Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Allure, where are you??? HOw are you getting on???? When is the wedding.

Hi Alesha,

I'm sure Allure won't mind me telling you that she is doing fantastically well.:thumbup: The wedding is on Saturday and that is probably why she hasn't visited this site lately. :smile: But as of last Sunday she was just 2lbs shy of the target she set herself for her wedding.:hurray:. Go Allure.:biggrin::).

About the alcohol........ well I haven't been able to drink more than 2 glasses of wine or gin & tonic or any alcohol for that matter, for a long time. I don't know what happened to me on Saturday night, but hell if I hadn't of run out of Cranberry & Rasberry juice I could still be sitting there with the gin and juice.:lol::lol:. In my defence I have to say that I started drinking at about 8.00pm and didn't finish till 5.30am so over the course of 9hrs I suppose it wasn't too bad.:redface::redface:

Hey Coco,

Give Allure my love for WEdnesday, and tell her I said well done. After her lst post i though she had given up altogether

Thanks Coco

I used to be a rgular user just find it hard to get logged on - but will be making a concerted effort to stay in touch

cheers

Cant wait for that sweet spot I hear you all talk about

Thanks Coco

I used to be a rgular user just find it hard to get logged on - but will be making a concerted effort to stay in touch

cheers

Thanks Coco

cheers

Not sure what happened there - does anyone know who does the fill in fitzwilliam st now

I have just had a phonecall from ACS in Dublin Cancelling my appointment for a fill on tuesday she could not even give me a date in which I could have it done all she could offer was to get back to me next week and give me an update - They have no surgeon to do the fill is what she told me . When I asked was there no one else she told me no one else was allowed to do the fill - Lou did one for me before - is she gone now!!!Help I am so worried that this is the end. Is there fills available through anyone else in Ireland

Any info would be appreciated.

Hi Loriha, I had similar bother with ACS on the phone yesterday. I saw Lou last week and she said to come back in 2 weeks to either her or Jan (I'd prefer Jan as that was my first time with her). So called yesterday to book and was told no fills will be done until 1st March, only 1 appointment available with Lou. I asked was Jan back and could I book with him, was told that they had no idea if or when he was coming back. So I told the girl - Lynne - that I wanted to speak to someone in management as this was important to me. Kim then called me back and said that Jan was still here but that they had no dates for him in the forseeable future and that they would soon, I said I'd prefer to see him, she asked any reason why and I just said because he's my surgeon, Lou is just a nurse and that I had only seen her once. She then started to question the amount of times that I had been in with them, I decided not to go into the fact that after 7 fills, only 3 of them have actually gotten into my band...I was in work and couldn't go into too much detail in case I was overheard. So she convinced me to see Lou for the moment on 1st and said I could call back to enquire about Jan. This has left me realyl worried again, I told Kim that she should tell Lynne what's happening as she seems to have a different story when you call, she just asked that in future if I'm calling ACS could I ask to speak directly to her.....all very suspicious, really annoying. I just want to be able to see my surgeon, it's not a lot to ask after paying out 10K for procedure with aftercare included. My GP really didn't want me to go to ACS, said they were cowboys, God he was right, should have listened. If it ends up that I have to go elsewhere and pay for fills I will but I'll also look into what action can be taken against ACS for breach of contract.

Hello everyone I've been following your thread for last few months. I was banded in ACS in early 2007 by Jerome. I'm just wondering what everyone put on their MED1 form about the surgery? Do I just put stomach surgery on it??? I'm going to send mine in now but I'm worried they'll look for a letter from my GP as I haven't told him I had the op:confused2:

Hi Folks,

Im worried and a little confused.

I was banded in ACS in Oct '07. Ive steadly lost weight which i am thrilled about. I saw my surgeon (Mr Makarewicz) 6wks later and he was happy with my weight loss. He said I didnt need a fill as the band was providing enough restriction itself.

In the last 3weeks the amount of food I have been able to consume has slowly decreased (Yes DEcreased!). When i ate i began throwing up so ive just kept reducing my portion sizes (presuming i was doing something wrong like not chewing carefully enough ect) I went to my GP who told me i have "the winter vomiting" bug so i didnt worry too much about little amout food i was consuming. I thought "ah tummy bug.. it'll pass".

