Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

(also posted on the new thread)

Coco it seems that the old thread has been moved from "introductions" to the thread "local lap band support" futhur down on the home page. If you look down at that section it is top of the list in "elsewhere". Why they felt the need to move it after a year I don't know. More to the point why weren't we notified?? confused.gif And if the UK has it's own page why doesn't Ireland. There are plenty of us on here too! smile.gif

Hi everyone,

I am still subscribed to this thread tho I have made the decision to have a bypass.As I had a consultation and almost went with ACS, I am watching the situation with interest and hope that it will be concluded satisfactorily for you all.

i am amazed that nobody has commented on the legal notice which i mentioned was in the Examiner on 19/3/08.I really think you should take note of it

I will quote you a bit of it

In the Matter Of Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Limited

Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the creditors of Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Limited will be held on April 3 at 10am at the Landsdowne Hotel, 27/29 Pembroke road, Ballsbridge Dublin 4 for the purposes set out in Sections 267 and 268 of the Companies Act 1963.

dated March 19,2008

MAPLES&CALDER

SOLICITORS FOR THE COMPANY

Honestly I Don't really care anymore, been fighting so much lately with things in my lifeI need a break to relax and enjoy. I would give another ten grand to have lost the weight i've already lost and if ACS don't continue with my aftercare i'll just get a fill else where and pay the extra money. I haven't got money to burn but it's just so much stress and hassel that it's not worth it. I think everyone is fed up talking and speculating about what might or is happening. At the moment Jerome is doing Fills in Belfast and believes he will be for the forseeable future that is enough for me.:thumbup:

Anyone watch Extreme Skinny Celebs last night? Hope i don't get that thin, bones sticking out, yuck! rekon 9stone for my height of 5'4 is about right

Hi everyone,

I am still subscribed to this thread tho I have made the decision to have a bypass.As I had a consultation and almost went with ACS, I am watching the situation with interest and hope that it will be concluded satisfactorily for you all.

i am amazed that nobody has commented on the legal notice which i mentioned was in the Examiner on 19/3/08.I really think you should take note of it

I will quote you a bit of it

In the Matter Of Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Limited

Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the creditors of Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Limited will be held on April 3 at 10am at the Landsdowne Hotel, 27/29 Pembroke road, Ballsbridge Dublin 4 for the purposes set out in Sections 267 and 268 of the Companies Act 1963.

dated March 19,2008

MAPLES&CALDER

SOLICITORS FOR THE COMPANY

Hi Penny for the moment we can only believe what we've been told which is that ACS has been sold and the new owners are taking over our aftercare. I was in Belfast on Friday for a fill with Jerome and he said he will continue to come to Belfast to look after all his patients until such time as he can come to Dublin. Its not ideal by any means I'm sure you saw my previous post a few pages back about my nightmare day but its better than nothing.

To be honest at the minute I'm more concerned about what could have happened to any of us in theatre after reading the Mail on Sunday. Its very frightening to think if there was a powercut we would have been left in total darkness:scared2: I'm happy enough at the minute I got my 1/2 ml fill which has made a big difference and hopefully the weight will start shifting again. Please God I wont need another fill now, hope to get to target with this fill:thumbup: I'm in one of my positive moods today:lol::puke: Hope your all having a good day

Honestly I Don't really care anymore, been fighting so much lately with things in my lifeI need a break to relax and enjoy. I would give another ten grand to have lost the weight i've already lost and if ACS don't continue with my aftercare i'll just get a fill else where and pay the extra money. I haven't got money to burn but it's just so much stress and hassel that it's not worth it. I think everyone is fed up talking and speculating about what might or is happening. At the moment Jerome is doing Fills in Belfast and believes he will be for the forseeable future that is enough for me.:puke:

Anyone watch Extreme Skinny Celebs last night? Hope i don't get that thin, bones sticking out, yuck! rekon 9stone for my height of 5'4 is about right

Your dead right once we're getting fills even if it is in Belfast its grand for now. I'm sure something will be sorted out soon. Didn't see the programme but have seen similar before, the things they must go thru to stay so skinny:eek:

Coco it seems that the old thread has been moved from "introductions" to the thread "local lap band support" futhur down on the home page. If you look down at that section it is top of the list in "elsewhere". Why they felt the need to move it after a year I don't know. More to the point why weren't we notified?? confused.gif And if the UK has it's own page why doesn't Ireland. There are plenty of us on here too! smile.gif

Hi Ailbhe,

Thanks for making it easier for me to find the posts:redface: I should have realised, when I check my email I have usually seen all the posts so just delete them, it was only when I opened one I saw where the thread had moved to.:puke: I'v PM'ed one of the moderators to see if we can get a thread for the Irish. In the meantime I hope all new people in Ireland can find us.:)

