Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before I get worried ..need assurance please.. I am almost 4wks post op..I just returned to my job and I work in an office..but my stomach has started giving me pain not awful but just nagging type. I know I'm still healing is this healing pains???

Hi! About 7 months post-op here.

I'm so sorry you're in pain! I can tell you that the first few weeks were pretty difficult for me. Any time I moved my midsection, it felt like I was being stabbed. Keep in mind- they have to get through your abdominal muscles to get to your stomach, so those muscles are still healing, and that is a painful process! I felt pain in my abdomen for nearly 3 months after, but I also generally heal very slowly.

Everyone heals differently. If you're super concerned ask your doctor, but pain is certainly part of the healing process, in my experience!

xx Quinn

Thank you so much!! Im was thinking I pulled something apart..lol

Yeah! It can be scary to still be experiencing pain! I can tell you that a bit of pain is normal, and even up until 2 months ago, I was consistently feeling pressure when I stretched my abdomen. The port is firmly attached to the inside of your abdominal muscles, and you will feel it! Now I only notice if I am really overextending. Something that I didn't really think about before surgery is that this band is part of my body now, and that I can feel it. When I lay flat on my back there is a bump where the port is, if I palpate my abdomen I can feel a lot of the "hardware," it's just a part of me now... But it's something that I hadn't explicitly counted on, necessarily :) I'm rambling, sorry.

Either way- no pain for me now, just occasional pressure. "This too shall pass!"

Omg I enjoy reading what us being said it helps me.. I feel that as well already..I must admitt I feel a little discouraged because I feel like I'm not losing any suggestions on that I know its only been 4 wks but I haven't reached that first 20 PDS post op..

It took me about 11-12 weeks to lose the first 20 lbs (but then i lost 15 lbs in the 6 weeks following that). Have you been tightened yet?

What happens is that when they first put the band on, it's not tightened at ALL, so any pressure comes from swelling of the stomach after the surgery. I found that about 4-5 weeks post op, before I'd been tightened (i was first tightened at about 7 weeks), my appetite was very similar to what it was pre-op. I couldn't eat quite as much, but I was still hungry going into every meal. My doctor saw me at 2 weeks, told me that she couldn't tighten until the next time I came in, and told me not to be surprised if I actually gain weight during this period, because that happens to people occasionally since they haven't been tightened and their stomach is back to 'normal.' Luckily, I didn't gain weight (when she told me that, it became my goal to make sure that I didn't gain), but I didn't start aggressively losing until after my first tightening.

Everyone loses weight at a different rate, so don't get discouraged! Just stick to what you're doing, eat right, and try to get as much exercise as you can (I know that's really hard when you're hurting though), and your body will kick in and start burning those calories before you know it! :)

xx Quinn

I'm 4 weeks post op too...

Burning pain? No I don't have that but it occasionally feels like I'm being stabbed or something is pinched really hard. For the most part most of the pain is gone but occasionally I'll have a reminder that I moved wrong and it's not happy.

I had lost 8 lbs in the two weeks post op and was super excited. Now the next two weeks to today I've only lost two lbs too. For a grand total of 10 pounds at the 1 month post op. I am a bit discouraged but like the other poster said we have to remember that we're not filled yet. At least my surgeon stated she doesn't start us with anything in our band. It is discouraging to see the number of people that lost 20 lbs in one month but we're each in our own little journey.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks so much for all the support.. I'm going to rest tonight and remember I'm healing.. I love this forum..so much info and suggestions for everyone. I'm taking it all in.

FYI-if you sit for long periods of time and wear under wire bras it can be very uncomfortable. A burning sore pain. I forgot why I stopped wearing under wire and bought 2 new ones. With in 2 weeks I started having a burning sore pain again. I was like "Hey Dummy you forgot already"? Got rid of the underwire again. Pain is going away.

I had my first fill yesterday. I finally feel better. Not hungry. Yea!!!!! At least for a while, I suppose. And I have noticed that bra thing too!

I'm not experiencing pain with my bra yet but I haven't had a fill. Is your port up near the underwire or something? I can't imagine not having an underwire lol.