But i am now at the stage where im eating no food atall. The smallest portion, of even just Soup makes me feel over-full and get sick So im Just sipping Water. As a result of no food and possible dehydration my blood pressure dropped, i became dizzy and fainted in the shower (no serious injury just a brused back-side mainly). Im really worried that the "over restriction" may be a sign that my band has slipped. I phoned ACS and they've been very vage with me. I told them i need an appointment urgent and ive got lots of stories from different people- (eg... computer systems are down... theres no one there to see me right now.. )

Im starting to panic.

I spoke to a nurse in ACS and discribed my symptoms. Waiting for a call back from her today. Im worried that i might have band-slippage and need surgery. Or worse still that they might suggest "removal".

I looked up the website and just discovered that they're no longer offering Lap-Band surgery. Is this having an effect on the standard of aftercare im still entitled to ? any onelse having problems ? What should i do ?

Im sorry for the long post. Just really fretting now.

Thanks

3na

Hi Atimeforachange, I don't blame you for fretting. If you are only able to keep minimal amount of fluids down ACS need to see you as soon as possible. I would keep ringing, emailing and generally tormenting them until you get an answer. I saw Jan in January and was told to come back in 3 months however I am slowly able to eat more over the last few weeks so feel a fill is due sooner rather than later. I will give Kim a ring and see what sort of response I get.

Gerri

Atimeforachange, go to your GP asap!

I passed out in the shower a few years ago. Was a combination of the heat, very low Iron levels and low blood sugars. You should probably have an x ray and get bloods taken to measure your Vitamin and mineral levels and suss out what is going on with your band. If you can't get that done with ACS then don't wait around. Just go to your GP.

BTW I'm a bit brain dead these days. Confirmed the op with Dr. Chris and realised I've been saying the 25th is the date for the op but thats the day I fly out. Op is the 26th. D'oh!

Hi Lil

Firstly, congrats on your excellent weightloss. By my calculations from your ticker we are exactly the same weight now. I love it!

In my experience the tax office seem to look for receipts when the claim is large - and especially if its substantially larger than previous years. I put down "gastric band surgery for obesity" which is essentially what my receipt said. If I were you I'd put down whatever the receipt from ACS says and if you're in a hurry to get your rebate I'd err on the side of caution and send in the receipts with the claim to save a delay of several weeks. In previous years I have always sent in my receipts (even though you dont have to) and I get my cheque 2 weeks later. This year I sent in a claim online and didnt send in any recieipts. 7 weeks later I'm still waiting due to the delay of them having to look at it first, then write out looking foir receipts and then its back at the bottom of the queue again when you do send the receipts in. It'll take way longer again if they start looking for GP letters.

Coco

You were asking about cost of arm lift. With the guy Im going to its carried out in a hospital not a clinic and it costs 2200 Euro under sedation (not general anaesthetic). He's got lots of fans on wlsinfo and is in the same hospital as Chris de Bruyne. Full body liposculpture (as opposed to liposuction which apparently is riskier, involves more bruising and more pain) costs 2500 and Tummy Tuck with muscle repair (which incidentally shrinks your waist by at least 4 inches) costs 2700. In due course I'll report back as regards the pain element.....don't actually care about the pain - just want to see bucketfulls of fat being hoovered out!!!!!

Ellen

Dear Atimeforchange

It does sound like a possible slip seeing as this appears to have happened out of the blue when things were going well and not directly after a fill. Keep hounding them. It's an absolute disgrace that they are failing to be supportive to not just you but seemingly many people on this site. Maybe people should start mentioning the Joe Duffy show..... I have hinted at this on a number of occasions in the past when I felt hard done by (not regarding medical matters but other stuff) and it is quite astonishing how the attitude changes and things that were quite impossible a few moments earlier magically become feasible....

best of luck

ellen

Hi Lil

Coco

You were asking about cost of arm lift. With the guy Im going to its carried out in a hospital not a clinic and it costs 2200 Euro under sedation (not general anaesthetic). He's got lots of fans on wlsinfo and is in the same hospital as Chris de Bruyne. Full body liposculpture (as opposed to liposuction which apparently is riskier, involves more bruising and more pain) costs 2500 and Tummy Tuck with muscle repair (which incidentally shrinks your waist by at least 4 inches) costs 2700. In due course I'll report back as regards the pain element.....don't actually care about the pain - just want to see bucketfulls of fat being hoovered out!!!!!

Ellen

Hey Ellen,

thanks for that, as soon as I've paid off the loan for the Band I want to get my arms done, not sure about the stomach yet as I'm still in love with Spanx. But please keep me informed as to how you get on. I'm with you there on the pain, it'll be so worth it.