Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regret to REJOICE! Newbies listen up :-)

New sleevers, just a heads up....redemption is just around the corner. For all my whining and complaining about pureed food and the disgust of Protein Shakes, I'm pleased to say the Felipe (my sleeve) transitioned to soft foods like a CHAMP!!! Not a single issue so far.

For my doc, soft foods or mushies is not a technically what they call this stage...i went from purees to softer table foods.....which seemed like a huge leap when i have been drinking food for 4 weeks...when the told me Tuesday i could eat regular food (with some obvious exception) i was terrified...i wanted to hug my Ninja blender and never let it go...lol

This week so far I've had baked chicken on the bone, greek yogurt, cantaloupe, blueberries, refried Beans, cottage cheese, jumbo shrimp with cocktail and tiny piece of chocolate...

I felt sooooo human and normal....it went down fine with no issue....i still cant believe it...

As an added bonus I'm down 2 more pounds. Regret is starting to turn into rejoice!

Just had to share with the folks in the dreaded first few weeks...hopefully your transition will be wonderful.

Shelby

Oh goodness thank you for a glimmer of hope...it all looks so agonizing in the beginning but as long as it passes, Imma be ready to rejoice, soon hopefully!!

I'm on puréed right now I hardly eat because I'm scared. I start soft solids on Saturday and I'm scared too lol. I've had Greek yogurt egg cottage cheese baybel cheese and up to now everything has settled with my stomach just fine but I'm scared to try "normal" food when I get to soft solids Sat.

I'm on solid food. I had a tiny bit of salsa with my scrambled eggs and cheese this morning and I shouldn't have had the salsa. I've eaten the eggs and bacon before so I don't believe it was them. I've got a bit of acid reflux going on. Living in South Texas I've eaten salsa like ketchup. Oh well. I STILL won't trade salsa for how much better I feel.

I'm on puréed right now I hardly eat because I'm scared. I start soft solids on Saturday and I'm scared too lol. I've had Greek yogurt egg cottage cheese baybel cheese and up to now everything has settled with my stomach just fine but I'm scared to try "normal" food when I get to soft solids Sat.

I was scared tooo....I just thought....this little tummy is not ready....I was STUNNED to learn that she was more than ready....so wierd....

Its like the sleeve is crabby till it gets real food...it knows what to do.

Shel

I'm on solid food. I had a tiny bit of salsa with my scrambled eggs and cheese this morning and I shouldn't have had the salsa. I've eaten the eggs and bacon before so I don't believe it was them. I've got a bit of acid reflux going on. Living in South Texas I've eaten salsa like ketchup. Oh well. I STILL won't trade salsa for how much better I feel.

I love bacon....how far out are you? Turkey bacon or pork? All bacon is yummy...lol

Shel

My plan is so different. I can only have liquids, pudding, yogurt, Soup broth, oatmeal or malt-o-meal until 5 weeks an 3 days. After that - anything with introducing is slowly and chewing a lot. I am on week 3 and sick of liquids. Nice to know things can go so well, though!

I love bacon....how far out are you? Turkey bacon or pork? All bacon is yummy...lol

Shel

BabySheldon,

I'm 5 weeks out. Regular pork bacon. It may have been where I got the eggs, cheese and bacon from. I'm lucky, or unlucky, however you look at it, to have a cafe in the 6 story office building I work in. It probably was cooked in oil and it may have been too much oil. When I'm home and I scramble eggs I use very little of the spray for the non-stick pan. Fortunately, the acid reflux wasn't that bad and it didn't last long.

By the way, I love bacon too. Like Homer Simpson would say OOOOOHHHHHHH BAAAAACCCCOOOONNNN!

I was scared tooo....I just thought....this little tummy is not ready....I was STUNNED to learn that she was more than ready....so wierd.... Its like the sleeve is crabby till it gets real food...it knows what to do. Shel

This is good to hear.

I'm from Houston Tx still live here so I know how salsa is a "must" for most foods. I haven't had any yet though.