Hello everyone I had a 1/2 ml fill last Friday and was fine Friday, Saturday and Sunday but on Monday the band became very tight. I am very restricted at the minute and I'm just wondering has anyone else experienced this and if so how long did it last. I'm only on fluids at the minute. If it settles in a few days I'll stick it out but if not will have to have a defill again. Wonder wat the story with ACS is in a case like this with Jerome not back in the country for 3 weeks:ohmy: I cant ring ACS at the minute cause I'm in work but will do when I get home

Thanks

Lil

I had a 1 ml fill in England in January. They sent me off to eat something which I was able to eat away to my hearts content. I came back in and they inserted another 0.5. Drank my Water happily, flew home and that night took a tablet which obviously didnt agree with my stomach so spent the night being sick. I learnt not to take the tablet again on an empty stomach and things settled a bit, but I would say for 4 weeks at least I was only able to take liquids or mushies and after that only the tiniest quantities of solid food. The weight came off nicely and I was rather desperate so I didnt bother going back to England for a defill. Plus the hassle involved in taking yet more time off work and trekking over there YET again made me stick it out for longer than if an easier solution were at hand.

I'd say if it's only 0.5ml you got, stick it out taking liquids for a week and it may settle down. It would be no harm to talk to ACS however about what they plan to do for you if it doesnt settle down.

All the best

Ellen

Lil

I had a 1 ml fill in England in January. They sent me off to eat something which I was able to eat away to my hearts content. I came back in and they inserted another 0.5. Drank my Water happily, flew home and that night took a tablet which obviously didnt agree with my stomach so spent the night being sick. I learnt not to take the tablet again on an empty stomach and things settled a bit, but I would say for 4 weeks at least I was only able to take liquids or mushies and after that only the tiniest quantities of solid food. The weight came off nicely and I was rather desperate so I didnt bother going back to England for a defill. Plus the hassle involved in taking yet more time off work and trekking over there YET again made me stick it out for longer than if an easier solution were at hand.

I'd say if it's only 0.5ml you got, stick it out taking liquids for a week and it may settle down. It would be no harm to talk to ACS however about what they plan to do for you if it doesnt settle down.

All the best

Ellen

Thanks a million for getting back to me Ellen was beginning to think I was talking to myself on this thread:blushing: The problem is I'm having trouble even keeping liquids down. I reckon I'm probably dehydrated, have been sipping diorlyte (excuse spelling) and thank God its stayed down so far. I was overfilled back in November and it was a nightmare and I'm starting to get headaches and I feel dreadful again which scares me as Jerome wont be back to Belfast for 3 weeks. On the plus side I've lost 8 1/2lbs since Friday:thumbup: I rang ACS and am waiting for them to get back to me. Will post when I hear anything thanks a million

Hi Lil that was me for the last few weeks until I went back on Friday and saw Jerome - He was upset that I had not been seen sooner as its dangerous to be so dehydrated.I lost 18lbs in the 3 weeks since I had seen him i had bug as well - but it was no joke I felt terrible and the constant retching was a night mare - He wants me to get an xray as he feels that much vomiting poses potential for band slipping and if that happens.......but

He took 1/2ml out for me and the relief was instant - i have been able to drink havent lost anything since friday - but at least i havn't put it back on. Ring ACS see what they say - but dont wait too long

hope things settle soon

Loriha

hi I was just wondering will that place we are meeting in tomorrow,will it be open that early, just wondering Terry

hi I was just wondering will that place we are meeting in tomorrow,will it be open that early, just wondering Terry

Hi Terry,

Yeah don't worry they'll be open.:wink_smile: Looking forward to meeting everyone, see you then.

Hi Lil, hope you are feeling a bit better... and are keeping liquids down, Loriha is right don't let that go for long without seeing someone even your GP if you can't get ACS.

I have just phoned ACS meant to do so earlier but got distracted. They are still waiting for the IMC to issue the surgeon his number. Apparently he is in the country but cannot do fills until he gets his number! Hopefully he'll get it quick.:wink_smile:

Hi all, after some discussion, the moderators agreed that your thread no longer fell under the category of an "introduction" which is why it was agreed we would move it. We did leave a "redirect" in the introductions forum, but as there have been so many new intros recently, it probably moved quite a bit down the page.

Great to meet you all yesterday! Thanks to Elsie and Marge for the lifts - I would have been totally lost without the two of you. We should try and arrange meet ups more often, it was great to get to chat to you all without having to worry about my spelling!

Will be checking my work schedule today so I can book in with Dr DeB ASAP

Siepie