Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Sorry Roe,I really don't know-husband has newspaper and hes away for the next 2 nights.There was a solicitors name on it also.Will tell him to hang on to it so I can get proper details for you.Otherwise try for the newspaper tomorrow-I think he said it was under "legal notices" on page 36-so its well hidden.

I think (please correct me if I'm wrong!) that this is normal procedure. ACS have sold because they are in debt so this would be a meeting to come to agreements with their creditors. I don't think this changes the fact that they have sold the company.

Holly

A company goes into liquidation when their assets are less than their liabilities in other words they can no longer meet their payments. I suspect they didn't own much, property leased etc. A meeting with the creditors is arranged to try and come to some arrangement with them maybe to pay off part of what is owed depending on what is left.

It's possible that the banding side of the business may have been a separate company. I hope so. Check your contract to see who your agreement is with. They would hardly have written knowing they were going into liquidation.

Marge

thanks penny holly and marge. i think we should get back to pm till this is cleared up.love roe

Did ye get the letters they were to send ye last week and what did they say?

Hi Ellen,

Most of us got letters to say that ACS had sold due to financial difficulties and that the new company had agreed to carry on with our aftercare, and that the new company would write to us shortly.

I phoned ACS the day I got the letter and was told that nothing had changed as far as the customer/patient was concerned, that everything would stay the same as regards our care and the staff, it was just the bosses that was changing.

Now this, I don't know if this will effect us as the new owners have obviously paid ACS lock stock and barrel and as they are the new owners with an agreement to continue looking after current patients I'm not sure how this will effect us. I would imagine that the people who have high court actions against ACS will be affected by this but as our care has been transfered over to the new owners I don't see the problem. Then again, I could be wrong :confused2:

Hi All

Just to let you know that primetime is on at the moment and its about ACS, not Gastric Banding specifically. Could be interesting.

Elsie

Hi Gerri, no nothing new really. Usual talk of inadequate facilities and Dr. backup. Didn't last long really.

DLC1: Welcome to the boards. Well done on your weightloss so far. How much exercise have you been doing?

Ellie-sore-Belly: How you feeling now? A whole three litres of fat gone. WOW!!

I was sharing a room with 2 elderly ladies (in Othopaedics ward as they had no bed free in Paddy's ward) and they snored and chatted all bloody night cos they couldn't sleep. Had I had more energy I'd definitely have had to smother them both with a pillow, but fortunately for all I was too weak even to do that. Feel a bit better today but fairly sore in the belly and couldnt face a flight this evening so rearranged a new one for the weekend.

Ellie-sore-belly

I know exactly how you feel. When I was having my op I was sharing with an old lady who was suffering from a fairly serious vomiting, belching, snoring and farting disease (all at once some times), not easy to handle when you are just out of the op and feeling sick. God love her really but at the time it was all about me. All my love to Paddy!!!

Dini: How'd you get on at Educo Gym. I've never heard of it. Went to Curves for a while and enjoyed it but got bored after six months and it wasnt always easy to fit in because of the opening hours. Half day Sat, Closed Sunday and closed for lunch during the week.

Elsie

Hi Gerri, no nothing new really. Usual talk of inadequate facilities and Dr. backup. Didn't last long really.

DLC1: Welcome to the boards. Well done on your weightloss so far. How much exercise have you been doing?

Ellie-sore-Belly: How you feeling now? A whole three litres of fat gone. WOW!!

I know exactly how you feel. When I was having my op I was sharing with an old lady who was suffering from a fairly serious vomiting, belching, snoring and farting disease (all at once some times), not easy to handle when you are just out of the op and feeling sick. God love her really but at the time it was all about me. All my love to Paddy!!!

Dini: How'd you get on at Educo Gym. I've never heard of it. Went to Curves for a while and enjoyed it but got bored after six months and it wasnt always easy to fit in because of the opening hours. Half day Sat, Closed Sunday and closed for lunch during the week.

Elsie

Hi Elsie,

i'll be honest with you i googled them and checked them out and found out that they use lost of supplements kinda like tony quinn stuff and to be honest i can't be bothered with that some people were saying on the boards were saying they were talking 20 tablets a day. that to me is crazy and its very expensive too. i dont mind paying for something but i didn't get a great feeeling about them after reading up on them. i'm going to just go to the usual gym and get a personal trainer again!!!

how you doing?? you feeling ok?

xx

Hi Elsie,

i'll be honest with you i googled them and checked them out and found out that they use lost of supplements kinda like tony quinn stuff and to be honest i can't be bothered with that some people were saying on the boards were saying they were talking 20 tablets a day. that to me is crazy and its very expensive too. i dont mind paying for something but i didn't get a great feeeling about them after reading up on them. i'm going to just go to the usual gym and get a personal trainer again!!!

how you doing?? you feeling ok?

xx

Hi Dini

I had a quick look on their site a while ago. It seem like a very expensive program. I think your doing the right thing with the regular gym and a personal trainer. You are soooo close to goal, its brilliant!

In general I'm doing good, no pain no at all, just the occasional twinge from the port. But I think i'm getting a cold now and everytime I sneeze there is a little pain. :( Nothing I cant handle though. Weight loss is slowing right up but thats to be expected. Have loss a stone so far.:embaressed_smile:

Elsie

Elise, wow a stone thats fab! and your not in much pain i envy you. i fainted in the toilets the day i was handed and hit my head off the sink. nightmare, i laugh now about it but at the time it was madness. the pain i was in was so horrible Laura (Terry) who is on this site was banded with me i think she taught i was crazy!! How do your fills work? are you getting them in ireland or do you have to go abroad for them??

my goal has changed! i was 14stone 4 starting off and i taught when i got to 91/2 stone i'd be happy, i'm inbetween 9st 7lb to 9st 11 i keep gaining and dropping them 4lbs. my new goal is 8stone 13lbs i know an odd choice but i'm going to go for it. i need a fill but god only knows when i'm going to get it with everything going on.

its so strange when i was bigger all i wanted was to be 10 stone and i taught i'd look amazing and now i look in the mirror i see the same person. funny how the mind works....

oh again congratulations on the stone lost thats amazing

xx

Hi Ellen, How are you feeling today?

Dini, I joined the Ben Dunne Gym Westpoint at Blanchardstown it was €650 for 3 people to join, think there is still a special offer on. I've been going roughly twice a week and to aqua fit once think its helping and although I'm loathe to admit it I am enjoying it.

I was going to ring ACS for an update but think I'll give my head a rest until after the weekend.

Hope ye all have a great weekend, I'm off to a christening tomorrow and if no one notices the weight loss there will be tears!

Hi Brenners

Good luck with it all...............

I tried everything over about 9 years........ My wifes cousin had the surgery 2 1/2 years ago and lost 12 stone, I had the surgery in November and I have lost just under 6 stone, altougth in my younger years I was very fit and I have exercised since 2 weeks after the op.

It is a good system but it is not like turning on or off a switch, 'you' have to work with it. You must watch what and how much you eat. The portion thing is so important, otherwise you will overflow, end of story and you need to be ready for it whoever is around and wherever you are.

I am suffering from reflux at the moment which is disturbing my sleep in a major way, I have only had it for about 4 nights..... Reading a post on here it is possibly due to a fill that was done to tight... at my request !about ten days ago.

A question I would ask your surgeon is,

how many fills are included in the op figure ?

What happens if you go home and in 2-3 days it is not right (lose / tight), do you go back in FOC and have it adjusted or do you have to pay for it ?

GOOD lUCK

Nu-Life

Hello everyone I've been away for a few days is there something else going on with ACS?? Will someone PM me if there is

Thanks