Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

it was a clinic in brussels, asked for my money back coz it took so much time to organise it the first time,, very depressed over it now to be honest..if i book anywhere else it will take months..:)

it was a clinic in brussels, asked for my money back coz it took so much time to organise it the first time,, very depressed over it now to be honest..if i book anywhere else it will take months..:)

Try Dr. Chris on Wilkommen auf der Obesity Assist Website.

I don't know if he'd be able to fit you in or even if he is in Belgium that week but if you have flights etc booked and ready it's worth a try. his email and phone number are on the site. Might be worth a shot. If I remember correctly it wasn't Dr. Chris you were booked in with.

Hi all,

Had my fill yesterday as well, it was a different person to Roe but equally nice. His name is Frederik and he works with European Centre For follow-up and Services, he told me he works with Dr DeBruyne. Have to say he was very assured and seemed to genuinely know what he was talking about. He told me I only had 2mls in my band and the prot was twisted so he had to do a bit of prodding and poking before he was able to give me another 1ml. Got a call from Kim today to see how I was feeling and she said she will call me on Monday with my next appointment but to ring before that if I had any concerns. Hopefully this is the type of service we will get from now on. Same weight down on their scales so pleased.. also more news I passed my driving test this afternoon so I've had a great start to my weekend. Hope everyone is well.

Thats great news Geraldine :)

I met Frederick when i was in Belgium. He provides a "package" if you are going to Belgium incl flights, pickups etc. He's nice, very confident and seems to know his stuff. So is Dr Chris de Bruyne their new surgeon or is the other Dr. Chris their new surgeon. Just wondering if I'll have to go to ACS for a fill :thumbup:

Hi All, Gerri I had a similar experience to you today but with Chris. He was poking around for ages to find my port he eventually got it and said there was only 2 1/2 cc in it so he tried to put another 1 1/2 in but said there was resistance, so he could only put 1/2 in, was really disappointed about that so gonna see how this goes. Will give them a ring next week if there's no difference in restiction. Apparently my port is really badly twisted which must be why only Jerome and Lou have been able to get a fill in each out of about 6 fills. There was a long wait today to be seen too but I suppose we should just be glad that it's all been sorted out fill wise. Just so you know though, it's not in and out in 10 mins any more like it had been before. Overall though, am happy to be in the hands of professionals and a proper service available to us at last! I won't be losing sleep over it any more, now I can just concentrate on losing this weight. Was jsut wondering if anyone (ie. Allure, Coco, Gerri etc) who's had success with weight loss with the band would mind telling me what their daily diet would consist of when you're at your sweet spot? How much weight did you lose on a weekly basis? Did you feel weak from lack or nutrition or your hair fall out?

Thanks

PrincessLK

Hi girls haven't been on in ages. Had my refill 2day with Chris Deprez, gave me a little less than 1/4 he was very nice, got a funny feeling from him that Chris de Bruyne isnt coming over like ACS are making out but I may be wrong:rolleyes:. He certainly knew his stuff, very professional. The queue was ridiculous I was 2 hours in there (about 1/2 hour of it was talking after my fill). Met some lovely girls there. One lady was up from Northern Ireland, she was due to see Jerome in Belfast 2day but got a phonecall to say he had been struck off and was no longer dealing with ACS patients:eek: so she'd to come to Dublin instead.

I asked Chris Deprez when he'd be back in Ireland and he said in about 6 weeks:ohmy: ACS told me there would be someone here once a week so not sure what the set up is.

Allure: we havent spoken before congrats on your wedding and your baby news

Roe: it may take a few days for the fill to kick in, mine took 3 days last time then I was overfilled:eek:

Lindsey: really sorry about your op you must be gutted

Gerri: well done on the weightloss, aren't you the privileged one getting a phone call from Kim:tongue:

PrincessLK: I was in ACS this morning wat time were you there, maybe we were there together

Ailbhe: well done dropping a size

Elsie: hang in there for your fill

Think thats everyone:huh2: keep up the good work ladies

Hi sorry I havent posted for a while busy in work exams coming up and general family and extended family eating my time

|I was defilled in belfast on 28th March having lost 18 lb in the previous 3 weeks being severely dehydrated and unable to eat anything - now I wish i was still like that I have put back on 3 lbs and seem to have little or no restriction again I had 1 ml added on the 7th march and just 1/2ml taken out on 28th - how do we find that sweet spot I was being so good and now i am being tempted again where is my will power it was so much better when i DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GOOD

oops sorry switched caps lock without noticing!

Jerome wanted me to have an exray when I saw him on the 28th this was aranged for me and i got an appointment in the Beacon last friday I had the exray done I got a bill for 120 in the post yesterday - surely I Dont have to pay for that again input would be good - hubby went to educo training today for consultation with a personal trainer - 6 wk programme 3 intensive training sessions a week €546 inclding a bag load of Tony quinn shakes Vitamins and supplements anyone any experience of this programme -

talk later - i just poured myself a glass of red wine i somehow feel i deserve it tonight its been a very tough week and im feeling very sorry for myself.

