Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Baint taitnimh as lá le Féile Pádraig. :thumbup::biggrin:

Hi All,

Hope you all have enjoyed Paddy's day. Lil, I wouldn't go near Dublin City Parade in a fit. When we were kids we all got to see the Parade waving our little flags around because there weren't so many people there. Now its huge and there is so much going on there are thousands of people there. I brought my two up to Dundrum shopping centre and they had the tri colour and shamrocks painted on their faces, did some art, got some ballon shapes thingys and then posed for a picture for the Gazette so not a bad day and all for free, except for the tenner they got out of me to buy stuff.

Now about Belgium, its a date then, we're all off to Dr Yummy this time next year!:) Or sooner if we can get a group discount.:biggrin: Who's for ARMS who's for TUMMY and who's for Lipo and who's for all three:lol::lol::lol:.

Edited by Coco

All three please Coco. Though I might need more time than a year!

I brought my 5 year old to the local parade. Last year she whined that it was cold etc but this year I had a plan! The parade route runs right past my office so myself and the other 3 gals I work with arranged a little party upstairs for the kids with them hanging out the windows. No standing for hours, getting wet or hungry and we were able to see everything.

Only dowside was being in work over the bank holiday and seeing the pile of work on my desk :)

Oh, and trying to pretend I didn't want all the yummy food they had. I've told them I'm on a diet so they weren't too pushy but the admiration for my will power was a little guilt inducing :thumbup:. Oh well.

Now about Belgium, its a date then, we're all off to Dr Yummy this time next year!:thumbup: Or sooner if we can get a group discount.:) Who's for ARMS who's for TUMMY and who's for Lipo and who's for all three:lol::lol::lol:.

Coco, you forgot BOOBS, I want, well need some Boobs.:biggrin::biggrin:

Hi Girlies

Ye all sound like model mothers unlike me, who has abandoned my poor hungry miserable little critters on Paddys weekend in order to be nipped and tucked (oh lord, I was going to say something meaning (lipo)suctioned but rhyming with 'tucked' ..........only I stopped myself in time in the interests of decency).

Anyway, this country is so efficient. Mary Harney should be forcibly sent out here for a stint. I had an appt with Dr Chris deBruyne at 3 today for my 2 cl defill (not the whole lot interestingly) before my General anaesthetic tomorrow. Did some shopping in Brussels itself in the morning then took a cab out to Melsbroek where Dr C's home surgery is. First of all, there were plenty taxis to be had, there was hardly any traffic delay even though it was lunchtime. Arrived at Dr C's, was seen straight away (one patient leaving as I arrived, another arriving as I left). Took my medical history, found the port first time, whipped out 2 cl, plaster on, made appt for refill on Wednesday evening, offered me a band x-ray if I want one, told me Dedonckers was a fine surgeon, had a general chat about lapbanding in Ireland, paid him his 50 Euro, he called a taxi and off I go - all in 10 minutes. Taxi arrived 2 mins later.

By the way, he's going to be in Dublin on the 3rd or 4th of April and will do fills for anyone that wants them.

Now, he's seems a really nice man but wouldn't be quite as decorative now as my 'ladeen'. I think I'll call my boy Paddy anymore (Dr Yummy's first name is Patrick in case I'm confusing anyone).. in honour of St Patrick and all.

As regards future 'interventions', I'm here making a list of what I'll get done assuming (a) I survive tomorrow (:thumbup: I win the lotto. Alternatively, I suppose, I could sell a couple of the kids... or send them out sweeping chimneys or something.

Arms progressing nicely - havent seen them yet cos of bandages - but incredibly itchy and I'm constantly scratching (as my friend living in Belgium said to me earlier "like a dog with mange". )

Hope ye're all well

EllieBellie soon to be EllieBellieGone

I thought that about how efficient everything was in Belgium. We were in the city centre a good bit and I didn't see one traffic jam! Same with visiting melsbroek. I asked at the hotel reception for a taxi and as soon as I said Melsbroek the guy said "ah you are going to see ze doctur". Taxi driver knew where the house was and we were waiting 5 minutes to go in, in there about 15 minutes and taxi arrived about 2 mins after it was called.

