Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi Everyone

Hope all is going well and that the eggs are now just a bad dream!

Elsie, re the coughing , I wasnt warned specifically about it so I cant help Im afraid.

Coco, thanks for the kind words. Was delighted with myself all along but getting a little dejected now as I' ve swollen to whale-like proportions over the weekend even tho I'm back doing loads of walking again. Its only a week tomorrow since my Lipo but it seems like an eternity and am beginning to wonder will I ever return to normal.

The fillers sound interesting. Hadnt heard of isolagen before. Expensive? I tried Restylane coming up to my 40th and was happy with the result. I needed a lot of it though (naso-labial lines and I have some acne scars )and it worked out quite expensive (certainly over a €1000) and the result lasted only 5-6 mts. Didnt feel like spending that so often but I might be interested in a longer lasting fill. Are you getting it done in London or Dublin? Dr Delicious also has something on his website about permanent fillers but cant recall what he does exactly.

All the best

Ellen of the whale-like legs (er... do whales have legs?)

Hi lil,

I was in belfast with Jerome a couple of weeks ago and he said he'd be there on a friday once a month to do fills, and that was the same day we found out ACS had been sold so i say he probaly will. Give them a ring tomo about it.

Can't wait for the eggs to disapear, on saturday our local shop sold them off for 1 euro, My mam bought loads and gave them to us all to bring home. I live alone with my daughter.... i don't wan't her eating them and i don't want to eat them myself and i feel terrible bining them. Might bring them to her crech for the teachers.

weight is falling off since i got a fill, i only got half a mill and before i got it i could eat what i like now i can hardly eat. I miss food teribble though. would love a big dinner now.

Thanks skinny God hope I havent to wait another month for a fill:eek: will give them a ring 2moro and see what they say. I read somewhere on here theres supposed to be a surgeon waiting for registration or something so hopefully thats true. Lucky you I'm eating rings round me lately. Anytime I get a fill I'm great for about a week then I can usually eat anything again, I've yet to reach that sweet spot long term. Enjoy not being able to eat much while you can and while the weights falling off:rolleyes2:

HEy all. Hope you all had a good weekend. I was home visiting the family and listening to how fab I look :cursing:

I had a good weekend though I did have a few drinks sunday night and picked at some chocolate too, My daughter got 8 easter eggs so I am trying to find a way to get rid of them! I refuse to allow her to eat them all even if it is over a few weeks (trying to save her from a lifetime of weight watchers!). Her bio-dad(as I fondly call him - haven't seen him or heard from him since I was 3 months pregnant, about 6 years ago) was very big (18 stone at his biggest) though he had lost all that by the time I met him and the fact that I'm on here tells you about my build! So she is tall and slim but looks like she would easily put on weight if you know what I mean. I don't want to giver her an eating disorder but I want her to be healthy and I don't think eating her weight in chocolate would be a good idea!

Am looking forward to my first fill. I still have restriction which is great but I am finding myself eating more and more often (still a fraction of normal portion sizes though!)

I had to go shopping at the weekend for smaller trousers (I love my band !):biggrin:

Edited by ailbhe

Hi everyone ACS are still organising fills if anyones interested give them a ring or PM me dont want to put the details on here in case the journalist gets wind:wink2:

Hi Ellen laura here . Emailed the doctor last wednesday and still havent heard anything back. How long was it from when you first emailed him to him getting back to you? How long after that was your surgery booked. Im aiming for the 10 of June because my husband is off for the week then, so he will mind the kids and my sister will come with me. Thanks Terry

Laura

Normally he answers within a day or 2. I emailed him last Tursday and have not had a reply yet so maybe he had to take to his bed after the trauma of my Lipo job or something. Of course he may also have taken the long weekend off. Give it a few days and i'm sure you'll hear back.

Ellen

Hi All,

Oh the bloody chocolate, its everywhere! I've been picking and picking since Sunday, and there's still loads around. You would think that all the compliments that I've been getting from the relations who haven't seen me since last August would keep me motivated and away from the choccies but no the monster rears its ugly head again and again. I have to say though, even though I can eat the chocolate I can't eat the amount I was able to before the band. I mean I will pick up a piece and suck it (yeah I know, sad) and then I won't go near it for a while, then, I'll have another piece and so it goes while the chocolate is around. Before the band I would have polished it off well before Easter Sunday was over.:thumbup::redface:.

