Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on the stage III diet and I noticed that boiled Pasta is on the list. I am 4 weeks out today. When did you first eat Pasta, or do you even???

Hey, wait a minute, not fair! Pasta is not on my stage III diet. It is at the very end of all my paperwork in the "Things to Avoid" section. :grumble, grumble:

Wow! Pasta ... with a sleeve ... on stage III ...

Is this regular Pasta or some kind of pasta alternative? I was about 6 months post before I tried my first bite. I can definitely feel it expand in my stomach. Just like breads and rice. Are those on you plan at this stage, too?

Also, I avoid pasta, just like I avoid breads, rice and potatoes, because for the amount of real estate they take up, they just don't have the nutritional bang for the buck.

Perhaps a bite of pasta after you have all of your Protein and "good" carbs in, but by that time, you will most likely be full, so ...

I thought it was strange also, that's why I asked. It just says Boiled Pasta. My family is having Baked Ziti tonight and I was going to try a few bites. I'm conflicted I understand the reasons you were talking about Pdx! Thanks!

I've eaten Pasta several times - probably after the 4 month mark. I never had a desire for it after surgery. But my mom served it for lunch, so I had some. It turns out that Pasta is a trigger food for me. I get hungrier the more I eat - until I'm at the bursting point. So I avoid or severely limit it now.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/blog/9018/entry-31170-confession-time-the-spaghetti-monster-almost-got-me/

Edited by joatsaint

I've eaten Pasta several times - probably after the 4 month mark. I never had a desire for it after surgery. But my mom served it for lunch, so I had some. It turns out that Pasta is a trigger food for me. I get hungrier the more I eat - until I'm at the bursting point. So I avoid or severely limit it now.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/blog/9018/entry-31170-confession-time-the-spaghetti-monster-almost-got-me/

I guess there is only one way to find out, right....lol!

Ive had a few bites of low-carb pasta( dreamfields) and that's about all I want.

My doctor said no rice, bread or Pasta for a minimum of 6 months as well. That said, I'm 3 months out and had a few ravioli the other night (like 3 small ones) and had no issues at all with them...

Whole wheat Pasta and brown rice are on my list of approved foods for weeks 2-6. I haven't tried any yet (5 weeks out) but will eventually. I was never a big bread eater before surgery so I don't think carbs are a "trigger" for me.

I don't bother with Pasta hardly at all. I might have a couple of mouthfuls if its in a lasagne.. Other than that, it just seems like a big waste of space....

Doesn't taste of much and whoomf, it expands and can make you feel crappy... I wouldn't bother, if you're not hankering for it. :)

Pasta/rice are serious triggers for me. I've decided to allow myself starchy veggies (eventually) including an occasional potato, but I'm going grain free otherwise. Even though I can eat very little, I know I will try to stuff myself. Plus I know it slows down weight loss, and I don't need that stress.

Rice, Pasta, and bread are all on my "foods to avoid" list too.

Wow my doctor must be strict. I am a week post of. For the 1st 2 weeks I am on liquids only and it's the gross bariactric Protein products. Nothing else! I also have to strain my Soup. They don't want anything to get stuck while healing. I don't think I can ever eat pasta...

My NUT has Pasta on our stage 3 plan. It has to be very mushy, over cooked pasta. She said it has to squish between your fingers liked canned veggies.

Thanks everyone! I allowed myself a few ziti and all is well...so far!

I eat my Protein serving 1st. Pasta was like a fetish to me pre-sleeve. Can't tell you how many times I salivated over it. Now, most pasta, even with sauce, tastes so bland I'm not interested in eating it.