Sorry Loriha just realised I missed u:ohmy: How are you feeling now? Did you get the result of the xray yet? If it makes u feel any better i put back 5 of the 9 1/2lbs I lost when I was overfilled, its bound to happen when you cant drink fluids even, the minute you eat and drink your gonna put some back. I'm just glad I still kept some off and feel better.

Just hope this tiny feel will do the trick and not have me overfilled again:unsure:

I had my fill with Chris on Thursday too. He wanted to put in 1ml but I said no, I only wanted 1/2 because I was afraid of being overfilled (like Lil!) and have no-one in ACS to defill me. I would be a bit concerned about the amount he is prepared to put in when he is going back to Belgium the next day! Especially as a lot of people (including me) don't feel the real restrction from their fill until a week or so later. He wasn't able to tell me if he would be back again or not. He said he thinks there is an arrangement with his company and ACS but not sure! I asked him about Chris de Bruyne and he didn't mention working with him but did say he knew him. I was late in for my appointment but was in and out very quickly I didn't get to ask anyone if they were from this site though. Glad to see you back Allure, hopefully you're feeling a bit better. You should know better than to mention steak to me!!!!!

Hi all

I have just joined today after meeting Lil in ACS yesterday when she told me about this site.

I am so disheartened with the whole thing. I was banded in Jan '07 by Dr Jerome and have lost 14lbs total since. I have had a series of xrays, fills , un-fills and like Lil,was overfilled once which was horrific. Couldn't even keep Water down and was dehydrated and lost the head on the phone to ACS so much one day that they told me to go straight over to Owenstown and Jan came out of surgery and un-filled me.

I met with the new Belgium male nurse yesterday and he did seem to know his stuff and he aspirated and told me there was 2 cc still in (even though Jan told me he had completely emptied it!) He put in an additional 1and half cc and told me a liquid diet for 3 days.So that's where I am now. Have 3 and half cc in. I don't feel any restriction yet but am only on liquids.< /p>

I was so relieved to meet some other ladies in ACS yesterday and of course Lil, who made me feel I wasn't alone. The treatment we have received from ACS is abhorrent and I only hope this new crowd are going to sort us all out. It was great also to meet some success stories in there yesterday and see that maybe it is worth me giving it one last go as I really was thinking i'd just have to borrow more money and get the damn thing taken out.

So glad to see this does work and i'm not alone!!

:biggrin:

blk-weight.png

Edited by Gilly
ad ticker

Hi Gilly glad you found us welcome to the site will send you a PM

Hi Lil, I was there from 10.30am to about 12.30pm...had to leave quickly as it was a lot longer than I thought it would be. Still not feeling any restriction, but am gonna give it a few days.

How's everyone else doing?

x

Welcome Gilly. Don't give up. Hopefully these new Belgian nurses will be a permanent fixture in ACS and we will all get sorted out. Hopefully when you come off the liquids you will feel some restriction. If not, get straight back on for another appointment. I am up to 6mls in my band now after a year, and this is the first time I have felt real restriction. I just hope it lasts longer than a week! I have finally reached the 3 stone mark, just in time for my 1 year band anniversary. I really feel though that if I had found it easier to get fills earlier on (if I had been given fills instead of lectures!) I could have got the weight moving much faster much earlier. Anyway, hopefully I am at that elusive sweet spot now. Hope everyone is doing well.

Edited by holly123

Hi Everyone,

I've not been on the site for a week or so because I've been caught up with other stuff. Anyway, great to hear that so many of you are feeling positive and happy with the fills. I think I will ring ACS on Monday to make an appointment for another fill myself. I'm going to New York on May 7th for a week so I don't really want the appointment before then, I've heard that long flights can restrict you further and I don't want any problems for the week I'm there. I do hope that ACS have finally sorted out their fill dr's/nurses and that this aftercare facility will be available on a regular basis. Still concerned about the overfill situation but until it happens we won't know for sure how ACS will handle it. Thats all for now talk soon. :thumbup:

Hi folks,

I got a phone call from Kim this am with my next appointment for a fill which is the 29th of May. I could get used to this service!

Haven't felt any extra restriction with the additional 1ml but Frederick did say it may not make a difference until the next 1ml goes in. I'll plod along and see how it goes.

How is everyone else doing, have your fills kicked in?

Hi All,

I phoned ACS for an appointment today and I told them the last fill I'd had was in Feb with Lu. They offered me the 8th of May but as I'll be away then I asked for a later appointment and I got the 29th May at 10.00am, so its all good.:rolleyes2: