babe yesterday.(that was a great name to choose...it fits you so well)

I hope you are both good after your fills.Good shrinking.

I met DR DE Bruyne for a consultation .I was very happy about it ...in spite of the general confusion in A.C.S...and I am planning to go ahead !!??!(fingers crossed).

He was obviously NOT impressed with the delays for patients....made it clear it had nothing to do with him or his patients.

Mind you I spoke to one woman who had an appointment with him for 11.45 and had been told by staff to wait in the waiting room until called.....but wasn't called at all.

She was still there waiting to see Chris when I left (before 1.30) but she was complaining to Frederick.

It looked like people had turned up without appointments hoping to get a fill, or maybe the Dr/nurse had arrived late.

The 'Lapband Saga' continues!!!

Hi All,

Damienne, Skinny and Gilly, nice to meet you all on Thurs. Damienne, have you set a date?

Well, I had my second fill on Thursday. I was delighted with the amount Dr. Chris put in. Another 3cc. Hopefully, it will make a good difference. So far so good anyway. Even with all the ladies waiting in ACS, he still managed to keep my appointment time more or less so was happy with that too.

PrincessLK: I dont think you were the lady that Ailbhe was talking about with the port problem. This poor lady didnt even have a port anymore. Good luck sorting out yours though. There certainly was a lot of twisted ports in the waiting room when I was there.:Dancing_wub:

Ailbhe: Hope that fill is still working for you.:tt1:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Elsie

Hiya Ladies,

How are you all? I was operated on last Tuesday, everything went fantastically, very very professional, hospital was spotless - would thoroughly recommend Dr Chris to anyone considering the surgery. Ive a friend looking to book in with him now

Elsie/Ailbhe, I asked the same questions about the ACS scenario and Dr Chris said he wouldnt be working for them but is endeavouring to help their patients out with the issues that they are having. He said he will still see his private patients and have consultations and from what you have said his direct patient appts were on time etc. I'm guessing with all the carry on he will find a location of his own eventually, I told him I didnt want to go through ACS but through him directly

I also asked about fills outside of Dublin and Frederik and Dr Chris said they are in the process of setting up fill appts in Galway and Cork! Happy days for you Ailbhe! Ive asked could they look into Limerick as well because that would be perfect for me.

I'm doing well since the surgery, still on liquids and yogurt Im down from 110kg pre surgery(in Dr Chris's office) to 103kg as of this morning - cant be complaining about that and my blood sugars look much more stable. Can't say Im a huge fan of the old injections I have to give myself for blood clots but Ill get over it

I hope you are all doing well, hopefully I will get to catch up with you all the next time Dr Chris is in Dublin

Simone

Siepie delighted to hear it went well and is continuing to go well for you :welldoneclap:

Great weight loss!!!

Would love if they did fills in Galway though I wouldn't be able to meet up with everyone then!

Weight is going down again (gotta love those fills). I'm having good restriction but I can't wait to get back to work as I've been grazing all weekend :Banane53: Work keeps me occupied!

Also heading to Spain this day week so will be very ggod in the hope of losing a few more pounds before squeezing into my swim suit!

Elsie, how's the fill working for you? I m back on tiny portions of food but am eating more frequently (out of boredom, not hunger) but I'm still avoiding junk food. Hope you have some restriction this time! If not it'll be a flight to Brussels :Banane44:

HI girls back from the wedding in Malta Alicia looked beautiful ,.weather ok not great could not eat or drink for 3 days ok now.I know my band is very tight but I do and I dont want a defill. I am losing about 3 pound a week but I am eating notting.I thing I might be anemic if I bang of anything I get a big black briuse I need to get some Iron in to me .I am afraid if I get a defill I wont lose the 3 pound a week you would think it would be moreI eat f--k all talk later terry

Hi All,

Elsie, I have booked June 6th....fingers crossed!

I have a few queries about my arrangements.

(1)Do I need to fly out on the 6.50am 'red eye' flight... rather than the one arriving at 8.40 on the day before the op.?(the Dr. says I need to seee him at 9pm that eve. so I'm guessing I need to take the 'red eye')

(2)Do I need to see the Dr. before I go home ,after spending the night in the hotel?....i'm again wondering if it would be better to book the morning flight home(10 am ish) or the evening one (around 9pm)?

I would appreciate any advice on making these arrangements.

Later,I will be asking about what I should and shouldn't take with me etc.

Thanks everyone for all your help so far,

Damienne:confused::wink2::confused:

Damienne, I flew out in the morning before the surgery. We went sight seeing for the day and then met Dr.Chris that night at his home surgery.

Frederick calls to the hotel the day after surgery but you don't HAVE to see him.

He called when we were out and then again when I was asleep. My fella told him I was asleep but was fine and he left it at that.

I will pm you a pm I was sent when going with a list of stuff to bring.

Hi Elsie,

I have booked the 6th of June for my surgery.... I hope i don't change my mind!!!???

I will go ahead and book flights and hotel,it's only about three weeks away.

Have any of you been asked to do a two weeks low-fat/calorie diet before the op(with dr Debruyne) or is that a 'thing of the past'?

Damienne:confused::)