Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where has Laura-Ven, butterbean and gamergirl gone? ?

Still missing everyone. Hope they all return again one day & I pray all are well & having awesome success as they continue along their journeys! The site is not the same anymore & actually is quite boring. They really kept it alive on here! Best wishes to all sleevers!

I agree. I miss their witty banter and sage advice. Not nearly the same awesomeness without them.

Miss 'em too...

Talk about being able to make a girl feel good! Thank you so much for those who posted and said nice things. I did take a much-needed break. For a while after surgery, EVERYTHING in my life was about surgery and that's all I did. The balance pendulum always swings us back in harmony right? So I took a little breather.

But I kept up with some of you, missed most of you that I'd friended here, kept up my blog (www.twosleevers.com) with sleeve-friendly recipes--and then woke up this morning ready to check in here again.

Lovely to see so many of the old faces still here and posting. Time for me to update my ticker and say hello to everyone :)

Talk about being able to make a girl feel good! Thank you so much for those who posted and said nice things. I did take a much-needed break. For a while after surgery, EVERYTHING in my life was about surgery and that's all I did. The balance pendulum always swings us back in harmony right? So I took a little breather.

But I kept up with some of you, missed most of you that I'd friended here, kept up my blog (www.twosleevers.com) with sleeve-friendly recipes--and then woke up this morning ready to check in here again.

Lovely to see so many of the old faces still here and posting. Time for me to update my ticker and say hello to everyone :)

Just checked out your site. Great recipes...love what you've created. Thanks for sharing!!

Talk about being able to make a girl feel good! Thank you so much for those who posted and said nice things. I did take a much-needed break. For a while after surgery, EVERYTHING in my life was about surgery and that's all I did. The balance pendulum always swings us back in harmony right? So I took a little breather. But I kept up with some of you, missed most of you that I'd friended here, kept up my blog (www.twosleevers.com) with sleeve-friendly recipes--and then woke up this morning ready to check in here again. Lovely to see so many of the old faces still here and posting. Time for me to update my ticker and say hello to everyone :)

Glad you took some much needed time away! We all need it...I did the same thing for a while...after you guys vanished, things went a little too far south for me and it was then that I understood why you guys did it.

Now, I've got things into perspective and I keep in mind what LipstickLady has said recently to several people regarding posting in public forums.

That said, I still miss Laura. I really got the most out of her posts. I even went as far as to tell my therapist that I owed a good portion of my success to her and what she would post. I also took bits and pieces from LipstickLady, MadamRev., Gamergirl, and Butters.

The 5 of you guys really are the secret to my success. You've all shown me that the surgery will only get you so far..that you still have to work it, be vigilant at all times, relax when you need too, and be willing to ask for input when it's needed.

& lets not forget RJ's/Beginning for all she has contributed to this site as well! All of you have helped so many on this site, myself included & even when some of you are not on for a period of time for whatever reasons the advice you have given to others or the threads you have started, the experiences you have all shared will always be here to help others at different times when people take the time to look up older posts related to what they are going through & that is a great benefit on here!

I honestly don't think I would have made it to this point without the site. I learned so so very much from everyone here. The main thing I learned I think was that it's not a magic bullet cure, and that for many of us, you need to use the early months to learn good habits otherwise once the sleeve heals, you will be in a heap of trouble. I know it doesn't work like that for everyone, but for some of us, the ones who never lost the hunger, the ones who are EXTREMELY carb sensitive, the first few months are a time of re-learning. While I envy those who can eat "a little bit of everything" and "never feel hungry" that is not me. I was hungry 5 days after surgery. I cannot lose anything if my carbs are over 50 gms. I know. I've tried :)

My husband reached goal a month or so ago, and started grazing again. Put back on 4 lbs. He's back to having to monitor everything again and is flirting with liquid diet etc. all over again.

I learned a lot here and I'm so grateful to the ones that took time to post and teach.

Hey GamerGirl, glad you took your break and happy to see you back. Hope all is well.

Hey GamerGirl, glad you took your break and happy to see you back. Hope all is well.

Indeed it is! Life is good. Good to "see" you again too :)

The Vets are so important to all of us in the pre and early days. I was 6 weeks yesterday. I have good restriction but I'm quite surprised at how easy it is to graze, to eat soft foods and to slide on the slippery slope. It really is only a tool and not fool proof. I'm proud of where I have gotten but I have sooooo far to go. I don't know how I would have gotten through any of this without this site. The positive, and the not do positive, help motivate and keep me on track. All of you Vets are so valuable to us - like lifelines. Just wanted to say THANKs, again. Post op is a whole new set of challenges. And I've got a long way to go. :(

Hi Gamegirl, I totally understand. Sometimes you just have to do something else for a while! I have only been on maybe once a week for the last month... but I do sneak a look now and then... I still need to stay alert, or the numbers start to go up. Congrats on your approach to goal!

I too am around in more a "lurking" mode... just quiet. Stable. Still working at working at it.

Not that anyone missed me, but I'm back. I took a break because I got busy with candy Crush, Facebook, work, and actually got a little selfish. I felt confident and the desperate need for reassurance, info, and experience went away. A few months later, I want to connect with you all again. I also want to offer hope, and a little experience where I can. I spent hours every day on this site a year ago while getting ready for my sleeve. I might not be here today if I hadn't had all of your collective comments and hopes and pictured to prod me along.

Forgive my absence. I plan to check in for a short time most days of the week moving forward.

Not that anyone missed me, but I'm back. I took a break because I got busy with candy Crush, Facebook, work, and actually got a little selfish. I felt confident and the desperate need for reassurance, info, and experience went away. A few months later, I want to connect with you all again. I also want to offer hope, and a little experience where I can. I spent hours every day on this site a year ago while getting ready for my sleeve. I might not be here today if I hadn't had all of your collective comments and hopes and pictured to prod me along. Forgive my absence. I plan to check in for a short time most days of the week moving forward.

Hey if I'd been on the site I would totally have missed you! :) glad you're back.