Ellen, the isolegen is done in Dublin by Patrick Tracy in the Alisbury Clinic, its not cheap about 2,500. but the way its done is this, first they take a small sample of your collegen from behind your ear, they send that to the lab and grow your own collegen, that takes about 12 weeks then you go back and they inject it into your face it takes a while to kick in but once it does it smooths out all the lines and because its your own collegen it grows and improves the condition of your skin. It lasts between 7 and 12 years. In the meantime I'm thinking of having some botox or restlyn or both.

Edited by Coco

I know!!! I have just eaten a lindt bunny!! Dark chocolate which I hate! But all the nice stuff has gone but I am still eating it! I definitely have a chocolate addiction!

I know! I was in tesco yesterday and all the eggs were half price. My other half (skinny) wanted to buy some but I refused (yay me). Thank God because when we got home we decided to get rid of all the boxes from the eggs (bin night) and we have a small box overflowing with eggs and bars. It's not fair!

HI ellen laura here the doctor got back to me he said June is available,2,500 euro for everything, but I have to pay for alipoponthy garement I wonder how much, I have to send pictures over like you said I cant wait talk later Terry

Hi Laura

Does he supply the Lipo garment even tho you pay for it? I wasnt aware that he did. He just told me to buy and bring over a "good quality lipopanty" . I bought mine over the web from a crowd called holistic garments (just google the name) in the UK but he said it was slightly looser that he'd have liked (lost some weight between ordering it and the op). It cost just over 100 euro and is like a whale-boned corset. Whales are featuring prominently in my posts of late.....

Are you going to book him for June?

Ellen

hi brenner im from ireland i use to llive in dublin but now live in cavan how are you i had my band done in belguim

Hi ellen laura here all it said was not included elastic lipopanthy garment. I will google holistic garments thanks.I sent my pictures over last night to the doctor they looked ok, no back fat so I looked good from the back. Different story from the front all belly, I dont no I think he might say Tummy Tuck, I will wait and see. Did you pay any money before hand, or all of it when you got there. talk later Terry Hi Cassiej welcome to the site you will get great support here all the girls are lovely talk soon terry

Hi, haven't been on since Jan. I was banded at ACS dublin in August 2007. So far, I have lost over 2st. But not w/o some pretty bad left shoulder pain and problems with pb'ing and vomiting-a lot of it. Jan took 1cc of Fluid out in Feb. and I have been trying to get a recheck since then. Then, got the letter last week about the 'sale' of the company or winding down or whatever they are saying.....haven't talked to anyone there since.

What is the deal for those of us who are still techinally OWED 1/2 a year of aftercare??

Jan told me in feb if my vomiting wasn't better I would need a barium swallow Xray.

I feel like a mug; I suppose I could have gone overseas, but I was worried about aftercare and rightly so.:thumbup:

I finally got to see the primetime episode last week. I have 2 young kids and barely get to watch tv or go online, so I was friggin clueless that this was even taking place.

Could someone pm me if you don't want to reply publicaly. I am in cork and someone told my a Donal Oshea would be coming to Bons Secours here, but will he be taking on Jerome's old patients. At what cost??

sorry, but I am so upset about all this, and to make matters worse, I told no one but my DH that I was even doing this, so it's not like I can vent to family or friends. I am happy with the weight loss of course, but need to get this restricition thing sorted so it is at a 'liveable' level.

Glad everyone seems to be losing more weight even with Easter eggs galore. Well done....:crying:

Thanks for reading and letting me vent ...yet again! :wub:

Hi guys, my friend suggested melting the easter eggs and making rice crispie cakes, only problem there is that I would eat them instead! Have to say although still waiting and waiting for fill in Dublin for some unknown reason weight beginning to go down again. About 1 1/2 lbs off four stone! Went to a christening last Saturday and a lot of people seemed visibley suprised at how I looked. I played it cool but boy was I smiling on the inside... Going to give ACS a ring will let ye know if any news.