I think "ze docturs" are big business over there and they seem to think we're all very rich "English ladies". I had to point out to the nurses that them calling me English was the same as me calling them French. They got the point!

Best of luck today Ellen with the tuck'n'suck (I don't mind saying it, I have no shame! :shades_smile:)

Dr Chris is in Dublin on April 3rd. If anyone wants the phone number to book a fill (€120) just give me a shout and I'll pm them with it. Think it'son his website anyway.

Coco, you forgot BOOBS, I want, well need some Boobs.:shades_smile::biggrin:

Yes i want my boobs done too! i want a reduction and an uplift... this cosmetic surgery is addictive if only i had the money. what are we like, we'll be Glamour models soon with our hot new bodies.

Lá le Féile Pádraig agaibh ag baint taitnimh as. :shades_smile::biggrin:

Hi All,

Hope you all have enjoyed Paddy's day. Lil, I wouldn't go near Dublin City Parade in a fit. When we were kids we all got to see the Parade waving our little flags around because there weren't so many people there. Now its huge and there is so much going on there are thousands of people there. I brought my two up to Dundrum shopping centre and they had the tri colour and shamrocks painted on their faces, did some art, got some ballon shapes thingys and then posed for a picture for the Gazette so not a bad day and all for free, except for the tenner they got out of me to buy stuff.

Now about Belgium, its a date then, we're all off to Dr Yummy this time next year!:teeth_smile: Or sooner if we can get a group discount.:thumbup: Who's for ARMS who's for TUMMY and who's for Lipo and who's for all three:lol::thumbup::lol:.

Hi Coco,

I'm for the whole package, arms, tummy, thighs, boobs don't know if I'd go as far as the bumsadaisey!

Ellen, hope all went well and that your Saint Patrick treats you with TLC.

I spoke to ACS today and they say they have a surgeon for Dublin just waiting for his registration to go through the IMC. Hope to have that sorted by next week.

HI ALL!!

GOODNESS ITS BEEN AGES SINCE I'VE POSTED BUT I'VE BEEN READING A YOUR POSTS AS MUCH AS I CAN!

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GEAT PADDY'S WEEKEND AND ISN;T SUFFERING TOO MUCH!

ADD ME TO THIS LIST OF NIP AND TUCKING,

BOOBS ENLARGED

TUMMY TUC

LOTS OF Lipo TO THE INNER LEGS!!!!

...........................................................................................................

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF EDUCOGYM?? I'M GOING THERE TOMORROW FOR A CONSULTATION I THINK ITS LIKE A CURVES TYPE PLACE, ITS ONLY 20 MINS 3 TIMES A WEEK (YA GOTTA LOVE THAT!!!) IF ANYONE HAD EVER BEEN LET ME KNOW YOUR VIEWS,

1.30 AM I;M OFF TO BED WRECKED AFTER WORK HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL

XXX

Hi Girlies

Ye all sound like model mothers unlike me, who has abandoned my poor hungry miserable little critters on Paddys weekend in order to be nipped and tucked (oh lord, I was going to say something meaning (lipo)suctioned but rhyming with 'tucked' ..........only I stopped myself in time in the interests of decency).

Anyway, this country is so efficient. Mary Harney should be forcibly sent out here for a stint. I had an appt with Dr Chris deBruyne at 3 today for my 2 cl defill (not the whole lot interestingly) before my General anaesthetic tomorrow. Did some shopping in Brussels itself in the morning then took a cab out to Melsbroek where Dr C's home surgery is. First of all, there were plenty taxis to be had, there was hardly any traffic delay even though it was lunchtime. Arrived at Dr C's, was seen straight away (one patient leaving as I arrived, another arriving as I left). Took my medical history, found the port first time, whipped out 2 cl, plaster on, made appt for refill on Wednesday evening, offered me a band x-ray if I want one, told me Dedonckers was a fine surgeon, had a general chat about lapbanding in Ireland, paid him his 50 Euro, he called a taxi and off I go - all in 10 minutes. Taxi arrived 2 mins later.

