Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hey Kermit.

yeah got my first fill today. It was fine getting it no pain. But Jerome wasnt there, Tara done it which was fine with me. She did weigh me ona different set of scales and according to that one i have lost nothing :) . I was a bit upset but she said not to worry as it could take one or two fills for me to start feeling restriction and she stressed that everybody is different so try not to fret that it might happen to you!!!!!!!

I ate more than ever today since my op, i think its very wierd. I think it might be in my head though.

Im hoping now with the kids back in school, me out walking and im also back in work next week after been off for 3 1/2 months, I will get myself into a routine and fingers crossed i will start losing.

Im getting married next May which is only 8 months away and i want to be down a few dress sizes by December so I can start looking for a dress.

Can you not see Jerome in Galway, I though he travelled around the Country?

Enough about me, how is you? Do you know what you are down. If your not down though dont worry, its only been six weeks on Friday, seems longer though!!!!!!!

Ok better be off the me leaba now for some well earned sleep, im knackered.

Nighty night

hi Skinny - thinking of you and hope the eating is manageable. I know how hard it is to forego pizza when there is little restriction!

Hi Laura - thanks so much for the med1 information...I am definitely applying for that asap!

Hi Alesha - I got a call on Thurs to say that the Dr is not available and I was deferred for my fill AGAIN! Starting to panic a little bit because my weightloss went from 8lbs back to 2lbs in six weeks. This is like Atkins and Weightwatchers all over again - after the intitial flush of success I wreck it all for myself and feel miserable. I'm going to have to ring the clinic and try to organise a fill asap. But after rearranging my entire life TWICE to free up the guts of a whole day for fills - I am disappointed. I am back in school teaching now and it is difficult to get time off....wonder if they do fills etc on Saturdays...hmm. Pressure, stress, and misery contributed a bit (in addition to lack of willpower) to me eating SIX Cadbury snack bars today IN ONE SITTING. Worst binge ever - even before band. They didn't even hit the sides as they went down their chocolatey seductive way...like a whale eating a goldfish.

Sorry to moan - have just kicked my own ass for that and resolve to start afresh! :heh: When I got the op I secretly fantasised about being 3 stone down for my friend's wedding in November. Now I will have to find EXTRA STRENGTH MIRACLE knickers.....:o

Hey Kermit,

Hugs for you!!!! Try not to fret too much, im in the same boat as you.

You should ring the surgery and explain your situation that you cant keep orgainsing the time off work and then rearrange everything when THEY cancelled. Its not fair, I mean we paid them alot of money.

Tara done my first fill maybe if you ring up and say you wouldnt mind Tara doing your fill. Oh and im sure they do fills on the weekend.

Im going to go in next week and look for another fill. I dont feel this has worked at all. I need to start shifting asap as I have to get a wedding dress for next May and i wanted to have it picked and ordered by December. I can still do that but I will proably only down 1 or 2 sizes:help:.

Ill see you on here during the week!!!!!!

hi everbody, im new to this site . i was banded on 28th june with acs .At my first check up i was down 5kilos then i went on hols and gained most of that back. i got my first fill on 22nd of august and so far dont feel any restriction..... is this normal...... im finding it so hard to keep my head out of the fridge ..... im back in acs tomorrow for check up so im hoping they might do something ......... i know if i am down its only because im refusing to allow myself overeat and im hungry...... maybe someone can awnser a few questions for me.......

What is the sweet spot....

Did you all ask what size your band is ..............

Do you all ask how much of a fill you are getting.........

Where do i get the med1 form and do i need to get a reciept from acs to apply for this tax back , as i never got one ...............

thanks girls , keep up the good work . you are all giving me new hope.....:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

What is the sweet spot....

Did you all ask what size your band is ..............

Do you all ask how much of a fill you are getting.........

Where do i get the med1 form and do i need to get a reciept from acs to apply for this tax back , as i never got one ...............

Hi TT,

The sweet spot is when you have restriction which allows you to lose 1-2lbs a week while eating healthily.

Jerome only uses a 8ml band which can be filled to max 7mls.

Yes its good to know how much of a fill you are getting. Usually we get 2mls with the op. Then 4 to 6 weeks later its one ml and then as recommended which can be .5 to 1ml monthly but it differs from person to person.

Dont know about the med 1 form but I'm sure you'll get it from ACS.

You get the Med1 from the tax office or you can do it on line ,you do it at the start of every tax year.I do every year and get back about 900-1300 it is for all your hospital visits and doctors app. Once you pay tax you get money back

Terry

hi all

thanks a million for the kind words, Alesha. I was on to the clinic today and have a fill booked for 20th Sept. Can't wait! I am hoping that it will do the trick. Skinny and Alesha - I am so sorry that your fill isn't working out. I read on some of the forae that a few people didn't feel the restriction kick in for a couple of weeks for some strange reason....Hope it happens for you.

Skinny, sorry to say I haven't a clue about putting pics in the signature:confused:

Welcome Twinkle Toes and hope it works out for you on the next fill.

The MED1 form is available on ros.ie. It is a pain to sign up for doing tax stuff online so you might be faster calling up. I can send it to you as an adobe attachment if you PM me and give me the email address.

go neirí libh lads.

hi everyone!

hope everyone is well!

there is going to be a meeting on Saturday 29th September. let me know if your free.

usually we meet up in Sandyford but it doesn't suit some people. Let me know if it dont suit so we'll try change place if not it will be at the usual spot of Bewelys Hotel.

anyways let me know what suits and i'll try my best to suit everyone

all the best

Dini

HI Dini yes I will be there on the 29. I am going to ring up now and see can I get a fill next week,if so I will have 5ml in my band . I have no restriction,well done on your weight loss you are doing great, talk soon Terry

Hi Dini,

Sorry can't make the 29th as its my son's birthday. Next time I'd love to come.

hi girls thanks for all your help. i had my fill on monday and so far so good i can realy feel the difference. id love to join you all on the 29th if thats ok..........