By the way, he's going to be in Dublin on the 3rd or 4th of April and will do fills for anyone that wants them.

Now, he's seems a really nice man but wouldn't be quite as decorative now as my 'ladeen'. I think I'll call my boy Paddy anymore (Dr Yummy's first name is Patrick in case I'm confusing anyone).. in honour of St Patrick and all.

As regards future 'interventions', I'm here making a list of what I'll get done assuming (a) I survive tomorrow (:Dancing_biggrin: I win the lotto. Alternatively, I suppose, I could sell a couple of the kids... or send them out sweeping chimneys or something.

Arms progressing nicely - havent seen them yet cos of bandages - but incredibly itchy and I'm constantly scratching (as my friend living in Belgium said to me earlier "like a dog with mange". )

Hope ye're all well

EllieBellie soon to be EllieBellieGone

Hi Ellen,

Good luck with the surgery today. I'll be thinking of you. You are so right about Mary Harney, its ridiculous the state of affairs in Irish Hospitals when we see what can be achieved in Europe. :lol: Thanks for the information on the Fill Doctor, its good to know that we won't be left in the lurch if it all goes belly up with ACS. Seriously though, you have really spurred me on to checking out plastics for myself, I'm so impressed with your comments about Belgium and also Ailbhe and Elsie you have all had so much praise for both the doctors and the hospital. Hope the itching eases for you, good sign though it means they are getting better. Maybe you could ask for a antihistamine to help ease the itch.

Hi Brenners, I too live in Ireland (north) I had the proceedure carried out in the south in June last year, at first I found it difficult and weight loss frustratingly slow. However 9 months on I have lost almost 7 stone. Dr Jorome Macaneau carried out the proceedure and I have found him to be very good. I would be interested to see how you get on. All the best. DLC1.

Hi DLC

My goodness, 7 stone in 9 months is fantastic. I went to Healthier Weight centre in the UK myslef so I dont know as much about ACS as the other girls here... except that they love Jerome and he's sorely missed.

Best of luck with the weightloss, how much more are you aiming for?

Ellen

Hi girls

Just thought I'd hop online to let you know my friend Paddy has just been here in the hotel to check on me again. Na na na na na!

One tip for you all for free, if youre offered sedation or General Anaesthetic, you smile, nod and quickly say please to sedation before they change their minds. You dont let notions of squamishness enter the equation. (After all, you dont HAVE to demand to see the bit he cuts off like I did, even though it was strangely interesting to see these massive fat cells that used be me).

There's absolutely no comparison between how I felt after sedation and after the GA. I was a subdued little poor wretch alright yesterday. I vomited in the evening (as I usually do after a GA) and that set off a some bleeding from the tiny Lipo incisions(well actually a mix of blood and the Fluid they inect in). Apparently it was quite normal and they were very reassuring but the gush of what looked like blood frightened me... so I stayed in the hospital for the night (I'd have gotten a long weekend in the Four Seasons for the price - €400).

I was sharing a room with 2 elderly ladies (in Othopaedics ward as they had no bed free in Paddy's ward) and they snored and chatted all bloody night cos they couldn't sleep. Had I had more energy I'd definitely have had to smother them both with a pillow, but fortunately for all I was too weak even to do that. Feel a bit better today but fairly sore in the belly and couldnt face a flight this evening so rearranged a new one for the weekend.

In the midst of my angst I even turned to God and rashly promised that if (a)I didnt die (which seemed like a distinct possibility to me at the time) and (:biggrin: got over the dizziness, I'd devote myself henceforth to charitable acts, prayer on a regular basis and would even start bringing the kids to mass. It appears I even told hubby that I wouldnt poke him in the back for snoring anymore. Oh yes, he was quick enough to remind me of that first thing this morning! Anyway, I'm sure God will understand if I reconsider my options in a couple of days .....ie delegate some prayer -related tasks to hubby.

Re the lipo, he took out 3 litres from my tummy, hips thighs and knees.

He could only have taken out 1.5 to 2 litres by sedation and local anaesthetic and it would have been way less painful. I must say that I will look at biscuits in a different light (food of Satan) from now on .... or so she sez now anyway with her sore tummy. I am wearing a ghastly corset type affair going from my knees to just under my boobs but I do notice a rather pleasing curve to my waist I must say.

Gotta go folks and rest my new tum tum. When ye are all meeting out here this time next year, maybe I'll come too and bring ye all to meet my boy Paddy. After all, ye'll be sore and not up to much, t'would be a shame to let him go to waste, n'est ce pas?????

Ellie-sore-belly

Hi girls

Just thought I'd hop online to let you know my friend Paddy has just been here in the hotel to check on me again. Na na na na na!

One tip for you all for free, if youre offered sedation or General Anaesthetic, you smile, nod and quickly say please to sedation before they change their minds. You dont let notions of squamishness enter the equation. (After all, you dont HAVE to demand to see the bit he cuts off like I did, even though it was strangely interesting to see these massive fat cells that used be me).

There's absolutely no comparison between how I felt after sedation and after the GA. I was a subdued little poor wretch alright yesterday. I vomited in the evening (as I usually do after a GA) and that set off a some bleeding from the tiny Lipo incisions(well actually a mix of blood and the Fluid they inect in). Apparently it was quite normal and they were very reassuring but the gush of what looked like blood frightened me... so I stayed in the hospital for the night (I'd have gotten a long weekend in the Four Seasons for the price - €400).

I was sharing a room with 2 elderly ladies (in Othopaedics ward as they had no bed free in Paddy's ward) and they snored and chatted all bloody night cos they couldn't sleep. Had I had more energy I'd definitely have had to smother them both with a pillow, but fortunately for all I was too weak even to do that. Feel a bit better today but fairly sore in the belly and couldnt face a flight this evening so rearranged a new one for the weekend.

In the midst of my angst I even turned to God and rashly promised that if (a)I didnt die (which seemed like a distinct possibility to me at the time) and (:tt2: got over the dizziness, I'd devote myself henceforth to charitable acts, prayer on a regular basis and would even start bringing the kids to mass. It appears I even told hubby that I wouldnt poke him in the back for snoring anymore. Oh yes, he was quick enough to remind me of that first thing this morning! Anyway, I'm sure God will understand if I reconsider my options in a couple of days .....ie delegate some prayer -related tasks to hubby.

Re the lipo, he took out 3 litres from my tummy, hips thighs and knees.

He could only have taken out 1.5 to 2 litres by sedation and local anaesthetic and it would have been way less painful. I must say that I will look at biscuits in a different light (food of Satan) from now on .... or so she sez now anyway with her sore tummy. I am wearing a ghastly corset type affair going from my knees to just under my boobs but I do notice a rather pleasing curve to my waist I must say.

Gotta go folks and rest my new tum tum. When ye are all meeting out here this time next year, maybe I'll come too and bring ye all to meet my boy Paddy. After all, ye'll be sore and not up to much, t'would be a shame to let him go to waste, n'est ce pas?????

Hi Ellen,

Oh you poor thing, sounds awful, hope you're feeling better now. You are one tough cookie getting all these done at the same time. I suppose you might as well go through the pain once instead of dragging it out over several sessions. You must be under your goal weight by now. You'll have to make our next little get together with your before photos so we can all see how well you've done. :biggrin:

Have a safe trip home.:thumbup:

I feel horrible posting this and knowing how heartbroken you are all going to feel. My husband has just spotted a liquidation notice in the legal section of The Irish Examiner for Advanced Cosmetic Surgery.

Its a notice and not an article.It says that there will be a creditors meeting in the Lansdown Hotel on 3rd April. I am so sorry.

Edited by penny2

hi penny, i dont understand what that means. does it mean the sale was a load of BS?. TO KEEP US QUIET FOR A WHILE.